• BANGER

2 14.29%
  • WACK

3 21.43%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clipse-til the casket drops

aka The Chaotica SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS's Avatar

Default Clipse-til the casket drops

While the globe has been rocking to Neptune's produced beats since the late 90's and the Clipse has been the cats the Neptune's help usher in, it's only right that the Clipse have about almost all the LP helm by Chad & Pharrell aka The Neptune's. Both have been associated with the sound Virginia for a better part of the 2000's and the “Til the Casket Drops” isn't no different. The “Til the Casket Drops” LP itself has a strong and eerie sound as the last album, “Hell Hath No Fury” had with a strong cut of Pharrell's hooks, bridges and choruses coupled with the Clipse vivid street naratives have been proven to be a winning formula since the groups inception with “Grindin” off “Lord Willin” album.

With all that said, the Clipse have been grinding sickly hard with both Pusha T and Malice showing they more than just crack rappers with street narratives, they proving they got allot of flow, confidence and that new name for the it-factor “swagger” but what's with all that if the production value isn't there. That's where the Neptunes come in with bangers such as “Door Man”, “Freedom”, “Showin' Out”, yet all may have the signature snares, hi-hats,etc the sound has evolve and given the Clipse great paints to detail their portraits they painting together.

Overall this album is in the same vein of their previous efforts, yet it also show them maturing as rappers, showing they can speak on the same topics but come with a new zeal that wasn't there before. I'm going to give this LP a notch below there previous effort in a 3 out of 5 stars for the fact it's dope but it doesn't have the darkness you expect from an album titled “Til the Casket Drops”. Where is the darkness I don't see it, it's too colorful.

pS* I HATE THIS COVER

Wu Vatican

i think the cover is a little cheap looking. but it is an eye grabber when its on that rack. album thumps in the whip, a very very dope album.
    The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.

Platinum Chupa Chup DirtMcgehrk's Avatar

Man that cover was done by KAWS. He's one of the dopest street artists out of New Jersey.
    "Drag you to hell I'm evil dead, you can call me Sam Raimi/ These Muthafuckas
    want a verse but they can't pay me."

i just feel the cover's color doesn't fit the theme of the album, it's a good album but hell hath no fury was better, maybe it'll grow on me in time

Wu Vatican

Quote Originally Posted by DirtMcgehrk View Post
    Man that cover was done by KAWS. He's one of the dopest street artists out of New Jersey.

I'm sure Picasso painted some shitty stuff in his life too...
    The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.

respect

After a few listens I'm really starting to appreciate this album, it's nothing like HHNF but I'm glad they didn't try to replicate it and chose to go for a different sound. The first half is near flawless but the last 6 or 7 tracks are kinda hit/miss, I don't think there are any weak tracks all the way through but just less standouts in the 2nd half. HHNF set the bar very high and I'm not at all disappointed with this.

Give it an 8.5/10, one of the best 3 releases of '09, probably will be my most played from this year though.

Wu Vatican

^i agree. i'd give this album a 9/10. the songs i wasn't really feeling at first just needed a proper sound system to listen to them on.

listening to this in the whip is an experience. the neptunes and khalil's drums hit HARD. 'showing out' with yo gotti is crazy.

the clipse are just on some other shit. head and shoulders above everyone else in what they are doing progressing their sound and rhymes.

-

I'll check out their new album later but i probably won't like it because of the beats. Hell Hath No Fury album sucks. Lord Willin album is pretty good.

-

LOL@album cover hahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Wu Vatican

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    I'll check out their new album later but i probably won't like it because of the beats. Hell Hath No Fury album sucks. Lord Willin album is pretty good.

i am for you.

-

Hell Hath No Fury sucked to me. Their first unreleased album Exclusive Audio Footage sucks too LOL. Funeral song is tight from their first album.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    Hell Hath No Fury sucked to me. Their first unreleased album Exclusive Audio Footage sucks too LOL. Funeral song is tight from their first album.
    funeral was the best song on they unreleased Debut

Wu Vatican

yea i wasnt feeling the exclusive audio footage, the beats killed it for me.

but they are fucking money on neptunes beats.

charles you are trippin bruh, hhnf is tip top. the whole thing bangs.

this new album is fire too. the two albums are like a ying and a yang. opposite forces but they do some both so dope.

respect

I liked Exclusive Audio Footage, Feel Like Me is one of my favourite songs ever and The Funeral is ridiculous, they changed a lot since then.

Quote Originally Posted by whitey View Post
    yea i wasnt feeling the exclusive audio footage, the beats killed it for me.

but they are fucking money on neptunes beats.

charles you are trippin bruh, hhnf is tip top. the whole thing bangs.

this new album is fire too. the two albums are like a ying and a yang. opposite forces but they do some both so dope.
    exactly