Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Canibal Ox - The Cold Vein

Wu Vatican

dude i slept so hard on this you could call it hibernating. i only discovered it through the mighty joseph album. i wanted to check out some more of the stuff dudes in there had did and they said one of the dudes was in can ox.

i've known of can ox for a minute but idk if it was the name or what but i never gave them a listen.

i co-sign about 90% of this thread though. 10/10 phenomenal stuff. beats are off the chain, and the lyrics are fire.

"On Prison's intentions, get diesel, read a book
    Find god in a cell block, that's your fate
    I'm that voice in the back of LL's head saying
    "You gonna let a weed plant do that?" yeah, I like to instigate"

defiantly recommend that mighty joeseph album though to anyone and everyone feeling can ox.
    Last edited by whitey; 09-02-2008 at 01:40 PM.
    The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.

Hello, everybody! DR. NICK RIVIERA's Avatar

^^^^get the can ox mixtape, it's named 'Speakeroxxx // The Ox Below' I think, or something like that

u gotta hear the song with Jean Grae, or the Angels and Insects <3
    bring back begongo!!

A dope and classic underground Hip Hop album, Vast and Vordul were astounding, the production was incredible, I hope (though I highly doubt it) that we get another Cannibal Ox album with El-P production.

Wera, have you got that Angels and Insects...I have been looking for that for ages.

yeah I wouldn't mind you uploading those 2 tracks you mentioned either.. I haven't really heard much from Cann O besides this album (which I bumped like crazy for years though) so that would be appreciated. did y'all hear the joint they did with Pete Rock early this year - "Mecca & The OX", pretty ill.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

^^ i know you posted that a long-ass time ago but yeah haha mecca and the ox is ill. its awesome how pete rock adjusted his style to mimic an el-p beat. just to give us a cold vein type feel

10/10

i didnt even like it at first but every song slowly got better and better. i prefer vordul's verses over vast aire's but they both come amazing. one of the best albums i've heard, in terms of quality and cohesion. el-p's said that this is the best production he's ever done and i have to agree

aka The Chaotica SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tecknowledgist View Post
    ^^ i know you posted that a long-ass time ago but yeah haha mecca and the ox is ill. its awesome how pete rock adjusted his style to mimic an el-p beat. just to give us a cold vein type feel

10/10

i didnt even like it at first but every song slowly got better and better. i prefer vordul's verses over vast aire's but they both come amazing. one of the best albums i've heard, in terms of quality and cohesion. el-p's said that this is the best production he's ever done and i have to agree
    i rock that album at least twice or three times a week

Been relistening to this in the wake of EL-P droppin 2 classics in a month.

Man... it still blows my head off. the weird sounds and sinister rhymes stay in my mind. Put this in my top 5 albums, one of very few challengers to SC crown. El-P says Can O will probably never reunite. such a shame. Vast Aire does decent solo albums but sometimes the production lets him down. If El-P could produce a Vast Aire solo with a few vordul features that would work since mega seems to be the lazy one.