Thread: Producer looking to collab with MC's (i'm NO businessman)

Default Producer looking to collab with MC's (i'm NO businessman)

I go by the name Postmark and I'm based out of Toronto. I'm looking for MC's that want to collab on tracks. I'm NOT on this forum to sell people beats. I make beats non-stop no matter what and am looking for a likeminded MC that is interested in art before commerce. That being said, I have a distribution deal for releasing my instrumental albums so anything we would work on could get an actual release.

Check out my stuff here:
    myspace.com/postmarkbeats
    soundcloud.com/postmark

I'm also looking for CONSTRUCTIVE criticism. In other words, people that want to write shit like "your beats are gay" need not waste your time. I'm a divinely inspired musician and I would love to engage in dialogue with others.

One love and God bless the Wu

- Postmark

march of the prince was hard so was go on hesitate

peace yo, we from LONDON. bless

On first blunted listen thru, shit was sounding FRESH sun, a wide sound I guess one could say, sounded full and professional to me. real smooth too, mixed wit the grit. It dosent sound like you jus took a sample looped it, threw some drums an went runnin!! nah wat i mean, some of these beats are intricate maze type shit real nice

colonel casio was real spaced out sun, nice feelin it, classic vibe shit

march of the prince ill yo flutes is haunting, damn.. KRS cut was blasphemy

honest man nice sun i feel like im playin max payne or somthin hahaha

rio 2 lagos was menacing haha shit

damn i cant even fathom all these drops in slow blues woooooo respect

somthings happening is butter, horns in the mist kid

society type , i really was lookin forward to this one the drop was illly, but theres a noise in there that i dont like , as it progressed, the noise stayed but the shit jus continued to move, some great sounds in here.

untitled is jus a fat beat im feelin it

got a mothafucka vibin right now! peace too you and yours homie

one
    DOWNLOADALBUMZ!

many thanks for the listens. means a lot to me.
    people on other boards aren't so kind.

DC Entel:
    Your lyrics are perfect for headphones. The type of stuff that is very personal and intellectual, but not the type of bookwork shit that is pretentious. Thinking man stuff, but straight up street shit. The one lyric that stood out for me was "I aint religous but I pray sometimes". I always like words that can be interpreted multiple ways.

Basement Dwellaz:
    Got mad blunted for this one (and I'm glad i did!) I don't think you could have picked a better name. This reminds me of the basement level hip hop that seems to be lost on this new generation of ringtone rappers. Your stuff is a lot of fun to listen to and you have the skills on the mic to back it up. Especially loving the ol skool video game references, awesome. This stuff reminds me of dope rap teams like Channel Live or Company Flow.

Just so y'all know, the beats I post aren't really designed for rappin on at the moment. I've had trouble finding anyone that wants my beats in Toronto so I just make tunes that can stand on their own. But if you like anything just let me know and it can be tailored to your liking.

DC, are you on the mic on any of these tracks or are you strictly on the beat? it was a little unclear on your page.
    just went back and listened to more of your beats. you have a really deep sound, the type of vibe where there's not one element of the mix that stands out but all the parts blend together to make a cohesive whole. those are the best beats to rap on (i would think) since the attention is on groove rather than melody. on that track "heart on my sleeve" i usually don't like the style where people take a vocal sample and turn up the pitch ( a la 9th wonder) since it's really played out, but you flipped that one pretty nice. respect.

My fav beat on ur list is march of the prince, has me written all over it haha, nice joints man, keep em comin!
    P.e.a.c.e.
    -z-

im feelin that march of the prince joint, man really im feelin most of these but i agree with menes, theres one sound on society type that brings it down a bit

let us know whats good and im sure we can work something out. welcome to the boards, stay up

peace

oh ya and peace on the comments about our music, good looks on checkin that out

alot of heat on here... peace...

www.myspace.com/skampopepcp
    www.myspace.com/therealpcp

hit me up mang...

SkamPoe at instagram @kinghippoe
    FOLLOW!!

student of the culture White_Mouse's Avatar

Hey man I'm really feeling what your doing here, I guess the best way for you to see what I'm about is to check my latest track for my upcoming indpendent release I'm doing w/ cdbaby nothing big but it's a start
    http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94116
    My Musik @
    www.myspace.com/mousetheprodigy
    grace&piece

I DL'd your whole soundcloud catalog.
    bout to cop some good haze today and we'll see what happens.

thanks to all for checking stuff out. makes a guy feel good.
    to anyone who's interested, add me on myspace and i'll send you the instrumental album i just finished. don't mind sharing with other linke minded MC's/producers.