Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: b-real is the illest latino emcee to ever grab the mic...

I was going to mention that but didn't want to go off-route. His second album is wack to me and so was that Terror Squad shit but can't deny homie had insane flow.

Quote Originally Posted by RAW-TASTE View Post
    LOL the thing is , pun woulda most likely gone the fat joe route, look at his 2nd album compared to his first, it had like 2 good songs and a bunch of commercial bullshit. a few more albums like that and who knows what people might of think of him today if he was still alive.the only reason pun might be up there with the greats is cause his CATALOG was never ruined and he died before he can.

a lot of heads consider that puns death actually saved his legacy! i can see why!
    you got a point there, but we cant possibly predict what pun's next moves were gonna be. pun loved hip hop and was a rapper's rapper. keep in mind, jay-z went commercial on his 2nd album too before finding his way back and dropping classics like the blueprint, the black album, american gangster etc... i'll give pun the benefit of the doubt.

FRESH FISH

lol at B-Real being better than Big Pun. Dumb thread

Huey P Newton. 1970 - The Women's Liberation and Gay Liberation Movements
    http://www.historyisaweapon.com/defcon1/newtonq.html

Banned

bateman is on point!!!!!!

its gonna be the younger crowd that finds this thread to be blasphemous!!!!!!!!!

yall really have no idea...

b-real had niggas shook!!!!!! he was rhyming about trees, gang banging, and he had a sense of humor, but at the same time, he was no fuckin joke!!!!!!!!!!!

that whole "ima puff on this blunt, and kill you" shit is b-reals creation!!!!!!!!!!!

aldo the apache is 21 years old and and openly gay, your opinion isnt welcome!!!!!!! not that you have one anyway, you jizz sipping bird brain!!!!!!! hell of a post aldo!!!!!!!!!!!

if you were listening to cypress in the early 90's, you already know the deal... there was a time when b-real was THEE nicest lyricist out... pun was never championed the same way in the flesh... FACT!!!!!!!!!!

hottest joint off rise up... b fuckin blacks out... album coulda been something special if muggs had a bigger role... shame!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by angry! View Post
    bateman is on point!!!!!!

its gonna be the younger crowd that finds this thread to be blasphemous!!!!!!!!!

yall really have no idea...

b-real had niggas shook!!!!!! he was rhyming about trees, gang banging, and he had a sense of humor, but at the same time, he was no fuckin joke!!!!!!!!!!!

that whole "ima puff on this blunt, and kill you" shit is b-reals creation!!!!!!!!!!!

aldo the apache is 21 years old and and openly gay, your opinion isnt welcome!!!!!!! not that you have one anyway, you jizz sipping bird brain!!!!!!! hell of a post aldo!!!!!!!!!!!

if you were listening to cypress in the early 90's, you already know the deal... there was a time when b-real was THEE nicest lyricist out... pun was never championed the same way in the flesh... FACT!!!!!!!!!!

hottest joint off rise up... b fuckin blacks out... album coulda been something special if muggs had a bigger role... shame!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    so you're saying actually as a lyricist b-real is better than pun??
    c'mon man!! b- real could never pull of a "beware" or "super lyrical" or even a "twinz" like pun did.

FRESH FISH

lol, you lose man Cypress Hill are great but none of them bring hard lyrics, I'd rank Fat Joe higher than B-Real too - CH aint released an album as good as Capital Punishment or Jealous Ones Envy. Actually most Latino Rappers I can think of are better than B-Real, he'd lose to the Latino members of AotP real hard to actually. Aint Celph Titled Cuban? Man he'd fucking chop B-Real's head off

Hilarious thread.

Dude, I agree B-Real lyrically is nothing special but to say Cypress have never brought hard lyrics? Do you have any idea how hard 'How I Could Just Kill a Man' was upon its release? Black Sunday was one the biggest albums ever.

Banned

HAHAHAHAHAHA

celph titled would chop off b-reals head?!?!!?!?!?!!?

somebody tell celph titled about this, so celph can tell aldo to shut his faggot ass up!!!!!!!!!!!

i hate when niggas try talking about something they know nothing about...

ive listened to everything cypress and pun released, ive heard most of celph titleds material, and im a fan... that was possibly... the dumbest thing ever said in regards to latinos in hip hop!!!!!! congrats aldo!!!!!!

yall really wanna get into it?!!?!?!?

b-real probably has 3 times as many classic verses as pun... thats gotta be good for something!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh and BTW cypress first 3 albums >>> captial punishment!!!!!!!!

first 3 cypress albums are CERTIFIED CLASSICS.. captial punishment, as good as it is, wasnt viewed as a CERTIFIED CLASSIC when it dropped!! FACT!!!!!!!!!!!! niggas are quick to call it classic now, but when it dropped?!!?!?!? just a hot ass album!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cypress first 3 releases changed music... forget hip hop!!!!!!!!

and b-real is the definition of a hardcore lyricist...

"hand on the pump"
    "how i could just kill a man"
    "lick a shot"
    "hole in the head"
    "pigs"

aldo why dont you just say you dont know what youre talking about!?!?!?! save face or die faggot!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by angry!; 04-18-2010 at 02:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by angry! View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHA

celph titled would chop off b-reals head?!?!!?!?!?!!?

somebody tell celph titled about this, so celph can tell aldo to shut his faggot ass up!!!!!!!!!!!

i hate when niggas try talking about something they know nothing about...

ive listened to everything cypress and pun released, ive heard most of celph titleds material, and im a fan... that was possibly... the dumbest thing ever said in regards to latinos in hip hop!!!!!! congrats aldo!!!!!!

yall really wanna get into it?!!?!?!?

b-real probably has 3 times as many classic verses as pun... thats gotta be good for something!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh and BTW cypress first 3 albums >>> captial punishment!!!!!!!!

first 3 cypress albums are CERTIFIED CLASSICS.. captial punishment, as good as it is, wasnt viewed as a CERTIFIED CLASSIC when it dropped!! FACT!!!!!!!!!!!! niggas are quick to call it classic now, but when it dropped?!!?!?!? just a hot ass album!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cypress first 3 releases changed music... forget hip hop!!!!!!!!

and b-real is the definition of a hardcore lyricist...

"hand on the pump"
    "how i could just kill a man"
    "lick a shot"
    "hole in the head"
    "pigs"

aldo why dont you just say you dont know what youre talking about!?!?!?! save face or die faggot!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ok angry, answer me this. do you rank b-real higher than biggie and big L??

Quote Originally Posted by MaskedAvenger View Post
    Dude, I agree B-Real lyrically is nothing special but to say Cypress have never brought hard lyrics? Do you have any idea how hard 'How I Could Just Kill a Man' was upon its release? Black Sunday was one the biggest albums ever.
    ok if this is how you feel how can you say he is a better lyricist than pun, when pun is one of the best lyricists in the history of hip hop... FACT!!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo the Apache View Post
    lol, you lose man Cypress Hill are great but none of them bring hard lyrics, I'd rank Fat Joe higher than B-Real too - CH aint released an album as good as Capital Punishment or Jealous Ones Envy. Actually most Latino Rappers I can think of are better than B-Real, he'd lose to the Latino members of AotP real hard to actually. Aint Celph Titled Cuban? Man he'd fucking chop B-Real's head off

Hilarious thread.
    this is why faggots arent allowed in hip hop!!!!!!!

yall contaminate the waters!!!!!!!!!

LOL @ fat joe... a nigga thats used ghostwriters his ENTIRE career, being better than b-real!!!!!!!

i would slap the jizz out of your mouth for sayin that in person you surly faggot!!!!!!!!!!!!

aldo is pale... from wales...and openly gay... stop talking about hip hop.... NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if you champion lyricism in hip hop, and shit on b-real, you need to lock yourself in a room with cypress first 3 albums and shut the fuck up!!!!!!!!!!

are you gonna answer my question or not angry??

FRESH FISH

Nah he's just gonna shout at me a lot, he'd apparently rather just talk gay shit than talk Hip Hop.

Quote Originally Posted by cap View Post
    ok if this is how you feel how can you say he is a better lyricist than pun, when pun is one of the best lyricists in the history of hip hop... FACT!!
    He is not better lyrically than Pun, no chance. But i'm past that whole 'who is better lyrically' debate in hip hop. Its all about the music you drop, yeah I don't want to hear no wack motherfuckers but I'd rather hear a above average MC make great music than some super lyrical cat's wack ass album. (btw im not referring to Pun im just giving an example) In 20 years time people will look back and it will be hard to choose a Latino rapper who has done more in Hip hop than B-Real/Cypress Hill

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by cap View Post
    ok angry, answer me this. do you rank b-real higher than biggie and big L??
    dont get me goin on this son...

we talkin latino emcees...

but if you truly wanna know...

big l got maybe the illest skillset in the history of rap... same with biggie.... and both them niggas was 1 of 1 originals, that sounded like nothing else out.... id rank em both over b and pun!!!!!!!!

pun sounded like a puerto rican g rap... tell me im wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!

biggie, big l, pun, all them niggas is bo jackson status.... all time greats as far as skillsets go, but their time was cut short....

b-real is emmit smith status... hes an all time great his damn self, crazy skillset + longevity!!!!!!!!! ya feel me!?!?!?!!?

maybe i shoulda worded the thread differently but fuck it... b-real has accomplished more than any other latino nigga in hip hop... i love pun, but thats how im callin it!!!!!!!!!!!