Thread: I Notice That There Aren't That Many Action Movies Coming Out During The Summer

-

Default I Notice That There Aren't That Many Action Movies Coming Out During The Summer

Remember in the 80's and 90's when action movies were coming out during the summer like Another 48 Hrs, Die Hard 2, Speed, Point Break, Lethal Weapon 2,3,4, Beverly Hills Cop 2, Steven Seagal and Jean Claude Van Damme's movies, Fast and The Furious movies, XXX? What's going on now with less action movies coming out during the summer? The A Team, The Losers, The Takers(hopefully it will come out in August and it won't get pushed back again), The Expendables are the only action movies coming out this summer. What's up with that? Most action movies that come out now are going straight to video.

The "action movies" that you are referring to are in this day and age considered played out. They went out of fashion back in the ninties, at least in terms of theatrical outings. Thats part of the reason why The Expendables movie is happening at all. It's a project designed to bring back that old school action flick to the big screen, and what better way to do it than to feature our fave action stars from the eighties right up to the most recent.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
    Method Man

Drunk Off Titty Milk!!!! BRONZBODY's Avatar

yeah its all about the dorky white nerdy idiot savant who always gets the hottest chick in the world type movies.....or tyler perry, or the antichrist himself fucking up my childhood with all these shitty ass remakes.

-

Action movies are never gonna be played out and they're gonna continue to get made. It probably won't be that many of them coming to theatres in the future but that's cool. It seems like action movies are going straight to video now but that's alright too. Dolph Lundgren, Jean Claude Van Damme, Steven Seagal are still doing them but they're straight to video LOL. As long as they're getting paid, i know they don't care about them going straight to video LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by bronzbody View Post
    yeah its all about the dorky white nerdy idiot savant who always gets the hottest chick in the world type movies.....or tyler perry, or the antichrist himself fucking up my childhood with all these shitty ass remakes.
    co-sign

im good with just The Expendables and A-Team. and Machete is coming out this summer too i think

Some people get tired of action movies and the predictability.

what about Predators ??

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    Remember in the 80's and 90's when action movies were coming out during the summer like Another 48 Hrs, Die Hard 2, Speed, Point Break, Lethal Weapon 2,3,4, Beverly Hills Cop 2, Steven Seagal and Jean Claude Van Damme's movies, Fast and The Furious movies, XXX? What's going on now with less action movies coming out during the summer? The A Team, The Losers, The Takers(hopefully it will come out in August and it won't get pushed back again), The Expendables are the only action movies coming out this summer. What's up with that? Most action movies that come out now are going straight to video.
    And Death Wish, if he hadn't fucking died in 2003. *Shakes Fist
    Quote Originally Posted by food for thought View Post
    i hope you die tonight faggit.

-

I like Death Wish movies. I like the first 3. Part 4 and part 5 i didn't like that much. RIP Charles Bronson. He was a good actor. I've seen some of his other action movies like Assassination and Murphy's Law. I know he did some westerns but i haven't seen them. Can ya'll believe Chuck Norris is 70 years old? His birthday was a few months ago i think. I got his Walker Texas Ranger tv show on dvd from the library. I loved that show. I like his movies too like The Delta Force 1 and 2, Missing In Action 1,2,3, Hero And The Terror, Code Of Silence.