Thread: Solar To Critics: "Guru made this statement from his own mouth..."

Default Solar To Critics: "Guru made this statement from his own mouth..."

(AllHipHop News) Producer Solar has lashed out at growing speculation over the authenticity of a letter sent out this morning along with a press release announcing the death of revered rapper, Guru of Gangstarr.

Solar, who was a partner with Guru in the 7Grand Record label, broke the news today (April 20th) that Guru had succumbed to cancer yesterday morning (April 19th) after battling the disease for several years.

Many fans have questioned a final letter from Guru, who allegedly refused to acknowledge group member, DJ Premier, who produced the majority of Gangstarr’s classic tracks.

"I do not wish my ex-DJ to have anything to do with my name likeness, events tributes etc. connected in anyway to my situation including any use of my name or circumstance for any reason and I have instructed my lawyers to enforce this,” Guru allegedly wrote before his death. “I had nothing to do with him in life for over 7 years and want nothing to do with him in death. Solar has my life story and is well informed on my family situation, as well as the real reason for separating from my ex-DJ.”

In addition to his death, the controversial statement has left fans doubting if Guru, born Keith Elam, would issue such harsh words while he was sick with cancer and undergoing treatment.

“Guru made this statement from his own mouth and anybody saying different is insane with Hate!” Solar Tweeted today (April 20th).

Drama aside, fans and friends reacted in shock about the news of Guru’s sudden death.

"Guru Rest in Peace. Good times good memories. Wish we had reconnected one last time. Farewell fam,” Masta Ace said.

"R.I.P GURU LOVE YOU MY BROTHER the World Will Miss You!!!! WE LOST A Great Man and a Big Part OF HIP HOP History!!!" Fat Joe added.

Munching eyes since 1989 Edgar Erebus's Avatar

Ultimate defense in hip-hop. Anyone noticing you are making some shady moves is a hater.
    "The Devil is not the Prince of Matter; the Devil is the arrogance of the spirit, faith without smile, truth that is never seized by doubt. The Devil is grim because he knows where he is going, and, in moving, he always returns whence he came."

Damn it might be true...I don`t see why it`s in the realm of impossibility that guru didn`t like preemo anymore...I mean there are people that I used to be tight with and now don`t even wanna hang around , even if you payed me.

peace be with you !