Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: that word -> l-o-v-e

Quote Originally Posted by My First Timbs
    love is nothing but a quantifiable biochemical reaction involving evolved responses particularly for social animals.

its primarily controlled by the hormone testosterone

there are 3 forms of this thing we define as "love"

lust, romance and attachment

lust is an evolutionarily designed cognition that gets a social creature in the mode of "looking for a potential mate"

romance is an evolutionarily designed cognition and enduring chemical response that is designed to make a social animal focus all their mating energy on one idividual at a time (selectivity)

attachment (the last phase) is evolutionarily designed behavior/emotional response (driven by endorphins, dopamine and serotonin (also known as the "pleasure principle").. the purpose of attachment in social animals is to ensure the survival of the resultant offspring by way of possession of more than one parental figure during crucial years of child rearing

www.acalltosanity.com
    I'm pretty sure the "lust" phase is controlled by increased amounts of Dopamines in the brain. The "romance/attachment" phase is driven by a chemical called Oxytocin which stimulates "bonding" with your partner.
    ]browndogg*]

-Familiar Vegetable-

oh come on,,,

have you fallen in love yet?
    .Roze

Love Is Love There Is Nothing Like It

Quote Originally Posted by brown_dogg
    I'm pretty sure the "lust" phase is controlled by increased amounts of Dopamines in the brain. The "romance/attachment" phase is driven by a chemical called Oxytocin which stimulates "bonding" with your partner.
    indeed oxytocin plays a major role !

in my studies of non human primates (mainly Chimps and Cynomolgus Monkeys) this neurotransmitter primarily comes into play during actual sexual stimulation (as seen in gential stimulation in cynomolgus monkeys)...this can be correlated to human female orgasm

so in a nutshell, i wholeheartedly wanted to second what u stated on how it does play a role, but normally when this neurotransmitter is in play in humans, the mating pair has already been deeply committed in the romace phase already.

the endocrinology of the lust phase (which leads to the romance) is dictated by testostrone and pleasure principals (serotonin), (dopamine) and even sometimes PDE5 inhibitors

Available Worldwide via these book sellers:
    Barnes and Noble Bookfinder.com
    Amazon.com Trafford Publishing Target

Quote Originally Posted by Strange Fruit
    oh come on,,,

have you fallen in love yet?
    ive "fallen in love" a few times

rabbit habits.. CherChezLaMarauder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Potent1
    nah its an illusion, its endorfins that cause you to feel good inside brought on by a whisper, a touch or just a look. Thats why it comes in spurts, like when you think about a person, you relate the thing you like that most which releases endorfins.....so love is really like being high, thats why you can't think straight half the muthalovin time.

next time you want to feel love, smoke a fatty and call it a day, it's easier.

next session: 1 hour 10 minute... Out to Lunch...

THAT'S GOD AWFULLY CYNICAL

Love meeee i love youuuuu.......AIII dreeeeam about youuuuuu.....
    Everyone has their own defenition of the wor(L)d LOVE...

Love Sucks.......its A Curse, But Dats Just My Recent Outlook On It..

Those who think love is just a kind of chemical reaction have obviously never really experienced it in my opinion.
    F.L.I.N.T.

Quote Originally Posted by WU-KILLAH
    Those who think love is just a kind of chemical reaction have obviously never really experienced it in my opinion.
    thats not true at all

just because one can understand the exact mechanism of something, does not in anyway mean that one can never experience the effects of that "something"

in all honesty, once i truly learned the nature of love from a biological, evolutionary and chemical standpoint, i started having alot more respect and admiration for it...

once u understand the biochemical basis for it, u then start to realize exactly how "special" and remarkable this adaptation we call "love" is for us simians.

Interesting answer as usual.
    But how can you explain that among all the girlfriends I had in my life there is only one that made me so crazy of her. I mean there is no rational reason ... why her ? she's not necessary the most beautiful girl I had or the most perfect, but if she's far Im sad ... not because I want to fuck her, just because I need to have her with me. It's not my testosterone who make me feel that way.
    I don't contest there is a biological and chemical process ... but the starting point isn't "rational".
    F.L.I.N.T.

Please Don't Listen To First Timbs, Wu-killah. The Man Breathes Helium, Shits Out His Mouth And Consumes Thru Photosynthesis. He's Not Human. People Like Him Potray Life As Meaningless And Robotic.

tacle

I believe in love.

crushed out heavenly Ghost In The 'Lac's Avatar

sometimes i tihnk its a mental illness. like you cant get somehting out of your mind it can fuck you up

Misused & Abused. People Look For It Like It's Egg Hunting On Easter Sunday. People Try To Manipulate Your Mind By Telling You All These Deep "feelings" They Have For You, Yet The Sincererity Is Questionable At The Very Least. People Have Their Own Personal Voids And Throw Love Around To Fill That Void, Where They Really Have No True Knowledge Of That Other Person. People Are In Love With Being In Love. If You're Lucky You Befriend Someone That Will Eventually Have That Feeling We Call "love". Unconditional; Whether You're Fat, Ugly, Bald, Smelly Etc. Many Times People Try To Tell You That Have Feelings, Or They Miss You, Or They Think About You, Or Even Go As Far As Saying They Love You. But After A Certain Period Amount Of Time They'll Find Someone Else And You'll Hear Less From Them. Me Personally, I'm Wise Enough To See Through All The Personal Agendas & Objectives. Many Of These People Aren't Sincere What They Tell You. Which Is Why I Put Up That Invisible Wall In Front Of Me, Not Allowing Myself To Be Vulnerable Around Confused And Unstable People.