Thread: Little Brother Want Fans To Understand Break-Up

SHAKA ZULU BOBO SHANTI NYABINGHI MAN A MAU MAU WARRIOR

Default Little Brother Want Fans To Understand Break-Up

Rap duo Little Brother has opened up about parting ways after the release of their final album, Leftback.

Rapper Big Pooh compared the separation to other former hip-hop groups like Q-Tip's A Tribe Called Quest.

"I was just thinking about our own situation and then I realized, when groups leave, it's just like when a person dies. Every person dies and a baby is born. So, as Little Brother calls it quits, there are other groups to not necessarily take our place but to keep the tradition going...That's what it's all about -- you don't want your favorite group to force a relationship. Like, you don't want Tribe Called Quest...If they don't really want to be together, you want them to make another album. If they make an album just because you asked for it, it's not going to be the same Tribe Called Quest you fell in love with. It's going to be something forced." (Hip Hop DX)
    Phonte added and said sometimes privacy should be respected in the separation of associates.

"Generally, I'm a person that believes people don't have a right to know and keeping it all about the music. It's just like in a marriage. If you and your wife have a divorce, that pretty much should be kept between y'all. As long as everything's kept in private, then it's cool. I think that is the proper way to handle things." (Hip Hop DX)
    Chi-town's Rhymefest recently spoke with SOHH about Little Brother's run coming to an end.

"I've talked to Little Brother about their "break-up." At the end of the day, they're both my brothers and it's just that they realize they've done as much as they can do with the Little Brother run. It's like, to me, they have to go off and explore different avenues and transitions of them as artists and as men. Little Brother is like a child that's ready to leave the house. It don't mean "Ah man, it's over!" People thought 9th Wonder leaving Little Brother was a moment where they had to say, "Oh man, they're done." And then they came out with so many dope albums after that. So now, they have to figure out who they are as individuals. And at the end of the day, you never know. How many times did Michael Jordan retire? [laughs] And then they find that their life experiences can bring them back together but regardless, I totally understand what they're doing because I'm getting ready to go through a transition myself." (SOHH)
    Aside from their new album, Leftback, Little Brother have dropped three projects over the past seven years.

In 2003, Little Brother released its full-length debut, The Listening, which won widespread critical praise that focused especially on 9th Wonder's production. The buzz helped him earn a raft of high-profile outside gigs, including tracks on a pair of multi-platinum releases: The Black Album by Jay-Z and Destiny Fulfilled by Destiny's Child. Little Brother leapt to a major label (along with ABB) in 2005 for The Minstrel Show. In January 2007, as the group was finishing up their next release, Getback, it was announced that Little Brother had left Atlantic and that 9th Wonder had amicably left Little Brother. (All Music)
    We do it for the people.

Sucks to hear but like Rhymefest said it's the beginning of something else. I still expect nothing but dope music from all 3 members.

So many bodies on my microphone the shit's haunted

them breaking up really sucks!! they really were a breath of fres air in the game today. cant explain how much i love their albums/mixtapes, especially "minstrel show" & "Getback" which is just a great feel good record!! thx for the music.

that sucks elephat balls
    "Borough hopping, copping bricks, bags, burners and kicks City slickers, circling the strip, working them tricks"
    -Rebel INS the GREAT!!!

{>____<}

Wow! They were a great group.
    Loyalty is Royalty. Strength and Loyalty

Big Pooh compared

I realized, when groups leave, it's just like when a person dies. Every person dies and a baby is born.

Phonte added

It's just like in a marriage. If you and your wife have a divorce, that pretty much should be kept between y'all.

Rhymefest recently spoke

Little Brother is like a child that's ready to leave the house.
    lol what's with these family value analogies

Fresh 2 Deff

little brother have always been puttin out dope ass music, "3 albums in the game mufucker we still tight - Phonte" and now the last "leftback".. they never slacked, never gave half a heart. Always came thru hard and made good music for peepz out there.. i'll miss LB like a mufucker, personally they have been one of the hiphop groups that has been highest on my fav. list! together with WU.
    thx for the years of great music, i hope yall find whatever you seek!
    peace to the both of yall. its has been a fuckin good run!

one

Your fav. artist's artist fatboybrandon's Avatar

Here's a radio interview Phonte did recently if you want to hear him explain the breakup in addition to, or rather reading about it. he usually explains himself well in interviews:

http://conspiracyworldwide.podOmatic...07_49_42-08_00 (streaming audio and mp3 right click download)

sleepless in basedworld ALCATRAZ's Avatar

why are they acting like anyone gives a shit

Fresh 2 Deff

why respond to the thread if you dont give a fuck, really?
    waste of post.

so these guys are dope? ive seen there shit at bullmoose music but ive never picked up a cd. ima look into them...any suggestions on what cd i should check out first?
    A million strands of spider webs weaved to make my vest
    Chi energy compacted deep within my inner chest
    One touch of my eagle claw clutch, rips your guts, brass head kill you fast with rapid head buts, ninja spying, the ammo flying, the steel iron blow a nigga neck from his head like dandelions

Quote Originally Posted by DThayer36 View Post
    so these guys are dope? ive seen there shit at bullmoose music but ive never picked up a cd. ima look into them...any suggestions on what cd i should check out first?
    the minstrel show is considered their best work.

edit: and the quote in your sig is wrong. its supposed to be "more holes" not "four holes"...

Fresh 2 Deff

Quote Originally Posted by DThayer36 View Post
    The Listening
    The Minstrel Show
    GetBack
    LeftBack

check those out. and if you be down with it, then check out -
    The Foreign Exchange - Connected
    The Foreign Exchange - Leave It All Behind ( different style you'll know what i mean when you listen )