Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: The odd news thread

--- A man beats up 78-Year-Old over a free Nutella waffle sample at Costco

Sunday shoppers got more than what they bargained for at a Burbank, Calif., Costco when a man attacked a 78-year-old over some delicious Nutella samples.

According to the L.A. Times, Derrick Gharabighi, 24, took the last of the Nutella waffle samples when the elderly man reached to get one, prompting the senior to call out Gharabighi for being a Nutella hog. Burbank police Sgt. Claudio Losacco said, “The victim told Mr. Gharabighi that he wanted a sample and he shouldn’t take so many.” Gharabighi, serious about his Nutella snacks and not keen on being scolded, punched the 78-year-old in his face. He had to be taken to the hospital after the punch left him with a 1-inch gash above his left eye.

The dude might've had an ill case of the munchies and just couldn't afford to not have all of the Nutella samples.

Gharabighi was arrested and is being held on $50,000 bail. He’s been charged with elder abuse and inflicting significant bodily harm on an elderly person. He could get up to 11 years in prison.

Default Man fired over excessive farting files lawsuit

Something smells off about this lawsuit.

The wife of a Trenton pork roll maker ex-employee is suing after the man was allegedly fired for farting too often. The lawsuit by Louann Clemm takes aim at Case Pork Roll Co, saying its president harassed her and her husband — who worked together — until he was fired and she was forced to quit.

According to the lawsuit, Richard Clem had been obese — 420 pounds — when he underwent gastric bypass surgery in 2010. “As a result of the surgery, Mr. Clem suffered side effects such as extreme gas and uncontrollable diarrhea,” it states. The symptoms got worse in 2013 and became a workplace disruption, according to the lawsuit. Case President Thomas Dolan even told Richard Clem he had to work from home, it states.

It says Dolan and the company’s owner, Thomas Greib, harassed Louann Clem, telling her “We have to do something about Rich,” and “We cannot run an office and have visitors with an odor in the office.” Richard Clem was terminated Feb. 28 of last year, the lawsuit states. It says Louann Clem quit the same day “because of the harassment and discrimination her husband faced as a result of his disability and the resulting symptoms.”

Representatives of the company could not yet be reached for comment.

The lawsuit is below:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/283457389/...r-farts-firing

http://nj1015.com/nj-man-was-fired-f...rk-roll-maker/

Terry Cloth Rudolph Joint Sky Blue Bally Kid's Avatar

When I'm writing in my room

It's like a child that's fighting in the womb

- KP -

Retired.

-

LOL@Check Two and Rev Jones hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

'

College Party Lost Funding Because Its ‘Mad Scientist’ Theme Was Too Offensive

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...ty-harvey-mudd

--- School district to pay $600,000 over death of teens who were hypnotized by principal

A school district in this Gulf Coast city has reached a settlement with the families of three students who died after being hypnotized by their principal.
    Two of the students committed suicide and a third died in a car accident after hypnotizing himself.

Investigators say principal George Kenney performed hypnosis on at least 75 students to help them with stress and concentration problems.

Kenney resigned as principal in 2012 and served a year of probation for unlawful practice of hypnosis.

The school district has agreed to pay the families $200,000 each.

http://fox2now.com/2015/10/07/school...-by-principal/

--- Everyone in China Is Wearing Plastic Plants on Their Heads and Nobody Knows Why

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/08/wo...out-plant.html

IronSheik

Default Man And Car Missing Since 2006 Found In Lake, Submerged Vehicle Visible On GoogleMaps

A man decorating a Christmas tree from atop a lift spotted an odd object in a nearby pond last week that looked to be a car. Later, WOOD-TV reports that his keen eye solved a missing person case that’s been on the books for nine years.

If you zoom in on the pond in the Google Maps image above from outside of a funeral home in Michigan, the vehicle is clearly visible. For whenever the Maps entry updates and the car is no longer there, here is a screenshot of it:

The man who first saw the car told WOOD-TV that no one could see it from the ground because of the water’s murkiness. Wrecking crews later came in to pull the muddy vehicle out of the pond, finding skeletal remains in the driver’s seat.

The family of the presumed driver of the vehicle, Davie Lee Niles, heard about the discovery via a news report and phone alert received by a family member. Her response was, “Hey mom, I think we better look at this.”

That alert came nearly after witnesses last saw Niles in public. From Fox 59:
    The 72-year-old [Niles] was last seen on Oct. 11, 2006 at Jake’s Bar in Bryon Township; a bar which Davie frequented often. Family members told WOOD-TV he met a friend there but left suddenly on the day he disappeared. It also wasn’t uncommon for Niles to just get up and leave because he was dealing with the discomfort caused by cancer along with depression.
    The car is under Niles’ name and authorities on the case found his wallet inside, but local police haven’t officially confirmed the identity of the body. They’re still waiting on dental records to identify it, but Fox 2 reports that the site of the wreck is about half of a mile from the spot he was last seen.
    As the search for Niles went on, his family held a funeral and published an obituary in 2011 stating, “Davie Lee Niles, age 72, of Wyoming, passed away and only God knows the time and place.”
    Years later, the family has some knowledge (and closure) too. One relative told WOOD-TV, “Why God waited nine years, I have no idea. But we’re happy.”

Once the autopsy on the body is complete and dental records return, the family plans to have a proper funeral for Niles.

Default Legendary blind gym teacher of 30 years fired over using listerine for minty breath

Also charged with sexual harassment for making a joke about if one of the women wanted to go out on a blind date with him?

Steven Sloan was a NYC coach hailed as a role model and a legend. However, the 60-year-old gym teacher may have lost his job over being attentive to his oral hygiene.

The blind gym coach, who had been born with macular degeneration, taught exercise and sports in the school system for 30 years with the help of an assistant. He had even carried the Olympic torch in 2006 in Italy. According to other teachers, Sloan would simply clear his throat and students snapped into line.

According to reports, it all began on October 30, 2014, when a parent who had been setting up for a party at PS 102 in Harlem complained that she smelled alcohol on Sloan’s breath. Sloan insisted it was the alcohol-based Listerine that he has favored for years. That parent dug through a trash basket in Sloan’s office, and she allegedly pulled out a styrofoam cup. A substance identified only as a “brown liquid” was reportedly detected in that cup. According to reports, she never saw Sloan drinking from that cup, but she accused him of drinking anyway.

Sloan adamantly denied anything of the sort, stating that whatever odor might have been on his breath came from the 26% alcohol content in the Listerine he’d used to rinse his mouth after a spicy lunch.

Despite his denial of the parent’s claims, the Department of Education charged Sloan with drinking on the job and sexual harassment. (The harassment charge was because Sloan reportedly asked a group of moms if any of them wanted to go out on a “blind date” — a joke based on his disability.)

In August of 2015, Sloan agreed to retire from his beloved job in a settlement with the Department of Education. His retirement agreement included the DOE dropping plans for formal hearings on the charges against him.

Sloan, however, was heartbroken about the matter, telling the NY Post he would rather retire than have a bad record. He also said, “They didn’t even let me go back to my school and say goodbye. I just want to let everybody know I did my job diligently, with all my heart and soul.”

http://crimefeed.com/2015/11/legenda...uth-listerine/

the disabled have a god given right to sizzurp

jokes aside, it's clear to me a lot of parents feel an urge to control certain situations where the law can help them (teachers supposedly drinking on the job) since they can't control situations they are personally responsible for (handling their children, handling their relationship or handling their job). it's a pathetic form of compensation
    Retired.

edit
    Last edited by communist cunt; 06-06-2016 at 08:31 AM.
    "I know that after my death a pile of rubbish
    will be heaped on my grave, but the wind of
    History will sooner or later sweep it away
    without mercy."
    - Iosif Vissarionovich Dzhugashvili

Quote Originally Posted by power to the people View Post
    cant help but luh dis life i live i came up in da skreets
    u luh dese skreets but dey weren't meant fo u to walk

Retired.

Black lives matter demands that white lives matter stickers be destroyed

http://college.usatoday.com/2015/11/...ing-on-campus/