Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: "Atheists have no morals, just look at Stalin & Hitler"

Default "Atheists have no morals, just look at Stalin & Hitler"

Has anybody else heard comments like this?
    Firstly, what religious propaganda convinced people that every mass-murderer of the 20th century was an atheists. No Question Stalin Was an atheists but Hitler wasn't, just another Christian hating the Jews. Either way it was still religious people doing their dirty work.

Secondly, even if all those mass-murderers are atheists it's still a hands full of them against practically every other mass-murder that has ever walked this earth.
    The Jews wiped out entire cultures, Christians at one point killed every non-christian in their community, the Muslim crusade took many lives as well and it's atheists with the bad morals because of 2 people.

"If You look at the World's history God seems to be the leading cause of death"
    Quote from Carlin I think.
    [/Rant]

hitler wasn't christian

Quote Originally Posted by TSA View Post
    hitler wasn't christian
    Christian/catholic whatever

...born of a future war Face of the Golden Falcon's Avatar

...funny how all your examples are all Abrahamic religions. So it's religions fault because of 3 religions?

HETEPU

Req Em Ab

Catholics are all pedophiles.

Just look at the Pope.

^nah, he grew to hate the christian faith in general, got into some pagan, black magic shit before it was all said and done.

Regardless, the reality is people with no morals have no morals and then everything gets compartmentalized from their because people like labels. Hypocrites labels themselves all kinds of shit which leads to negative connotations that have nothing to do with the wisdom tradition they claim (whichever one it happens to be)

Support the Real. Click HERE

Quote Originally Posted by Face of the Golden Falcon View Post
    ...funny how all your examples are all Abrahamic religions. So it's religions fault because of 3 religions?

HETEPU
    -I'm Most Familiar with These Religions
    -The islam alone has 1/4th of the world's population as followers, christians must atleast contribue 1/6th jews barely a promilage
    -The followers of these religions are most likely to say this (especially christians)

Quote Originally Posted by ikke View Post
    -The followers of these religions are most likely to say this (especially christians)
    I don't know what you meant by this. Say what?

HETEPU

Req Em Ab

Quote Originally Posted by Face of the Golden Falcon View Post
    I don't know what you meant by this. Say what?

HETEPU
    That atheists have no morals because they don't have 'insert holy book'

They bring up Hitler (who was in fact catholic) & Stalin because they did amazingly bad shit when in fact religious people seem to cause more death.

^
    ah ok...understood. Peace.

HETEPU

Req Em Ab

don't put hitler and stalin in the same pot

That atheists have no morals because they don't have 'insert holy book'

They bring up Hitler (who was in fact catholic) & Stalin because they did amazingly bad shit when in fact religious people seem to cause more death.
    raised catholic and considering yourself a catholic in adulthood are two different things. I'm pretty sure Hitler wasn't catholic in adulthood.

The vast majority of the world's people practice a religion in some form or another (or at least claim one) so while what you're saying here is true, the reality is its a numbers game.

People can be power-abusing assholes and can be so with or without religion. I think there's this tendency to blame it on religion (or the lack thereof for that matter) when the truth is that being a power-abusing asshole is a character flaw they just never chose to dealt with.

Support the Real. Click HERE

Quote Originally Posted by Visionz View Post
    raised catholic and considering yourself a catholic in adulthood are two different things. I'm pretty sure Hitler wasn't catholic in adulthood.

The vast majority of the world's people practice a religion in some form or another (or at least claim one) so while what you're saying here is true, the reality is its a numbers game.
    I know but Hitler was actually catholic, he said so in various speeches he gave.

Nearly all the atheists I've met have been raised judeo-christian.
    Even stalin was raised in the greek orthodox christianity

Quote Originally Posted by Visionz View Post
    People can be power-abusing assholes and can be so with or without religion. I think there's this tendency to blame it on religion (or the lack thereof for that matter) when the truth is that being a power-abusing asshole is a character flaw they just never chose to dealt with.
    This is exactly why I made the thread.
    Some Religious people actually seem to think that they did those things BECAUSE they were atheists

Some Religious people actually seem to think that they did those things BECAUSE they were atheists
    Right. Never mind the fact that more humans have been killed in the name of religion than for any other reason in the history of the human race.

THis is exactly What I mean:

***Then what about all those speeches where hitler says he's religious*** He would say anything to achieve his perverted agenda. More proof he was a devout atheist.