Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: "Atheists have no morals, just look at Stalin & Hitler"

...born of a future war Face of the Golden Falcon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shogah View Post
    that's irrelevant to this discussion.

Main point is that "most wars are a religion thing" is false. No doubt religion is a great factor of instability and disputes but, there are many great religious people through history, as much as atheists who who made great impact on civilization course.
    Irrelevant maybe but u asked the question and I gave an answer...

...I agree with everything u said in your last paragragh.

HETEPU

Req Em Ab

Quote Originally Posted by prof zooruka View Post
    athiests aggressivly want people to believe what they believe but christians only try to convince people to believe what they believe.
    I have never had an asshole come to my door, and ask me if I'm Atheist and try to give me information on Atheism. Oh but the Christians? They do it a couple of times a year. They always get the same response. "I don't know you, and I don't know what made you think it was okay to knock on my door. I don't believe in god or santa clause. Go away now." The funny thing is, the last time I used virtually that exact quote, and that asshole kept talking, and I actually had to slam the door in his face. What a dickfart!

Banned

Hitler was born Catholic, then became a Protestant, then kept going back and forth between the two. he was never an atheist

most religious wars and crusades have bneen because of the 3 abrahamic religions or they ahve been involved as one side in a fight.

that being said, religion at its roots is supposed to make people better, but most people dont even know what their religions about, they wear it as a crest of honor sort of like being white or being black and they kill in the name of it because they believe they are right. they defeat their own purpose, but most people will bash all religion due to this, ur not supposed to let man dictate what u do, so people like the fuckin pope and various muslim leaders have no right in dictating what is right for the followers of the respective religions that they "lead"

athiests are cool too, but most athiests ive met were like depressed and lost in life, not saying all of em are, just the ones that ive known. theirs nothing wrong with being athiest, if these people are happyu living that way then leave em, dont force ur beliefs on them if they dont need god thats them its all good, does it hurt someone that bad that they want to try to 'save' an athiest, or someone of a diff religion than them by killing them.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jasjit View Post
    most religious wars and crusades have bneen because of the 3 abrahamic religions or they ahve been involved as one side in a fight..
    Technically, their are no 3 Abrahamic religions, only one consistent message. Those religions were not what any of the prophets intended. The prophets were against religions, as religions are all about Idol worship and tithes. The true message of the prophets changed after they left.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasjit View Post
    but most athiests ive met were like depressed and lost in life, not saying all of em are, just the ones that ive known..
    Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Come Honor Face View Post
    I have never had an asshole come to my door, and ask me if I'm Atheist and try to give me information on Atheism. Oh but the Christians? They do it a couple of times a year. They always get the same response. "I don't know you, and I don't know what made you think it was okay to knock on my door. I don't believe in god or santa clause. Go away now." The funny thing is, the last time I used virtually that exact quote, and that asshole kept talking, and I actually had to slam the door in his face. What a dickfart!
    I agree athiests don`t come and knock on your door, but they have a far more sinister hidden agenda on a larger scale than door to door house knocking, and that is to infiltrate and indoctrinate the youth from within the educational institutes, such as schools and universities, aswell as through the ignorance of the public who believe everything the media tells them...... and they disguise there agenda in the guise of knowledge !!!!! so the unsuspecting public get duped into believing they are receiving the latest advances in human enlightenment, when they are really being told lies, to futher the athiests illuminati agenda.

wicked niggaz

peace be with you !
    Last edited by zooruka; 04-25-2010 at 02:04 AM.

I love the Victimisation mentality Christians always seem to have!

I agree athiests don`t come and knock on your door, but they have a far more sinister hidden agenda on a larger scale than door to door house knocking, and that is to infiltrate and indoctrinate the youth from within the educational institutes, such as schools and universities, aswell as through the ignorance of the public who believe everything the media tells them...... and they disguise there agenda in the guise of knowledge !!!!! so the unsuspecting public get duped into believing they are receiving the latest advances in human enlightenment, when they are really being told lies, to futher the athiests illuminati agenda.

wicked niggaz

peace be with you !
    that's a helluva theory you've got going here. Care to back that up with even an inkling of fact?

To say "Atheist Illuminati" is some funny shit. Masons and Illuminati go hand in hand. Do you consider Masons atheist as well?

Support the Real. Click HERE

The doctrine of christianity does not promote hostility in any form, but the doctrine of atheism promotes vigerous hostility, really atheists are like gays they hate when someone tells them there life style is wrong and claim prejudice but gays like athiests use any chance, any chance they get to force there opinion on someone.

Yes the church does try and spread the gospel of christ because that is the command christ himself gave for us to do...but remember christians and the doctrine of christianity does not force anyone to be christian (despite what so called fake christians did in the past) or believe in God ...I think you mistaking proclomation of the gospel as some sort of policy of forced converstion when in fact it`s far from that....but athiests agressively try to force there belief on society, whether that be flat out denial of God`s existance or the more subtle approch of vocally spouting the doctrine of evoloution....

I think this statement basically sums up mu point of veiw on the argument:

athiests aggressivly want people to believe what they believe but christians only try to convince people to believe what they believe.

peace be with you !
    atheist have no doctrine, you're not being honest with yourself to suggest otherwise.

I see you mention evolution but do you realize that Darwin himself grew up religious and certainly hadn't abandoned the belief in God by the time of his death? How is the theory of evolution atheistic in nature?

And while you're at it, would you mind telling me what your body currently does with it's appendix?

And what's not aggressive about going door to door to tell complete strangers that they should share in their beliefs or suffer eternal damnation for choosing a different path?

It's a lot of questions I know but please respond to them all. Thanks

Support the Real. Click HERE

Quote Originally Posted by Shogah View Post
    that's irrelevant to this discussion.

Main point is that "most wars are a religion thing" is false. No doubt religion is a great factor of instability and disputes but, there are many great religious people through history, as much as atheists who who made great impact on civilization course.
    Yes that's false. The Rant was about people saying that Stalin for example did those things because he was an atheist and 'had no morals' but when you look at History you see that religious people have done the same.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBoarzHeadBoy View Post
    I think Atheism is arrogant, but not evil. But no more arrogant then to be totally certain.

Look no one is certain of God. If you're certain of a God then you're being arrogant. You are deluding yourself. If you are certain of no God then you're being arrogant. You are also deluding yourself.

They're both very bold claims to state. You may think God is unlikely or likely, but it's arrogant, almost hubris to claim to know for sure.
    Atheists dismiss God because it's so unlikely, if SOLID evidence showed up favouring a God, Atheists would turn agnostic.

Quote Originally Posted by FMJ View Post
    There is no such thing as a muslim crusade. The crusades where when the christians decided to go to war with non-christians. The muslims who fought against them did so in self defense.

As for war in general, it has been going on for thousands of years.
    Ever took a history course?
    I meant when the muslims tried to take over the world by force.

Quote Originally Posted by ikke View Post
    I meant when the muslims tried to take over the world by force.
    The main grudge lies in the fact it's NOT EUROPEANS trying to take over the world.

The Roman empire, Napoleon, Crusaders etc are always potrayed in a noble light.

While the Mongols, Turks, Arabs, Persians etc are always some sort of savage horde that are "against humanity".

Quote Originally Posted by Living-jism View Post
    The main grudge lies in the fact it's NOT EUROPEANS trying to take over the world.

The Roman empire, Napoleon, Crusaders etc are always potrayed in a noble light.

While the Mongols, Turks, Arabs, Persians etc are always some sort of savage horde that are "against humanity".
    Cool Story bro

That's because the Romans honestly felt like they were doing people a favor by bringing them into their Culture. Same with England later on. It's arrogant and intolerant but to an extent it's with good intentions.

Napoleon was protecting the interests of his country. He didn't start the Napoleonic Wars. France became free of tyranny, and all the European monarchs tried to put out the fire of the revolution by attacking France. Napoleon simply was defending France and all he did was force the aggressors into peace agreements. He then launched a mission into the Middle East because France and England were old enemies who competed over such things. England had the better Navy, so Napoleon thought he should cut off the Suez to maintain a balance of power. He returns when he realizes the diseases his men were infected with would wipe them out given enough time. When he returns he finds France bankrupt, an unpopular and ineffective directory (congress) in charge, and they murmur about his "desertion" of France. It is out of patriotism and just as much self interest he and his most trusted men took positions of authority. He only became Emperor out of fear that he would be killed, and the Monarchists would try to retake France and the experiment that was Democracy would fail. He felt it was better to set it up so that his chosen man would be his heir to power and that although Democracy might be compromised the Liberties that created the Republic would be protected. From there he just road out the storm. When he was put into exile a King from the old bloodlines was restored and he was a crappy and unpopular leader. Napoleon had been right.

The 1st Crusade was a poorly thought out attempt at stopping violence in Europe by making it happen somewhere else. Then when it went to hell it became a Vendetta that lasted for centuries.

The Mongols were unsophisticated barbarians who drank fermented milk and raped and pillaged until they took over China, adopted Chinese customs, and became in effect Chinese. Genghis was a son of a bitch. Kublai was a benevolent dictator with plans for world conquest. The former is meh. The latter is better.

The Turks were just like the Mongols until they became Ottomans and developed a culture that was civilized. They eventually became the successors to the Roman-Greek Eastern Empire after they took it over. After that no one was too worried about them. It was when they were expanding the west wasn't sure what to think of them.

Arabs have always been respected until recently in history. No one was afraid of the Arabs. The Saracens were our enemies during the crusades, but realistically we just didn't like the for cultural differences. We respected them.

Same with Persia in the Hellenic period onwards. The Greeks demonized them because they were the huge empire that wanted to swallow them up and we base our history on the Greeks because they won out. It's only in modern times that Iran and the West have had real troubles. And they started that by taking Americans hostages.
    HANKERING FOR SOME BEEF CURTAINS

...born of a future war Face of the Golden Falcon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheBoarzHeadBoy View Post
    That's because the Romans honestly felt like they were doing people a favor by bringing them into their Culture. Same with England later on. It's arrogant and intolerant but to an extent it's with good intentions.
    "Honestly felt like they were doing people a favor"?..."to an extent it's with good intentions"?!?!

What a cop out.

Req Em Ab

TheBoarzHeadBoy, Napoleon wasn't fighting for the ideas of the Revolution, he was fighting for himself. Sure he fought against the monarchists, but he also fought the Jacobites, who were the ones who instaured democracy in the first place. He rigged the votes so that it would seem like the French people wanted him leading the country.

On topic, I find atheists to be more tolerant than religious people, and I don't think they seem lost in life, quite the opposite. Some people however, need religion to set boundaries, so that their life is organized. Its good, if believing in Allah or Jesus can make you a better man, Im all for it.