Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Matthew 15:24 (question for the christians)

Guardian of the 1st house Hellspawn's Avatar

Default Matthew 15:24 (question for the christians)

New International Version (©1984)
    He answered, "I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel."

New Living Translation (©2007)
    Then Jesus said to the woman, "I was sent only to help God's lost sheep--the people of Israel."

English Standard Version (©2001)
    He answered, “I was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
    But He answered and said, "I was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel."

International Standard Version (©2008)
    But he replied, "I was sent only to the lost sheep of the nation of Israel."

GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)
    Jesus responded, "I was sent only to the lost sheep of the nation of Israel."

King James Bible
    But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

American King James Version
    But he answered and said, I am not sent but to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

American Standard Version
    But he answered and said, I was not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Bible in Basic English
    But he made answer and said, I was sent only to the wandering sheep of the house of Israel.

Douay-Rheims Bible
    And he answering, said: I was not sent but to the sheep that are lost of the house of Israel.

Darby Bible Translation
    But he answering said, I have not been sent save to the lost sheep of Israel's house.

English Revised Version
    But he answered and said, I was not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Webster's Bible Translation
    But he answered and said, I am not sent but to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Weymouth New Testament
    "I have only been sent to the lost sheep of the house of Israel," He replied.

World English Bible
    But he answered, "I wasn't sent to anyone but the lost sheep of the house of Israel."

Young's Literal Translation
    and he answering said, 'I was not sent except to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.'

So I was wondering, if Jesus was sent only to save the house of Israel, who's gon save the rest of the humanity ?

the only one who can, ourselves (though I'd say I'm only christian-influenced and not christian)

Support the Real. Click HERE

When Jesus said he was sent only to the lost sheep of israel, he didn`t mean his teachings where for the jews only , he meant he was sent only to do his works and miracles for the jews, because the jews where the only ones until that point who where following God, and awaiting the messiah !!!!!...I mean think about it if all humanity was in need of saving and Jesus came down from heaven today and started to first help the people who didn`t believe or give a rats about him or God, instead of the ones who do ???? how would that be fair ?????...It wouldn`t !!!!!

No God wanted the jews to receive the promise of God first and to help them first to reward them for their loyalty, then through the jewish disciples of jesus the rest of humanity would be helped, so in this way all will know that its is from the jews that salvation of mankind comes, so as to bring them honor on earth for there service and loyalty to God when the rest of the world was practicing evil...

also this passage you posted shows God is a loving God because Jesus still helped the women who was not a jew.

peace be with you !
    Last edited by zooruka; 04-27-2010 at 07:26 PM.

first, if Jesus came down tomorrow as a regular human, ruka wouldn't recognize him and might even try to convert him. Second he, ruka, fundamentally lacks the actual essence of what he was about. He wouldn't go to the people that needed him the least, he'd go to those that needed him most.

The Smell of The Future LORD NOSE's Avatar

23Jesus did not answer a word. So his disciples came to him and urged him, "Send her away, for she keeps crying out after us."
    24He answered, "I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel."
    25The woman came and knelt before him. "Lord, help me!" she said.
    26He replied, "It is not right to take the children's bread and toss it to their dogs."
    27"Yes, Lord," she said, "but even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from their masters' table."

Dam - he called her and her people, dogs

Quote Originally Posted by prof zooruka View Post

No God wanted the jews to receive the promise of God first and to help them first to reward them for their loyalty, then through the jewish disciples of jesus the rest of humanity would be helped, so in this way all will know that its is from the jews that salvation of mankind comes, so as to bring them honor on earth for there service and loyalty to God when the rest of the world was practicing evil...

also this passage you posted shows God is a loving God because Jesus still helped the women who was not a jew.

peace be with you !

look at humanity NOW !

did it work ?

"Two people return to their long neglected garden and find, among the weeds, that a few of the old plants are surprisingly vigorous. One says to the other, 'It must be that a gardener has been coming and doing something about these weeds.' The other disagrees and an argument ensues. They pitch their tents and set a watch. No gardener is ever seen. The believer wonders if there is an invisible gardener, so they patrol with bloodhounds but the bloodhounds never give a cry. Yet the believer remains unconvinced, and insists that the gardener is invisible, has no scent and gives no sound. The sceptic doesn't agree, and asks how a so-called invisible, intangible, elusive gardener differs from an imaginary gardener, or even no gardener at all." - John Wisdom

Ruka, please read the full version of John Wisdoms - Parable of the Invisible Gardner - with an open mind, if you dont understand i will gladly assist in deciphering the meaning for you

The Smell of The Future LORD NOSE's Avatar

"that was just a black woman"

some one told me that when i pointed out this scripture to them

Dinosaur Hunter Slippy The Pimp's Avatar

When Jesus said he was sent only to the lost sheep of israel, he didn`t mean his teachings where for the jews only , he meant he was sent only to do his works and miracles for the jews, because the jews where the only ones until that point who where following God, and awaiting the messiah !!!!!...I mean think about it if all humanity was in need of saving and Jesus came down from heaven today and started to first help the people who didn`t believe or give a rats about him or God, instead of the ones who do ???? how would that be fair ?????...It wouldn`t !!!!!

peace be with you !
    So all those other people that worshiped god around the world......what were they?

Quote Originally Posted by WARPATH View Post
    So all those other people that worshiped god around the world......what were they?
    They were not woshipping God they where worshiping demons....all religions in that time and many of thousands of years before where all idol based and the bible says that behind the idols of there beliefs where demons

1 corinthians 10:20

No, but the sacrifices of pagans (anyone who is not jewish) are offered to demons, not to God, and I do not want you to be participants with demons.

peace be with you !

They were not woshipping God they where worshiping demons....all religions in that time and many of thousands of years before where all idol based and the bible says that behind the idols of there beliefs where demons

1 corinthians 10:20

No, but the sacrifices of pagans (anyone who is not jewish) are offered to demons, not to God, and I do not want you to be participants with demons.

peace be with you !
    you have no idea wtf you're talking about. I'm not saying there wasn't SOME idol worship going on but to think and then proclaim that was the only thing happening before judaism is unequivocally incorrect.

Here's something you have a hard time wrapping your head around but as a person if in your own mind you are paying homage to THE Source of ALL LIFE and the Source of ALL CREATION, then you are in fact praying and respecting the ONE TRUE GOD. There is ONLY ONE worthy of the title. Jews don't have a monopoly on that train of thought and the thought was arrived to independently among many cultures across the world.

You don't agree and I don't care. The truth is its own defense.

Its funny you should bring up Idol-worship though.

i·dol

 /ˈaɪdl/ Show Spelled[ahyd-l] Show IPA
    –noun1.an image or other material object representing a deity to which religious worship is addressed.
    2.Bible. a.an image of a deity other than god.
    b.the deity itself.

3.any person or thing regarded with blind admiration, adoration, or devotion: Madame Curie had been her childhood idol.
    4.a mere image or semblance of something, visible but without substance, as a phantom.
    5.a figment of the mind; fantasy.
    6.a false conception or notion; fallacy.

Now go head and make up a bunch of hair-splitting excuses for all this idolatry I have brought before you..........and be full of shit as you do it. You're no better than the ones you condemn.

Matthew 6:5 – "And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.
    Last edited by Visionz; 04-29-2010 at 05:50 AM.

21 Well, on leaving that place, Jesus next traveled up into areas of Tyre and Sidon. 22 And {Look!} a Phoenician woman who was there, came and started shouting, ‘Have mercy on me Lord, O Son of David, for my daughter is badly demonized.’
    23 However, [Jesus] wouldn’t answer her. Then his disciples asked him to [do something for her], because ‘she keeps following us and shouting at us.’
    24 And he answered, ‘I wasn’t sent to [help] any of those, other than just the lost sheep of the house of IsraEl.’
    25 But when the woman came closer, she bowed low to [Jesus] and begged him, ‘Lord, help me!’
    26 So he said to her, ‘It isn’t right to take the children’s bread and throw it to the puppies.’
    27 But she replied, ‘Yes Lord; But aren’t puppies allowed to eat crumbs that fall from the tables of their masters?’
    28 Then Jesus answered, ‘O woman, you have a lot of faith. May it be as you wish.’ And her daughter was healed from that hour on.

The text here is clear that Jesus was sent to minister to the children of Israel. He in fact affirmed this on other occasions as well when he sent out his disciples and instructed them to only go beyond the cities of Israel. His good message (the gospel), even according to Paul as recorded in Romans 1:16 was to begin with the Jews 1st, THEN the nations.

Romans 1:16
    I’m not ashamed of the good news, because it’s the power that God uses to save everyone who has faith… first the Jew, and then the Greek
    1 Cor 101
    Now, I don’t want you to miss this point, brothers: All of our ancestors were under the cloud and they all passed through the sea, 2 so they were all baptized into Moses (because of the cloud and the sea). 3 All ate the same food from [God’s] Breath, 4 and they all drank the same drink from [God’s] Breath, because they used to drink from the rock (of [God’s] Breath) that followed them… and that rock was the Anointed One. 5 However, God didn’t think much of most of [these ancestors], because he cut them down in the desert.
    6 Now, these things are examples to us, so we won’t become people who desire bad things, as they did… 7 we don’t want to become idol worshipers, as some of them did!
    And it is written: ‘The people sat down to eat and drink, and then they got up to play.’ 8 So, we shouldn’t commit sexual immorality as some of them did, because twenty-three thousand of them fell in one day! 9 Nor do we want to put Jehovah to the test as some of them did, because they were destroyed by snakes! 10 Nor do we want to complain as some of them did, because they were killed by the destroyer! 11 Now, these things that happened to them are examples, and they were written as a warning to us upon whom the end of the age has arrived. 12 So, let the one who thinks he’s standing be careful that he doesn’t fall.
    There was no Israel in the first century, just Judea. The other 10 tribes had not returned from Assyria and were "lost", hence wht the term used was the lost sheep. These were the ones that Jesus sent the disciples to look for.

Luke 15

28 “The older brother became angry and refused to go in. So his father went out and pleaded with him. 29 But he answered his father, ‘Look! All these years I’ve been slaving for you and never disobeyed your orders. Yet you never gave me even a young goat so I could celebrate with my friends. 30 But when this son of yours who has squandered your property with prostitutes comes home, you kill the fattened calf for him!’

31 “‘My son,’ the father said, ‘you are always with me, and everything I have is yours. 32 But we had to celebrate and be glad, because this brother of yours was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found.’”

The Judeans, Galileans, some Samaritans, and Hellenists of the 1st century were all Israelites. The kingdom of Israel which had been scattered after the captivity truly was no longer in tact, but even the Jews (Judeans) were Israelites.

Who was the new covenant made with ?

Hebrews 8

8For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:

9Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.

10For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

11And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

12For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

13In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

Thats why Jesus sent the disciples to look for the lost sheep of the House of Israel, and thats what they did. Follow the disciples journeys and thats where the lost sheep were 2000 years ago.

After the split of Israel and Judah around 917 BC, the two houses were considered as seperate entities, the House of Israel and the House of Judah. There are different prophecies regarding each House. Failure to recognise this will mean that you won't really understand a lot of prophecy.

It's so simple. Why make it complicated. The Hebrew/Jewish culture was created as the God designated portal through which God spoke and promised a Messiah. Jesus came and is the Messiah. When Jesus came in the flesh, He came to the culture that had been prepared explicitly for Him. Like a diamond needs a setting. But God is the creator of ALL humans,.... and Jesus has ALL POWER in heaven and earth. And the message of salvation in Jesus has been made known to the whole world. "Whosoever calls on Jesus will be saved" WHOSOEVER MEANS WHOSOEVER. "For God so loved the WORLD ....." In the flesh Jesus came to the nation/culture prepared for Messiah [though OT scripture predicted the Jewish leadership would "stumble over the stumbling stone" which it did]. But the message of salvation is for WHOSOEVER all over the world.

this one s two easy... i'll pass
    went to the woods, spent time alone, meditated under a waterfall climb to the highest peak of the mountain; now I'm back, enlightened, fully trained, to be the greatest Jackass the Corp has ever seen. all hail Me, you fucking Skruds.

if he came to the ones that were prepared for him, then did that preparation include killing him too?