Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: The Pixies are quite possibly the best band ever

Yeah your right.

They did incorporate some electronic effects during the JD days, but they did drastically change direction in almost every sense, from a finnacial perspective to a musical perspective, they diden't give a fuck about the JD diehards.

The diehards think that NO rose to fame off Curtis death i think, that the death was a platform on which they could achieve an instant measure of notority and fame.

However i believe that they just wanted to carry on making music, and i remember an interview with them they were talking about visiting a club and wanting their music to be played in places like this, and fair enough i understand that, people appreciate music porberly the most in a club during a drug induced state.
    Bank heist in Kathmandu, it was a slaughter
    The day Buddha was born it rained tea instead of water

NO did hardly any interviews for years after Curtis died for that very reason, they didn't want to use his death as some kind of platform for New Order.

I still can't imagine someone liking Joy Division and not New Order, seems like it would be less about the music and more about their own personal homonotions of 'integrity'.

Yeah it's got nothing to do with the music, just silly dickriders really.

I think Sumner knew JD was lacking something, i mean don't get me wrong it was a great outfit, an amazing band, but there was a certain hollowness in JD that Sumner wanted to change, in fact that hollowness wast just proberly a reflection of Curtis's mindset at the time.

I personally listen to NO more then JD these days firstly because i rinsed out their albums and secondly because overall NO are better, in terms of the replay factor, you can bang their albums out over and over again, with JD however you have to be in a certain mood.
    Bank heist in Kathmandu, it was a slaughter
    The day Buddha was born it rained tea instead of water

The Thrill of It All spammy sosa's Avatar

1. pixies
    2. sonic youth
    3. nirvana

that's the order of the greatest bands of all time