Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ****The Preview - Mouse - Free Download****

student of the culture White_Mouse's Avatar

^ cool dude I'll peep it, respect Sinapse, this tape has a different flavor and it is my transition tape into something different then anything else, but I def have respect for honest opinions props
    My Musik @
    www.myspace.com/mousetheprodigy
    grace&piece

Quote Originally Posted by White_Mouse View Post
    word up man, that's what this project is going to take is everyone pitching in to help promote it, and I feel like this is it, this is the shot I've been working toward
    I don't know if anyone else saw this but the vid for California Soul is up on youtube

and although it's a little rickety I think it's what the song needs, help me out yall lol, I can only do so much haha
    also set up an official blog for more purposes http://fansmakemefamous.blogspot.com/
    peep the new video I made for "Keep It Moving" lol like 4 styles

check out the whole channel
    http://www.youtube.com/user/MouseTheProdigy1
    looks mad diff right now but It feels really right

yeah man , drop more vids. I know you comin with em.

^ cool dude I'll peep it, respect Sinapse, this tape has a different flavor and it is my transition tape into something different then anything else, but I def have respect for honest opinions props
    No doubt, and I have no problem with different flavors. I have a diverse taste in Hip Hop and all music for that matter...my problem with the project was execution and polishing...I like your care free flow and subject matter, but imo you get loose and disconnected from the beat a lot, if you tightened that and your delivery up a bit more (I don't mean be raw or something, I just mean do what you do more sharp and precisely), and recorded somewhere with better quality/mixing this would have been a much better listen. Whatever blah blah just clarifying it's not a matter of your vibes and shit, I like where you are going it suits your personality.

I will say that sometimes I wonder if you are counting out the 16 bars or whatever.When Im hearing these songs off the preview. Like the first track . there were some times during audience approval and Paradise lost that I was wondering how you structured those verses. But I dont really dwell on that too much vs how much I enjoy this listen.I mean I know its just me , like this just happens to strike my taste. I know not everybody is into the same shit so Im not really looking down on anybody that isnt feeling this album.

for some reason I just got your back on this album Mouse.shit is fire to me.

If you want RAW honesty , Long time ago I really didnt care for your raps cuz I felt like you sounded like EM too much.then you articulated your words to death.the S's and shit.I understand what you were going through though and you are mad young so like I said -

I got your back homie.

WHAT THA fuCK is up with your OUTRO tho.Its starting to make me wanna ask.

DLing right now
    Ozmosis X Big Pun: The Punisher

[+]Facebook [+]Bandcamp [+]SoundCloud [+]Tumblr

rep^ ( I OU) I went to rep and IM out of reps for today.Ill get you tho.

yeah MF im reppin my niggas thats coming way ORIGINAL. fuck a hater

"The Exodus" technically isn't the outro, the last track is really "Cali Soul", me and my friends were building in the bomb shelter and then my man Wes was just talking about sometime he had a gun pulled on him and the mic was on recording this shit with "Everybody hates Chris" playing in background, it was a damn good story and it was just about the kind of shit we kids get into in high school, and that's what this was a departure from high school, so I dug the story and it just felt right to put on the tape
    My Musik @
    grace&piece

damn man u get better each release you drop cail soul and misses hangover are my favs so far
    Ozmosis X Big Pun: The Punisher

[+]Facebook [+]Bandcamp [+]SoundCloud [+]Tumblr

"The Exodus" technically isn't the outro, the last track is really "Cali Soul", me and my friends were building in the bomb shelter and then my man Wes was just talking about sometime he had a gun pulled on him and the mic was on recording this shit with "Everybody hates Chris" playing in background, it was a damn good story and it was just about the kind of shit we kids get into in high school, and that's what this was a departure from high school, so I dug the story and it just felt right to put on the tape
    thas whasss good

Imma peep this joint in a min, get at me fam!!

no doubt man thanks for checking the tape
    My Musik @
    grace&piece

bump
    My Musik @
    grace&piece

two more new "videos" for the youtube channel

the sound quality went down a little but I think the trax are still very listenable, also the reason why "Urban Sprawlin" is a reply is because there was this kid on the net that did a "beat poem" and because he's involved with the atheistic community I've been following for a minute I thought they'd be nerdy enough to dig into the lyrics, which you don't have to do, the most important thing here is the drums, bass and flow

be back with more soon
    grace&piece fam
    Last edited by White_Mouse; 05-13-2010 at 03:43 AM.
    My Musik @
    grace&piece

i been listening to this quite often

and i must say its pretty dope, its not my typical style of hip hop, i mean the style that id pick up and vibe to everyday but i been listening

its definitely a bite different Mouse then what i remember but thats the evolution of all artists in music. the lyrics have always been a strong point with you Mouse, and the free flow style is dope but in my opinion you should try to tighten it up a little. i aint sayin it wack, but i think if you just tighten it a little it will appeal to a larger audience of people. but this is definitely a step in the direction of forming your own niche to fill. Mix wise, its always going to be a process of gettin a good mixing job, it takes a lot of time but it helps more then known, it just adds a polished sound to the whole song, my tips are compression, reverb and layers.......... anything else i got no clue lol.

Prime, big ups on the boards fam. this is definitely a good catalogue of beats from you, still got that jazzy style going and this tape is a good showcase of your and Mouse's talents. Both yall blend the flavours well. Im saying tho, wheres my beats at Prime? lol im playin, but on the real, dope work on the beats Prime, stay up!

theres my 2 cents, hope its worth something. overall im seeing lots of improvement from both camps, and the more you put out the more you gonna hone those skills in.

PEACE