• Good

1 2.78%
  • Mediocre

1 2.78%
  • Whack

1 2.78%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NaS & Damian Marley - Distant Relatives

Classic is an over-used term and I really think the only way to know for sure is the test of time. With that being said, there isn't a skippable track on the entire album. Incredibly strong vibe throughout. No one takes a verse off and the instrumentals are incredible. A tremendous amount of atmosphere and feeling on every track and the cohesion between Damian and Nas is effortless like they've been working together their entire lives. Is it classic? who knows, but its got all the makings of a piece of work that I'll personally be listening to a very long time from now.

Support the Real. Click HERE

just copped it today.
    5/5

Quote Originally Posted by 11th Chamber View Post
    I dont wanna be THAT GUY, but I think people are overrating this a little hard
    All I'm saying is that it's cool to say that, but what album do you think was better than this that came out in 2010? Bare in mind, this year so far certainly hasn't lacked quality releases. But even many of those lack that "special" factor that this album has.

"The day Buddha was born it rained tea instead of water" - Warcloud

Quote Originally Posted by hide1998 View Post
    All I'm saying is that it's cool to say that, but what album do you think was better than this that came out in 2010? Bare in mind, this year so far certainly hasn't lacked quality releases. But even many of those lack that "special" factor that this album has.
    gotta agree with this, I bought the new Reflection Eternal on the same day (Tuesday) and didn't even bother playing it till this morning on the ride to work.

Support the Real. Click HERE

This album was long overdue. I wanted to hear this since Road to Zion. Definitely top 5 releases of '10.

So many bodies on my microphone the shit's haunted

wow this album is growing with every listen, as Angry said this is truly world music. every man and woman who isn't brain-dead should be able to relate and enjoy this peice of art. Nas and Damian display a great chemistry together on this and both play their parts real well, i haven't heard too much Damian before but Nas is truly in his element here. sounding more inspired than he's done in a long time and every verse stands out imo. to me Nas is the greatest of all time and the variety in his discography, this album included, is further proof of that.

The Marley brothers production on here is very strong, live instrumentation with heavy reagge vibes brings it back to the day of Bob almost. his spirit definitely blessed this project if you ask me!

it's too early to throw out a rating imo, but no less than 4/5 for this.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

i haven't even heard a single off this yet. You guys got me excited. I might stop off at best buy on the way home from work and scoop this. p.e.a.c.e.

Still haven't picked it up, but dig the few tracks i've heard.

How's this selling?

^ the numbers are usually available on wednesdays so we'll see, hopefully it does good.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

This is an amazing cd....smh at the person who rated this as whack!!
    A million strands of spider webs weaved to make my vest
    Chi energy compacted deep within my inner chest
    One touch of my eagle claw clutch, rips your guts, brass head kill you fast with rapid head buts, ninja spying, the ammo flying, the steel iron blow a nigga neck from his head like dandelions

SHAKA ZULU BOBO SHANTI NYABINGHI MAN A MAU MAU WARRIOR

im loving this album.
    We do it for the people.

Im loving this album too.

I heard all the praise it got and im usually dissaponited with albums that are universally praised by everyone on there release, but not this.

I thought as well that Damien Marley would annoy me (as i dont listen to much reggae) and id want Nas on it more, but how fuckin wrong i was.

Beats are fuckin incredible, bout time Nas spat over some dope beats.

Only track thats a bit gay is "My Generation". Just a little too cheesy with the kids singin the hook and Joss Stone crooning over them. I know what they were trying to do and it isnt a bad song, just a little too cheesy.

i banged it once again front-to-back today and this shit amazes me how dope it is. i'ma go ahead and rate it a 9/10, everything on here is dope. the weakest link to me is "Tribal War" and even that has great lyrics and a decent beat, the rest works to great extent. you get the feeling Nas and Damian has been writing music together since they were kids lol. i wonder how CharlesJones will feel about the album tho lmao ("it has good lyrics but i can't stand it because of the beats")

top 3 album of the year imo

the other two being Wu-Massacre and Dinner and a movie by Brotha Lynch Hung

my favourite tracks are: As we enter, Count your blessings, in his own words and patience

album is fucking brilliant!

I haven't heard but one track on the album, I'll tell you this though, I'm glad to hear all this positive feedback. I'm definitely gettin' this one.
    "Die before you die."-Prophet Muhammad (Pbuh)