Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: VOTES NEEDED Valkis Vs Dusk

My vote goes to Dusk. Better lyrical content, and better flow.
    "FEED YOUR MIND"

So, lyrical content is going above punchlines on this site? Wow, thats some super rap battling.

used to be the opposite

i didnt really catch a knockout blow from either of ya.. overall, i thought it was decent lines from both but lackin word play 'n hard hits. However, dusk's flow was murda.. leagues above the other dude

vote dusk

thx bro, good to see a vet in here votin

IT SHOULD BE THE OPPOSITE! Itt's a rap battle. Punchlines win battles. lol next person to vote I was an explination of my lines, I swear I must be going over heads because I never usually have to be 'that annoying guy' who loses and complained because its never an issue. Explain my lines people, if you can.

it shouldnt be the opposite, maybe nowadays snot nosed little punks who battle are enslaved by the concept of punchlines only battles, but ur on a forum with cats from the old guard..who value other things aswell. this aint smack, son..eloels.

valkis gotta point.. how can it be a battle w/o punches? we got the temple for all that other shit.. this is the field yo.. you dont step in the ring w/o gloves.. save all that deep lyrical shit for lp's.. this is suppose to be about disses, jokes, metas.. not 50 dollar words n bs rhyme schemes.. everyone focus' so hard on multis 'n shit these days its become monotonous, predictable crap.. fuck all that shit.. im over it.. everyone got the same style these days

theres no way ur serious...

im advocating ballance, not one thing more than the other..but nowadays its ONLY punchlines..nothing else, THAT is monotonous and and predictable crap.

obviously you've never battled on stage, i understand this is text so complexity is valued more here than vocally cuz mufuckaz got the time to read thru it n break the shit down.. but if you on stage its strictly shock value.. whatever captures the crowd.. 'n it aint solid writing mechanics that does this.. its solid punchlines. I aint tryna say dont use multies or dumb your shit down.. im jus sayin that these days people focus so much on that shit that it's taken away from what a battle is all about.. there are some that can ballance the two, a small handfull on this site.. but 9 outta ten mufuckas find themselves using lines or words just becuz they rhyme or fit the scheme they're usin.. this takes away from whats bein said by restricting the way your able to convey your thoughts lyrically.. thats why half the battles on this site got a couple decent lines and the rest is a bunch of bullshit filler.. thats also why the battlefield fell the fuck off.. i remember back in the day there would be 5 battles goin at a time.. voting was done in a day.. someone was postin every minute... but like i said, everyone has strayed away from what battles are all about and adopted the same style as the next mufucka.. if you dont want to use punches then set up topic battles.. ive never seen two mufuckas get on stage n hav a god damn vocab contest.. or stand up there seein who can rhyme the most words in the most complex way.. not to take away from that cuz i write like that too.. long before 90% of the posters here.. but too many heads is lettin that take away from basic battle fundamentals.. no wonder this section sucks now.. y yall think all the old heads bounced 'n the new heads never stick around.. dont get me wrong, there's alot of iLL writers on this site, i aint takin nothin away from anyones skills here.. im jus sayin that at LEAST half the verses i see in here belong in the fuckin temple

obviously u have no idea what ive done becaus ei have battled on stage, in streets, in schools, etc..and i kno how it goes down, but i was also taught by the old school battlers, the REAL battlers, and punchlines arent nearly as important as other things..and ur obviously takin this punchline shit to heart...im saying their should be a balance, i never said nothin bout vocab, i mean flow, personals...etc.

i aint singling you out man, or tryna say all that other shit aint important.. you know how i write man, im one of the mufuckaz you learned from.. im jus sayin that punches should be the main focus of battles.. all that other shit is secondary

eloels, i should say that shit about me learning from u is ridiculous but ur not entirely wrong, but the cats i learned from i learned from in person, taught me how to freestyle and what not.

i vote for kingshyt, he came with the harder penis

^haha.. fo real holmes, i wuz hard dickin... i re-read that shit it came off straight boner yo..ha, i aint as angry as it sounds tho... 'n really my points good but i aint mean to be up in dusks ass like that.. i guess im jus more disapointed in the way the site fell off more than anything... i kno yalls with me there