Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Deltron 3030 or Madvillany??

I think people who just REALLY starting getting into hip-hop in the last few years are more likely to roll with Madvillainy. But older heads are more likely to side with Deltron. Either way, both are among of the best of the genre.

Furthermore, anyone who thinks either MC is wack or only has 1 good/great album lacks something in their hip-hop appreciation.

"Deltron is Del's only great album" <----- Comments like that make me think you JUST got into hip-hop yesterday. Del's first 2 albums,for example, are universally loved among hip-hop heads. Don't even get me started with the Hiero collective things Del contributed to.

"The day Buddha was born it rained tea instead of water" - Warcloud

I Wish My Brother George Was Here and No Need For Alarm are good albums but I really don't like the production that much on either. The beats alone hold it back from being a great album imo. Deltron 3030, on the other hand, is immaculately produced, one of the best produced hip-hop albums ever. Nothing in Del's catalouge is close to that album.
    Love thy neighbor

DuncanHine Monument Cakes CEITEDMOFO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hide1998 View Post
    I think people who just REALLY starting getting into hip-hop in the last few years are more likely to roll with Madvillainy. But older heads are more likely to side with Deltron.
    NO WAY , EASTCOAST RAP>>.WESTCOAST RAP END OF STORY FuCKBOY

Bay area rappers are the worst

Quote Originally Posted by Luz View Post
    I Wish My Brother George Was Here and No Need For Alarm are good albums but I really don't like the production that much on either. The beats alone hold it back from being a great album imo. Deltron 3030, on the other hand, is immaculately produced, one of the best produced hip-hop albums ever. Nothing in Del's catalouge is close to that album.

Yea, no good beats anywhere. You were 7 when those albums came out, of course you don't appreciate the production. I bet you're one of those Euro backpackers that insists Wu-Tang Forever is a better album than 36 Chambers because of it's "lush production". Gimme a break.

gotta go with madvillainy

the track 3030 is fucking insane tho, but accordian is probz my favourite doom song of all time

Deltron 3030..

never heard 3030 but ima check it out tonight (heard a few tracks already)
    but i can't imagine it topping the madvillainy masterpiece, we'll see

^^

Quote Originally Posted by beautifulrock View Post
    Yea, no good beats anywhere. You were 7 when those albums came out, of course you don't appreciate the production. I bet you're one of those Euro backpackers that insists Wu-Tang Forever is a better album than 36 Chambers because of it's "lush production". Gimme a break.
    Dude you think Manifesto is a four star album. You think Wu Massacre is almost a five star album. You think Dopium is a four star album. I don't doubt that you think Del has a lot of "classics". I'm just saying when you call albums like Wu Massacre a classic, it really doesn't mean much anymore.
    Love thy neighbor

I think Wu-Massacre is a 4.5. Big deal. So do a lot of people. You act like I'm the only one saying Del is dope.

so yeah I just played time keeps on slipping in my car and promptly pissed myself twice

Quote Originally Posted by Luz View Post
    Seriously? You think Del is better than DOOM? Based on what? Cause DOOM's catalogue shits on Del's easily.
    This is a ridiculous statement.

Both MCs have been in the game a long time, with DOOM having the upper hand by only a couple years.

DOOM has only been relevant for the past 6 or 7 years. And while he was drinking his worries away and wnet AWOL for pretty much the entire 1990s, Del was pumping out solid albums with classic guest spots.

Obviously this comparison has sparked some good debate, but everyone knows a better debate would be what album is better, Delton 3030 or Dr. Octagonecologyst.

^Definitely.

So many bodies on my microphone the shit's haunted

DuncanHine Monument Cakes CEITEDMOFO's Avatar

DOOMS CLASSIC LPs >>>> AVERAGE WESTCOAST RAPPeR