Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NaS - "Deja Vu" (1994) [No DJ/HQ]

Default NaS - "Deja Vu" (1994) [No DJ/HQ]

hell yeah, finally this lost classic from, very possibly, the "Illmatic" sessions appears in high quality straight from the original acetate (before mastering basically) in 320 kbps. and best of all, no J-Love shouts or nothing!! it has been rumoured to been produced by Pete Rock and it features one of the verses from "Verbal Intercourse". enjoy, crazy props to the TROY blog and DJ Mike Nice cuz this is something i've been straight fiending for for years!

NAS - "DEJA VU" (HQ)

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Yo props for this.

So many bodies on my microphone the shit's haunted

rep

sleepless in basedworld ALCATRAZ's Avatar

repz

Thanks!
    Kan inte reppa dig just nu... men det skulle vara välförtjänat!

"Can't believe you on the canvas, I'm just throwin jabs" - Inspectah Deck

Blueminati

Downloaded so many copies of this over the years...

I thought I had a clear one on my ipod already but i cant find it now...

And seriously... Aint nobody fuckin with Illmatic-era Nas... Nobody... Dead or alive...

Veteran Member

It was created between Illmatic and It Was Written, and was produced by a fella called Chris Wilton, not Pete Rock.

Here's the story:

http://thebridge94.blogspot.com/2009...nd-action.html

and before listening to this version, I reckon that the low quality of the original gives it its character and feel, so I'm willing to overlook the J-Love-isms.

sleepless in basedworld ALCATRAZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thworldisyours
    Aint nobody fuckin with Illmatic-era Nas... Nobody... Dead or alive...
    2Pac was the greatest rapper to pick up a microphone.

Oh god, dont start that bologna again...

Hello, everybody! DR. NICK RIVIERA's Avatar

hahahahaha it's the 2Pacalypse again

actually, all the verses were written at the OB4CL session and yeah, it was in '94
    bring back begongo!!

Hello, everybody! DR. NICK RIVIERA's Avatar

Canns - So i presume you weren't exactly feeling 'It Was Written' when it dropped?!! I gotta say that over the years i have grown to really like the LP, after initially being so disappointed, but had 'Deja Vu' and 'Silent Murder' been on it this LP would have been even better. ('Silent Murder' was on the Jap/ Euro CD's and US tape versions only originally)

CW - I wasn't feeling the whole record, maybe because I was a little bitter than Deja Vu didn't make it. Even today though I think it could have been a better follow up to Illmatic if some of the "fluff" wasn't there. ("If I Ruled The World")
    I still think Deja Vu would have made that record better, but of course I do, I produced it!

^^^^^^^^^hahahaha I feel the exact same way. If I Ruled The World don't belong on the album..
    bring back begongo!!

Quote Originally Posted by -The A to the Z- View Post
    It was created between Illmatic and It Was Written, and was produced by a fella called Chris Wilton, not Pete Rock.

Here's the story:

http://thebridge94.blogspot.com/2009...nd-action.html

and before listening to this version, I reckon that the low quality of the original gives it its character and feel, so I'm willing to overlook the J-Love-isms.
    thx for the info on that, well this version i posted of "Deja Vu" still sounds very unmastered but it's still louder and better plus no dj as i said. definitely not CDQ though.

i've been listening alot to "It Was Written" lately and that's a straight incredible album as well, mirroring the time it was created in just as well as "Illmatic" did in '94. there's very few missteps on there but "If I Ruled The World" sure as hell ain't one of them, that's one absolute classic masterpiece. i got "Silent Murder" on my copy too.
    Last edited by claaa7; 05-22-2010 at 10:47 AM.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Honestly on certain days when I'm looking at the world differently It Was Written seems better than Illmatic...

As for Deja Vu, it's a great track but it really doesnt fit with the other tracks on IWW...

I believe a high quality version of this joint dropped. But I can't seem to get a hold of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Young Gun View Post
    I believe a high quality version of this joint dropped. But I can't seem to get a hold of it.
    http://beemp3.com/download.php?file=...0&song=Deja+Vu

Don't know if this is a good one but try it. I don't think the track was ever mixed properly.

Even though the thread is old lmao @ those who are so sure of themselves that Nas during Illmatic is the greatest rapper and 2Pac being the best there was.