View Poll Results: Would you buy this album, even at high cost?

Voters
254. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I Would

230 90.55%
  • No, I wouldn't

24 9.45%
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Killah Priest - Heavy Mentwo / Heavier Mental

i was bumping some tracks that i guess are from the recordings today, and altho they have leaked and some even been released on singles and a few rare compilations i'd still would like these to be included amongst the other unreleased tracks, the best of it if there's alot. mastered versions of these tracks that need to get a proper release would be essential imo

"Wolf in Sheep's Clothing"
    "Mind As A Weapon"
    "Street Opera"
    "Moanin"
    "Devil in Descize"
    "Blessed Are Those (Original)
    "Life is a Gamble"

maybe also threw in some movie clips from the one used in the first album for intro and interludes to really give it a feeling of a "Heavy Mental" companion that plays like an album in itself. and in high quality on all songs, a real packaging on cd with booklet, back, etc (no slimline and CDR) this would definitely be worth 50. definitely!

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

needs to be a double album to justify the $50 price tag, imo

sleepless in basedworld ALCATRAZ's Avatar

street opera has a high quality version floating around

Quote Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post
    i was bumping some tracks that i guess are from the recordings today, and altho they have leaked and some even been released on singles and a few rare compilations i'd still would like these to be included amongst the other unreleased tracks, the best of it if there's alot. mastered versions of these tracks that need to get a proper release would be essential imo

"Wolf in Sheep's Clothing"
    "Mind As A Weapon"
    "Street Opera"
    "Moanin"
    "Devil in Descize"
    "Blessed Are Those (Original)
    "Life is a Gamble"

maybe also threw in some movie clips from the one used in the first album for intro and interludes to really give it a feeling of a "Heavy Mental" companion that plays like an album in itself. and in high quality on all songs, a real packaging on cd with booklet, back, etc (no slimline and CDR) this would definitely be worth 50. definitely!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandemic View Post
    needs to be a double album to justify the $50 price tag, imo
    yeah $50 is very steep, and i think there are enough material for a double disc but in that case i hope that they make one of the discs as a real album with the songs i posted above plus all the dopest tracks from "Heavy Mental" sessions that can be put in the best quality and make sure the sequencing and everything is right. and as i said please throw in some more samples from "The Egyptian" or whatever that movie was called and make sure that first disc plays like an album. the second disc could be the rest of the tracks from the sessions that might not be equally dope or impossible to get in great quality (and that disc could be just a bunch of unreleased cuts unlike the first "album" - disc).

this is just a thought but i definitely think Priest should take this into consideration because as loved "Heavy Mental" is, with the other songs with 4th Disciple and Y-Kim i heard from that era (check the above post) i got a feeling he could make an actual album that's almost as strong as HV out of that material. that would be a real fucking treat for the fans, and with nice packaging and as a very limited edition people gonna be tearing they fucking hair out of their head in a year for not picking that gem up.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Quote Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post
    yeah $50 is very steep, and i think there are enough material for a double disc but in that case i hope that they make one of the discs as a real album with the songs i posted above plus all the dopest tracks from "Heavy Mental" sessions that can be put in the best quality and make sure the sequencing and everything is right. and as i said please throw in some more samples from "The Egyptian" or whatever that movie was called and make sure that first disc plays like an album. the second disc could be the rest of the tracks from the sessions that might not be equally dope or impossible to get in great quality (and that disc could be just a bunch of unreleased cuts unlike the first "album" - disc).

this is just a thought but i definitely think Priest should take this into consideration because as loved "Heavy Mental" is, with the other songs with 4th Disciple and Y-Kim i heard from that era (check the above post) i got a feeling he could make an actual album that's almost as strong as HV out of that material. that would be a real fucking treat for the fans, and with nice packaging and as a very limited edition people gonna be tearing they fucking hair out of their head in a year for not picking that gem up.

Word the fuck up. I can dig that. Also, man... when I think about spending $50 on that KP double CD, I feel it's appropriate, considering Priest has put out too many CDs in the past FOR FREE and really put that work in. That's why I believe it's just right to support that fuckin effort, but also get professionally MASTERED songs on that limited edition in return. I mean we are all on this forum because we LOVE the music and therefore support what we feel the most, right? That's how I see it...

Wu-Tang Martial Expert

I know that there are high quality versions of Street Opera and Moanin out, but they were recorded in 97-98' and would still need to be re-mastered with today's technology....Street Opera could use an increase in volume, IMO as sometimes the drums sound distant.

Also the tracks the Claaa7 mentioned above should be included....
    "A SPACE KNIGHT LIKE ROM, CONSUME PLANETS LIKE UNICRON, BLASTIN' PHOTON BOMBS FROM THE ARM LIKE GALVATRON......"

next stage, examin my x-ray
    take notes for your essay
    and let my casette play
    for longer than a decade.

its been along time comin to release this legendary stuff.....
    you gotta bring it out, i'll definitely support

Let me say this again, I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS DOUBLE CD TO COME OUT!!!!!!!!

If I was priest and I was working on a part 2 of Heavy Mental and I had all of these great unreleased tracks that were left off of Heavy Mental, I would do a Heavier Mental release with a limited edition including this CD with both the raw sound tracks and the remastered tracks along with a signature. This would definitely be a good $50 spent for me.

the original is probably my favorite record of all time... so yes. i dont buy music anymore anyways, so i guess i could justify the high price...

respect

Priest is one of the few artists I'd shell out $50 for

I'll definetly Support this!

RZA FOREVER!!

For the 50 he better have a DVD and a half 8th of some crippy packaged with it...but on the real...if its as extroadinary as it sounds, and it does, then I would pay 50....but it better at LEAST be a double CD

i totally dig this idea

Hells yeah!!!