Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Vinnie paz-season of the assassin review

ILLadelph (but just moved to Ft.Lauderdale)

there must be something wrong w/ me, b/c i can not believe this clown gets so much support & so much respect in the industry!!!
    aside from his repetitive subject matter (which is..... SMH), his rhyme skills are doodoo.
    i'm ashamed he's from philly.

Banned

i gotta say...

this album is crack!!!!!!!!!

paz gets it done yo...

he got his own thing goin on...

he knows his limitations... i always respected that about paz!!!!!!!!!

vinnie actually underrates himself... hes a humble dude... with an impeccable ear for music!!!!!!!!!

not only did he gets tracks from legendary producers.... he got top shelf HEAT!!!!!!!!

i mean... the finesse track... "righteous kill"?!!?!!?!?! good fuckin god... that is an atomic suplex on shards of glass!!!!!!!!!!!! i might fuck around and catch a case to that!!!!!!!

DJ MUGGS... b-real is an all time favorite of mine, but id like to ask him why muggs only did 2 tracks on the cypress album... when muggs has arguably evolved into a whole nother MONSTER!!!!!!!! since grandmasters, this niggas sound has gotten bigger, darker, and more cinematic... and b-real only gets 2 beats from the god... disservice to the group, fans, and legacy!!!!!!!!!! the beat he gave paz, with the jacken hook... is fuckin vicious... feed your dick to the lions, war on wax!!!!!!!!!!

lyrically its all over the place... i actually felt bad for paz listenin to "aint changed"... vinnie knows that drinkin is gonna catch up... feelin mortality... still creating... you can tell music is a genuine love in his life!!!!!!!!!!!!!

paz has locked into his signature cadence... and it almost always works... what he lacks in agility, he makes up for in potent line power and rugged vocals!!!!!!!!!!!

whole lot to like... massive record at 20 plus tracks... dope guests... A list production...

impressive album!!!!!!!!!!!

4th disciple got heat like this... and hes not doin anything with it... hopefully 4th wakes up and starts droppin bombs!!!!!!!!!

bronze came with it... and i like that LIL FAME beat... shit is gutter... different, woulda been cool if fizzy and danzini hopped on that track... all good either way!!!!!!!!!!!

ILL BILL and rugged man had the stadnout guest verses IMO... RA bodied paz... HAHAHA

paz had to use a little studi magic to tread water... while rugged man probably spotted a one take throwaway!!!!!!!!!!! rugged man is a lazy piece of shit, but hes a fuckin natural... and he only gets better with time!!!!!!!!!!!!

id give this a solid 4 mics... def worth a purchase... vin works hard man... mark me impressed... shit exceeded my expectations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There's only a couple tracks I'm not feelin' cause of the beats. The highlights are great though. Street Wars was ill. My favorite track so far.

So many bodies on my microphone the shit's haunted

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

can i get a link?
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

anybody know who did the hooks on righteous kill and warmonger? they both sound familiar as fuck but i cant place 'em lol

The 4th beat was a let down suffers from AOTP repetephobia

the Bronze beat on the other hand god damn, Bronze is fucking quality control mad consistent on the beat

ILLadelph (but just moved to Ft.Lauderdale)

Quote Originally Posted by Divine_Complex View Post
    It's funny that Vinnie Paz would have a Paul Wall feature on his album when he stated the following:

"The worst thing that ever happened to Hip-Hop was the Eminem phenomina. Now every white kid thinks they can rhyme."

LOL @ the contradiction, but that's why I like Vinnie, he says some retarded shit.
    HEEE can barely rhyme!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

haters gonna hate lol

look at paz's resume and the list of people who have cosigned him.

clipse
    paul wall
    freeway
    percee p
    kool g rap
    ras kass
    sean price
    lil fame
    lord finesse
    4th disciple
    gza
    killah priest
    bronze nazareth
    madlib
    dj muggs
    beanie sigel
    tragedy khadafi
    canibus

really?? he can't rhyme? fuck outta here

I like the pall wall track, one of the best on the album.

Quote Originally Posted by pmack215 View Post
    there must be something wrong w/ me, b/c i can not believe this clown gets so much support & so much respect in the industry!!!
    aside from his repetitive subject matter (which is..... SMH), his rhyme skills are doodoo.
    i'm ashamed he's from philly.
    LOL this album is hot my nigga.

IF YOU'RE NOT BLASTING THIS IN THE PROPER STEREO SYSTEM OR YOUR WHIP, YOU ARE DISRESPECTING THIS ALBUM. NO COMPUTER SPEAKERS ALLOWED.

Whoever did the beat for Track #10 needs a oscar for that shit. Best track on the album IMO.

Block McCloud gots to go. He's hit or miss on these hooks.

Tracks 2, 3, 4, 7, 8, 9, 13, 18, 19, 21 i'm giving a 4/5
    Tracks 6, 11, 12, 14, 15, 16 i'm giving a 4.5/5
    Track 10 gets a 5/5
    Tracks 5, 17, 20 get a 3.5/5 (Skip)

I would like to thank Undiluted Karma for the album link, he gave it to me just in time before I left for my 5 hour drive to my college and i let this whole album play through twice, this shit is nice and I will buy. I don't usually fuck with Paz but he got me with this one.
    Last edited by Hollow Dartz; 06-04-2010 at 11:51 AM.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

^word up i need to find out who produced track 10 haha shit is illy

bronze naz has the best beat on the album imo...role of life, that shit is RETARDED

4th laced his joint too

who does the hooks on the lil fame and lord finesse tracks!!! haha they arent listed as guests but they sound mad familiar

malice blacked out on street wars...must be an old verse cause he aint rappin about jesus LOL

Yeah I had to put my haterism for Bronze aside lol he killed that shit, I played that shit like 4 times back to back.

i hate how much hes punchin in these days.

track 10 is def. lib

and somebody help me ID the sample of this song^^