Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Vinnie paz-season of the assassin review

Did not know this was out. I am listening to tracks on youtube. Sounds raw ass hell.

Dude who said 4ths beat was a let down??? That joint is illy. Chillll. lol. I hate the fucking hook though.

Bronze Naz beat is boring. His stilo is getting boring.... bring something new...

The joint with madlib ill. Madlib is just beastly. Paz did a good job on it.

Kill Em all... I ve heard this one prior. This is sick.

I am just youtubing it for now. Somebody shoot the link to my inbox...

Thanks.

Muggs joint was rawww ass fuck. Nice.

The only track I coulda done without is Paul & Paz, everything else is monsterous.

My favorite tracks are:

Monster's Ball
    Pistolvania
    End Of Days
    Righteous Kill
    No Spritiual Surrender
    Aristotle's Dilemma
    Kill 'Em All
    Brick Wall
    Nosebleed
    Warmonger
    Wahsed in the Blood of the Lamb
    Drag You To Hell

I like the whole album, with the exception of P&P.

4.5/5 .

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    Thanks for your hate hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Have to say i am absolutly loving this album, ive played it three times all the way through already today, and there aren't many bad points.

Obviously Vinnie gets a little monotonous after a while, the constant aggression and cursing can get a little tiresome, but he does change his topics a bit here, and when he does the results are excellent. I dont find his simple rhyme patterns a problem really, his power and aggression makes up for it.

Have to say i hated Vinnie Paz for years, i couldn't stand him, even though i loved Stoupe's beats. I think it was because the first JMT album i bought was "Legacy Of Blood", which i think is easily their worst and Vinnie puts out an absoloutly TERRIBLE performance, so i shitted on him for years. But after revisiting "Visions Of Ghandi" recently (i always knew he was dope on their debut, but that was basically a different rapper), i realized he wasnt as bad as i thought.

But with that i was still a bit skeptical with this, but it fuckin Bangs!

The beats are almost all amazing throughout, DJ Muggs comes up with a banger, i loved Bronze's beat (i dont usually listen to his music so its new-ish to me), 4th's, Moss's etc. Being a huge DITC fan, i was a little dissapointed with Lord Finesse's beat, but thats only coz i hold him in such high standard.

Great album. 8/10

billyanalogue

This looks dope man, might have to cop that. I just hope his next one is even more ferocious.

Quote Originally Posted by Durag View Post
    Have to say i hated Vinnie Paz for years, i couldn't stand him, even though i loved Stoupe's beats. I think it was because the first JMT album i bought was "Legacy Of Blood", which i think is easily their worst and Vinnie puts out an absoloutly TERRIBLE performance, so i shitted on him for years. But after revisiting "Visions Of Ghandi" recently (i always knew he was dope on their debut, but that was basically a different rapper), i realized he wasnt as bad as i thought.

I think LoB is a dope album, but I can see why some wouldn't.

Vinnie's lyrics can get monotonous on it, but Stoupe's beats are incredible.

VoG is usually the album that gets cited as JMT's low point, but I think that shit is great also.

"Servants In Heaven kings In Hell" is one of Vinnie Paz's finest performances on a JMT joint.

You should give it a listen, if you haven't already.

EDIT: Once you realise that Vinnie Paz has a signature style and delivery, his music becomes infinitely more listenable.

Some people have a hard time with the fact that every MC isn't all things to all people.

Dude stays in his lane, he's got his style down to a science IMO.
    Last edited by Squidgy McGubbins; 12-12-2010 at 09:52 PM.

Cant believe I jus got a hold of this but then again I been locked up for the past 8 months. Monsters Ball is bannanas. That Madlib & Bronze joints are ill too.

Brick Wall
    Kill Em All

This album is HARD

Quote Originally Posted by MANTIS69 View Post
    Cant believe I jus got a hold of this but then again I been locked up for the past 8 months. Monsters Ball is bannanas. That Madlib & Bronze joints are ill too.

If you're playing catch-up with albums you missed while you were locked, then you should check the Heavy Metal Kings album Vinnie Paz did with ILL BILL.

And the new Jedi mind Tricks joint too, even though Stoupe isn't on it.

this was a dope album