Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Search for the next 9 Generals

has a deathwish NaturalBornKilla's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Afterlife View Post
    Fuckin hand it down to the illest 9 killa beez....

here's my vote....

1.Killa Sin
    2.Hell Razah
    3.12 0'Clock
    4.Bronze Nazareth
    5.Killah Priest
    6.60 second assassin
    7.LA the Darkman
    8.Prodigal Sunn
    9.Cilvaringz
    No Streetlife love?
    Pass the bone, kid pass the bone
    Let's get on this mission like Indiana Jones

rawww ima give it to em Subterranean Man's Avatar

So all the auditions begin next month?

The New England audition is July 3rd. Worcester MA Club Universe 371 Park Ave...

As someone mentioned before you can check youtube for some of the video infomercials and contestant videos...

rawww ima give it to em Subterranean Man's Avatar

...any word on when this is coming to richmond/philly?

No further dates have been announced..You will be able to receive updates via the new official Wu Tang Management website and twitter @next9generals

this is a fucking gay idea...its staining the wu name on some american idol type shit.....it will not be authentic

fuck that gay bullshit. get the fuck outta here with this american idol faggot shit.

this is shameful
    im pretty surprised that cappadonna is in on it too
    even though he's technically not a wu general and none of the actual generals support this

Default From an emotional fan's perspective

I feel those of you that have a negative outlook on this. Fact is most of you dont have all the information on the project and think its a commercial way of trying to create another Wu. I would be pissed too if i thought that was the case. The thought of there being another Wu is ridiculous in itself considering the immediate groups endorsed by the W neva came even close to recreating the energy of the generals. If anything I encourage true supporters of real hip hop to keep there eyes on this as it is guaranteed to produce alot of talent which is exactly what is missin from the music.

Peace

^lmao

So many bodies on my microphone the shit's haunted

yeah I dunno why I was thinking "a search for the next 9 generals" was an attempt to make another wu
    I must be losing it lol
    u say you'd be pissed if that were the case and tell us we don't have facts - well give us some then lol

Wu fans are probably the toughest on earth to please so I really don't expect many especially on this site to view things with an open mind. With that said if you have any genuine questions about this I'm open to answering them to the best of my ability. I will not however entertain lame attempts to discredit the efforts of those who are working hard and making huge personal sacrifice to further the Wu legacy and bring hip hop to it its natural essence. Peace!

lol@ "especially this site" you do know this is wutangs main fan base right?

Anyhoo I got a couple questions -

which of the generals actively endorse this? (rza, gza, inspectah, rae, ghost, masta killa, ugod, mef) ?
    Does at least the Rza endorse it?

Do u profit from this?
    Does the 8 generals profit from this?

are you coming in the name to proclaim your fame for protection without knowing no fucking lessons?
    do you dare call the gods name in vain, not knowing the seriousness of this and why they came?

To understand the validity of the competition you should know it is being implemented by Wu Tang Management which is owned by John "Mook" Gibbons. You may want to overstand his position in Wu Tang's history and his relation to Rza before you continue your scrutiny.

U God was originally confirmed as judge and was unable to make the first audition. He has recently made some comments that would suggest he doesnt support it but he was very much involved and acknowledges the competition as authentic! The truth is just like anything involving the W there are differences of view yet the acknowledge this as something that was in planning many years before this became public.

I in noway profit from this. My greatest reward is being apart of something that can and will be historic on many levels. One of the main objectives of this project is to revive hip hop and bring it back to its natural essence. Once again its not about creating "another Wu Tang". Most of you will sit behind your computer screens and scutinize yet make no contribution to furthering this art form you claim to represent.

Wu Tang Management as a company has not profit from this competition and has actually used its own resources to facilitate the project thus far. The $23.50 Registration fee is merely to cover administrative requirements on the back end.

I noticed someone went at length to post up one of the wackest contestants they can find, but Im sure if they had a neutral view on this they would have found many of the more talented artists to highlight here. Which is the point of this competition in full and that is to bring real talent to the forefront of music once again...Pay attention and stay focused people.