Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Did the Brits make the best music?

crushed out heavenly Ghost In The 'Lac's Avatar

ITT: people who think theyre spreading knowledge by announcing rock music was based on black music.

Yes, everyone knows that, faggots, what has that got to do with anything?

You're also forgetting to mention that it was THE BEATLES who bought back the "black" sound to rock n roll because the trend at that time in American popular music was moving away from the "black" sound, it was Beatles who made it the thing again.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBoarzHeadBoy View Post
    Then we evolved from there, but the Beatles are for all intents and purposes Americans. They idolized our culture, came over here, lived here, and died here. They're not British, they're from Britain.
    LMAO nice troll post faggot. Just proves how desperate you are when the Beatles gets mentioned.

Protip: The Beatles HATED America, especially Lennon, and did about everything they possibly could to piss off many Americans for as long as they were popular (insulting Jesus, bigging up Russia, preaching anti war, converting to Buddism/Hindusim, marrying japs, and everything else).

Lennon spent nearly all of his time telling Americans to be less American LOL.

P.s

Pandemic was moved to neg repped me in this thread lmao what a faggot. u mad son.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TheBoarzHeadBoy View Post
    What's retarded about this is that people are saying that the Americans are using the British style. The British have been using our style for decades. There really isn't much of a difference between a British singer and an American singer vocally.

The British artists have been ripping off Blues, Jazz, and Soul worse then any American has.

The Rolling Stones dick rode Lil Richie to the top.
    The Beatles and Animals were ripping off all the classics at first. The Beatles were originally what amounts to an American hits cover band that eventually went their own way.

Then they come over here, renaissance our homegrown american music, and reap the profits. Can't say they're lousy, but they were British artists doing American music.

Then we evolved from there, but the Beatles are for all intents and purposes Americans. They idolized our culture, came over here, lived here, and died here. They're not British, they're from Britain.
    hahaha faggot ass yankee. admit it, Brits have the best rock music. even Radiohead is shitting all over american music today....

rolling stone mag: best album of the decade..... Radiohead KID A

I like the Drums.

But don't you think they're influenced pretty heavily by American soft rock bands?

Beach Boys are an obvious influence.

Just because they had a music video called i wanna go surfing and they ran down the side of a beach for the duration of it..
    Bank heist in Kathmandu, it was a slaughter
    The day Buddha was born it rained tea instead of water

My favourite music over the years is probably American - wu being the best example - though dylan, tom petty and others. Soul, funk, Jazz, hip Hop. Americana (jeez - america does that best - I'd never have guessed!). The US have got that and more. (

But the UK has punched well above our weight. EDM - and in particular the DJ as a rockstar, the wonderous Drum and Bass (I'm too old for dubstep) and various types of hard rock and 'intiligentista' type indie music such as Radiohead, the smiths (which I personally don't really like). I thought The UK punk scene was great - don't under-rate that first sex pistols lp - and such like.