Default Top 5 D.I.T.C. Solo albums?

What's yours?

Mine in no particular order:

O.C. - Word... Life
    O.C. - Jewelz
    Big L - Lifestylez Ov Da Poor & Dangerous
    Lord Finesse - The Awakening
    Showbiz & A.G. - Full Scale

I can't believe no one knows about D.I.T.C. "yeah yeah we know of them.. lord finesse diamond d..." whatever sons... O.C.>>>>Nas anyday!!!!!

Fresh 2 Deff

Word life is hella dope i fuckin love it, "Word life" "Born 2 live" "Point O' views" "Time's up" DOPENESS!, i'd rate jewelz a bit higher tho.
    dope ass music from start to finish. "Can't go wrong" "Jewelz" "Hypocrite" "The chosen one" "Far from yours".. shiiit they both classic albums.. FLAWLESS!

O.C. is the dopest ever... mad props to you CHRONZ!!!! you know your shit.

OC - Word...Life
    OC - Jewels
    Big L - Livestylez...
    Diamond D - Stunts Blunts & Hiphop
    Showbiz & AG - Runaway Slave

next would be D.I.T.C. - D.I.T.C (not a solo) followed by Lord Finesse's first 2 albums.
    Last edited by Prolifical ENG; 05-28-2010 at 03:58 PM.

Fresh 2 Deff

by the way, how do yall feel bout, Starchild and Smoke & Mirrors?

I love Starchild... it's ranked my third best O.C. album... production is crazy!

Fresh 2 Deff

co sign. "Memory Lane" is the standout track for me, dope as fuck.
    you don't see Starchild get that much love tho, its ridiculous!

PRODIGAL SUN

in no order, my favorites are

O.C. - Word... Life
    O.C. - Jewelz
    Fat Joe - Jealous Ones Envy
    Showbiz & A.G. - Goddfellas

Your fav. artist's artist fatboybrandon's Avatar

Good thread. I appreciate seeing the responses because it shows the sounds and content DITC brought us over the years between each album varies, so it's interesting to hear the differences of how people rank them based on the originality of each. Here's mine:

• Stunts, Blunts and Hip Hop - one of the greatest hip hop albums I've heard to date, a masterpiece of sampling
    • Runaway Slave - set a new standard and sound of street representation with the jazz production, song writing and social awareness. Most dudes from the streets were unable to add social awareness but Show & AG added it on this album in a way I never heard.
    • Funky Technician - one of my favorite scratch chorus albums and Premier's 1st outside production work
    • O.C. - Word Life - I think O broke new ground in storytelling with this one, great jazz vibe throughout that I don't hear on other DITC albums
    • Big L - Lifestyles Ov Da Poor And Dangerous - L killed it lyrically on his debut, I think this was yet another time DITC changed the idea of how an MC represents the streets

I rated my choices on replay value too, those ones have the most to me + some of the greatest ideas in writing songs in hip hop overall.

damn that's a tough one as hell to narrow down since i love their shit like crazy (no homo). i got all their solo joints and most of them are dope but they dropped at least 10 classics and semi-classics. ok i'll give it a try:

* Showbiz & AG - "Runaway Slave"
    * OC - "Word...Life"
    * Show & AG - "Goodfellas"
    * Lord Finesse - "Funky Technician" or "Awakening"
    * Big L - "Lifestylez Ov Da Poor & Dangerous"

but it feels wack to not put "Stunts Blunts & Hip-Hop" on there since i fucking love that album, definitely a classic/masterpiece. the beats is absolutely top-notch and back then Diamond was dope on the mic altho not as good as the rest of the crew (besides Show)

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Quote Originally Posted by NAH001 View Post
    What's yours?

Mine in no particular order:

O.C. - Word... Life
    O.C. - Jewelz
    Lord Finesse - The Awakening
    Showbiz & A.G. - Full Scale
    Exact same list as me. I might replace Full Scale with Good Fellas though.

So many bodies on my microphone the shit's haunted

The production on World..Life is crazy, buckwild is really one of the best producers ever, he has a tremendous ear for these beautiful jazz loopes..

Quote Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post
    damn that's a tough one as hell to narrow down since i love their shit like crazy (no homo). i got all their solo joints and most of them are dope but they dropped at least 10 classics and semi-classics. ok i'll give it a try:

* Showbiz & AG - "Runaway Slave"
    * OC - "Word...Life"
    * Show & AG - "Goodfellas"
    * Lord Finesse - "Funky Technician" or "Awakening"
    * Big L - "Lifestylez Ov Da Poor & Dangerous"

but it feels wack to not put "Stunts Blunts & Hip-Hop" on there since i fucking love that album, definitely a classic/masterpiece. the beats is absolutely top-notch and back then Diamond was dope on the mic altho not as good as the rest of the crew (besides Show)
    Id say mine is almost exactly the same.

I absolutly love D.I.T.C, ive got all their solos plus a lot of rare shit like the three Lord Finesse "Rare Selections EP's", the "Funky Dope Manouver EP" and the "Broken Chains" vinyl. Been a huge fan for years, so pickin a top 5 solo albums would be hard, but that would be my best pick.

"Starchild" is a great album, but i think "Jewelz", as dope as it is, is a little patchy in places. Diamond D's second album "Hatred, Passion & Infedelity" is an underrated album imo.

^ i agree with everything you just said... "Word... Life" is nr. 1 OC, then "Jewelz", then "Bon Appetit" (crazy underrated LP that grew as hell, check my first review here - i gave it like 1.5/5 or 2/5 lol), i'd say that and "Starchild" ain't too far away from eachother. "Smoke and Mirrors" was so-so, the lyrics was kinda there but the beats could've been better. there are some real bangers on there tho... glad he and AG made "Oasis" cuz that was another SLAMMING release, lovin' that. both AG and O, my two favorite lyricsists out of the crew since L passed so lyrically that was the greatest album in a long time imo. most of the beats were FIIIYYAH too, especially the ones Show, Finesse, Ahmed and Statik Selektah produced.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!