Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gza on boycotting Arizona

Veteran Member

Ya, well this situation is just not being handled right.

The people who should have the cops on them imo are people who give jobs to illegals.

Are the cops going after these people? Why not?

Who is being profiled?

Are only illegals the target of this arizona law?

There is wrong on both sides. I would expect the gov to be the reasonable one in this situation. I guess that was a false expectation.

The law is seeming to backfire.

Does it solve the real problem of illegals working illegally?

Veteran Member

If the store owners are punished and fined for giving jobs to illegals and illegals have no illegal job to go to would they still cross the border?

Golden Child Shaolin Bloody Sword's Avatar

In Other countries police officers have the right to ask any citizen for papers showing their status. I do not support it or think it's a big deal. I don't see any racism in such a law....

The Chamber of Knowledge New-Yorks-Finest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FMJ View Post
    If the store owners are punished and fined for giving jobs to illegals and illegals have no illegal job to go to would they still cross the border?
    its not like theirs a illegal immigrant community that let each other know if theirs any jobs lol

na but on the serious tip, they would still cross the border, they will do anything to get money they need to pay for their family/themselves

they'll be convinced enough to find out more jobs
    "If a man hasn't discovered something that he will die for, he isn't fit to live."

'

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Bloody Sword View Post
    In Other countries police officers have the right to ask any citizen for papers showing their status. I do not support it or think it's a big deal. I don't see any racism in such a law....

Keep in mind most American's have never left this country. They live in their own little secluded bubble.

Profiling people and the idea of getting a bullet in your skull is what happens when you live in a country ran like a business. The Chinese would do the same no questions asked.

This isn't solely white people being scared of brown people pushing the agenda. Keep in mind Obama stated that its a: "shortcut" that will merely inflame the debate "instead of solving the problem."

Those probably aren't even his own words, but it buys him time and protects his image. If he cared about lives being lost he'd actually take on the issue immediately. Secure borders are IMPORTANT in any country. He's focused on the biggest oil spill in history so this is a back burner issue for the meantime.

s.a.m. the 5th disciple WuZapatista's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marwan View Post
    Gza just pissed me off with this dumb ass statement, we have laws in this fucking country that seems to not have to be followed by illegals. And regarding the mexican thing in cali, I am sick of mexicans comming here illegally, feeling they are entitled to shit american citizens cant even get and then there blatant hatred of black people and disrespect of this country, our citizens and laws....obviously this isnt a problem for Gza, his family or his kids having to worry about mexicans harassing himself or his kids because of his black (mayate as they call us) skin being that there are no mexicans in New York...If i cant goto Mexico illegally and live like a king, why in the fuck can they come here and live like a king off my tax dollars and then turn around and hate me and spit in my face....

Marwan you a bit angry huh . its cats like you that things dont get better between races. im mexican and i cant speak for all mexicans but i will speak for the ones i know and thats alot of us. we just want to live life and see our kids grow up , eat some good food watch some good soccer and baseball and make sweet love to some of the most beautiful women in the world. lets not forget mexican indiginous ancestry/blood runs deep in this continent and we have ALWAYS BEEN HERE! how can immigrants steal jobs that in the 1st place most wont do.from what i have observed there not too many white folk and even african/american folk want to or will do the jobs us latinos do.we just a hard working race.i think most of us dont or cant understand living in a 3rd world country with no oppurtunity of anykind. you die if you dont look for a means of survival. the arizona thing can be a bad thing for this country if racial profiling is allowed.yall want your freedom to slowly diminish? Gza is right california is nada without immigrants.

What a great feeling when the Lakers closed out the Phoenix Suns! GO LAKERS!

S.A.M. the 5th Disciple

"style goes back to the days of Bob Backlund"

And in the end..? Kriszy Substance's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WuZapatista View Post
    Marwan you a bit angry huh . its cats like you that things dont get better between races. im mexican and i cant speak for all mexicans but i will speak for the ones i know and thats alot of us. we just want to live life and see our kids grow up , eat some good food watch some good soccer and baseball and make sweet love to some of the most beautiful women in the world. lets not forget mexican indiginous ancestry/blood runs deep in this continent and we have ALWAYS BEEN HERE! how can immigrants steal jobs that in the 1st place most wont do.from what i have observed there not too many white folk and even african/american folk want to or will do the jobs us latinos do.we just a hard working race.i think most of us dont or cant understand living in a 3rd world country with no oppurtunity of anykind. you die if you dont look for a means of survival. the arizona thing can be a bad thing for this country if racial profiling is allowed.yall want your freedom to slowly diminish? Gza is right california is nada without immigrants.

What a great feeling when the Lakers closed out the Phoenix Suns! GO LAKERS!
    I don't really wannt chime in too much on anything political in most cases. But I guess I felt compelled. I see what you are saying my friend and I appreciate anyone who works and works HARD as do Mexicans and all other kinds of folks. The problem with this is that while illegals want the work, the money, the better schools and all that...they dont pay taxes and contribute to those basic principles that allow all those priveledges. Which is exactly why Cali is bankrupt.

I don't fully agree with the law and can see where it could heighten racial profiling BUT as a new resident of Arizona and having seen plenty of press on all this...I do believe it is attempting to solve a problem that has been neglected by the Federal Gov. You will not find another country, including Mexico, that has as leniant and civilly respecful laws.

God bless us all.

PRODIGAL SUN

im tired of people saying mexicans do jobs regular americans wont do... its bullshit

also, im tired of the "ohh.. its cause mexicans work so hard.." .. ive worked with mexicans doing construction, and those were some lazy SOBs.

working for super low wages = rich people holding onto money = men who fought for good pay now losing their jobs = not good for any economy

why i gotta pay for health insurance when i know some mexis who go in and get charity care in the emergency room every time they sick.. meanwhile im payin 400 a month

Veteran Member

One thing I've learned in life is that injustice is prevailant.

Read the legal document, it actually isn't that bad... You think immigrants should just be pouring in to the country whenever they want? People like the guy who did the times square thing could just slip in no problem. I think GZA is way wrong to boycott Arizona.

Good for Arizona, trying to do something that the Fed Gov wasn't enforcing.

Gza needs to stay in his lane. stick to rapping.

this is not about racism or xenophobia, or even immigration. its about ILLEGAL immigration.

i agree with whoever said the blame falls on businesses hiring illegals. if you want to put an end to illegal immigration, start hammering businesses that hire them. illegal immigration does effect jobs when businesses will opt to hire illegals and not have to pay them fair wages or give them benefits. there are only so many pieces to the pie and if illegals are taking most of it, it doesnt leave much for legal citizens. legal citizens should get first dibs on jobs.

hispanics can come over here as much as they want but they need to go through the process of becoming a legal US citizen like everyone else who migrates here.
    Last edited by THE W; 05-31-2010 at 08:43 AM.
    Christianity = White Supremacy

Banned

some business owners don't have a choice. times are tough right now. a lot of small businesses are struggling to keep their doors open. if by hiring 1 or 2 illegals saves a business owner money so he can stay open and allow the 10 legals to keep their jobs, it's not such a bad thing.

small biz has been hiring illegals long before the economy went to shit. they've built their business on the back of illegal hiring and the majority of their employees are illegals. if they cant stay afloat without it, then they have to fold. other businesses will rise up.

i can understand why they would hire like that though. it saves them money and no one's stopping them.
    Christianity = White Supremacy