Thread: THUNDERCATS Is Coming Back To The Small Screen

Default THUNDERCATS Is Coming Back To The Small Screen

Warner Bros. Animation (WBA) has begun production on “ThunderCats,” an all-new animated series for Cartoon Network, based upon the iconic 1980s action classic.
    “ThunderCats” is the newest series from WBA, joining “Batman: The Brave and the Bold,” which was recently renewed for a third season, and the following forthcoming programs: “The Looney Tunes Show,” “MAD,” “Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated” and “Young Justice.” The announcement was made today by Sam Register, Executive Vice President, Creative Affairs, Warner Bros. Animation.

“In addition to being Warner Bros. Animation’s first anime series, ‘ThunderCats’ marks our most ambitious foray yet into fantasy,” said Register. “The realism and dynamic visual style we’ve achieved are sure to thrill viewers, and the cool weapons, vehicles and technology should help the show appeal to a diverse audience.”

The 21st century reimagining of the series marks a creative collaboration between WBA and Studio4°C, one of the most vibrant animation studios in Japan, with credits including “The Animatrix,” “Gotham Knights” and “Halo Legends.” WBA is working closely with Studio4°C, utilizing the latter’s expertise to give the “ThunderCats” characters a new cutting-edge look while remaining true to the compelling storylines and mythology of the original series.

“We at Studio4°C are excited to be in this creative partnership with Warner Bros. Animation to bring ‘ThunderCats’ to life,” said Eiko Tanaka, President and CEO, Studio4°C. “This collaboration combines the strengths of our two companies – high production values and great storytelling – toward reintroducing this classic fan-favorite to a new audience.”

Roaring to life through WBA and Studio4°C’s use of the Japanese animated artistry of anime, “ThunderCats” characters Lion-O, Mumm-Ra, Panthro, Cheetara and others will spring off the screen with realistic cat-like characteristics inconceivable in previous incarnations.

The new “ThunderCats” will appeal to viewers who have loved the characters all their lives as well as young newcomers to the franchise. A sweeping tale combining swords and science and boasting ferocious battles with the highest of stakes, the grand origin story of Prince Lion-O’s ascension to the throne – and of those who would thwart his destiny at any cost – takes on epic dimensions in this sharp new telling. As the forces of good and evil battle each other in the quest for the fabled Stones of Power, Lion-O and his champions learn valuable lessons of loyalty, honor and mortality in every episode.

“ThunderCats” is executive produced by Sam Register (“Teen Titans,” “Ben 10,” “Batman: The Brave and the Bold”). Michael Jelenic (“Batman: The Brave and the Bold,” “Wonder Woman”) and Ethan Spaulding (“Avatar: The Last Airbender”) are the producers.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
    Method Man

I just hope they keep their word by honoring the original series rather than dumb it down like all the recent Transformers efforts.

Method Man

They need to make tht movie man like tht fan made trailer on u tube, that shit would be the maaaad notes

SkamPoe at instagram @kinghippoe
    FOLLOW!!

Part of me would love to see a live action Thindercats, but it's one of those licences that are just so easy to fuck up, all it would take is one shitty decision by hollywood and the entire film would go down the toilet.

Method Man

true shit bro... but man if they did it right down to the T

it would be so epic

no xmen spidermans or trannyformers would be ble to compete with a ill live action lionell

FOLLOW!!

they need to hire this cast right here and make it full length feature film

FOLLOW!!

they better find somebody worthy of doing the mumm ra voice, cuz that shit made the show

aka The Chaotica SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS's Avatar

i was just watching a bunch of episodes on hulu earlier

Hooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mumm Ra View Post
    they better find somebody worthy of doing the mumm ra voice, cuz that shit made the show
    eloels..word.

if they did a live action, id personally want them to be actual anthropomorphs...CG their faces to have the actual animals heads..i personally think that would be dope.

Drunk Off Titty Milk!!!! BRONZBODY's Avatar

cartoon network...i swear to god if you fuck this up........im gonna piss on someone.....

Quote Originally Posted by SKAM-POPE View Post

they need to hire this cast right here and make it full length feature film
    lmao that shit is boss.

my dad thought that trailer with brad pitt, vin diesel and the farscape bitch was real lol

i used to love this cartoon, but i really see no need to do it in live action. although done well, it would be epic.