View Poll Results: Would you buy unreleased music from 4th Disciple's vault?

Voters
135. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I Would.. But only THE RESISTANCE COMPILATION

3 2.22%
  • Yes, I Would.. And All The Other Unreleased Music.

126 93.33%
  • No, I Would Not.

6 4.44%
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The 4th Disciple Vault! incl. THE RESISTANCE

Corny Nuh! Capitalizing Cilvaringz's Avatar

Default The 4th Disciple Vault! incl. THE RESISTANCE

Peace everyone,

So as I'm continuing to persuade my fellow Wu brethren to start releasing their unreleased material to the fans, I entered into an interesting phone call with 4th Disciple today.

As I explained to Killah Priest, I told 4th today that we were getting and seeing so much request for unreleased music of 4th Disciple and others, especially for music recorded between 1993 - 2000.

I personally have visited 4th a couple of times in Ohio at his studio and heard incredible music made by him. From the 2 albums he recorded with Shogun Assasson to Black Knights, Black Brigade, One Man, Raw Intellect, The Orphanage, 12 O'Clock's "Get Some Hate" and of course the infamous Sunz Of Man and Killah Priest songs. In addition, 4th now had a compilation called THE RESISTANCE which features songs recorded over a variety of time periods and had guest appearances from Hell Razah, U-God, RZA, Hoffa, Killah Priest, Trife, Solomon Childs, KrimeLife and even Jim Jones.

When I brought up the idea of releasing it through Wu-Tang Corp website, 4th brought up an interesting point. He wondered what benefit it would be to him? Considering the music industry today, things are grim for everyone. I agreed with 4th on this. I could see how this would hurt things and not make it interesting for the artist. So I proposed the following:

I asked 4th, why not set a minimum amount of pre-orders, before sending the music out? This way you guarantee a desired return of income beforehand and everything you sell afterwards is considered a bonus. Also, since it's so exclusive, you can set a price at as high as 30-50 USD. To be absolutely clear this is not to rip off any fans, but to compensate for the much lower sales count that comes with releasing it through the internet. Unfortunately even the indy labels are not showing enough interest for projects like these.

These projects are priceless and the music is incredible. Killah Priest has been following his thread as well and was surprised to see so much support and potential. So we set up a poll for 4th as well and he will be watching it. If you are a true fan who would like to have these gems than I ask you to show your support and vote. These projects can now only come to life with the support of us, the true Wu-Tang fans. It's a hefty price for some, but guaranteed quality.

Please share your thoughts as well, just keep it respectful. Remember, any artist needs to eat.

This was a long one.. PEACE!
    Ringz
    Last edited by Cilvaringz; 06-05-2010 at 07:43 PM.

Banned

yeah, a few years ago, i heard some unreleased tracks from 4th from somebody i know in the steubenville area. the tracks were banging. i heard a 12 o'clock track, some shogun tracks and a midaz track. the production was nuts.

Veteran Member

Anything by 4th im willing to support

Can you give us any more info about the Shogun albums?

to be completely honest i would want that 4th disciple shit as much...if not probably more so than Heavy Mental II
    and you say he recorded TWO albums with Shogun Assasson

Veteran Member

4th is my favorite producer of all time. Of course I would support this.
    Ghostface on 50 Cent:
    "Yo, this ape needs to stop injecting himself with them stroiods. He's acting up, he better chill out before New York puts his ass on the bench."
    Ghostface on Eminem:
    "That pilgrim needs to back off. He ain't got no street cred, thats my word."

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Hell yeah, specifically the Resistance & that Shougun album. If he gets 150 pre-orders @ 50 dollars each, he's guaranteed $7,500. He should think about it.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

I'd show my support.

So many bodies on my microphone the shit's haunted

this sounds more than reasonable. i'd love to give my money to support an artist that i love when he needs the cash and when he's releasing stuff as good as what he's thinking about releasing. the sooner the better and the more the better. i'll buy as much as i can afford.

Peace Cilva, Priest, and 4th!! You can count on my Canadian dollars!!

Banned

a few years ago, that wouldn't have meant much

^^ well times change Fart Vandelay. Besides the canadian economy has always been strong, we kept our dollar down to keep inflation down and trade up.

ILLadelph (but just moved to Ft.Lauderdale)

very few things are more tragic than the almighty 4th disciple never having sustained success in the music industry. that shit kills me.
    my 2nd fave producer of all time next to rza..... and that aint even a fair comparison when u consider the size of rza's catalog vs 4th's.

i've been pleading for some 4th work. i NEED that shit.

I personally have visited 4th a couple of times in Ohio at his studio and heard incredible music made by him. From the 2 albums he recorded with Shogun Assasson to Black Knights, Black Brigade, One Man, Raw Intellect, The Orphanage, 12 O'Clock's "Get Some Hate" and of course the infamous Sunz Of Man and Killah Priest songs. In addition, 4th now had a compilation called THE RESISTANCE which features songs recorded over a variety of time periods and had guest appearances from Hell Razah, U-God, RZA, Hoffa, Killah Priest, Trife, Solomon Childs, KrimeLife and even Jim Jones.
    I will gladly pay for all of these albums...you also need to promote this on other sites as well, just like with your stuff and priests' album once you have an actual plan and are ready to take pre-orders.
    I need the Shogun and Orphanage albums specifically...like right now lol
    Last edited by Dr. Simon Hurt; 06-05-2010 at 08:09 PM.

ya id pay for all that

aka The Chaotica SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz View Post
    Hell yeah, specifically the Resistance & that Shogun album. If he gets 150 pre-orders @ 50 dollars each, he's guaranteed $7,500. He should think about it.
    agreed Shogun Assassin is the most underrated from Killarmy