Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What is Reality ?

Quote Originally Posted by Pandemic View Post
    ^^^ya the self transforming machine elves, which apparently everyone sees while tripping on dmt...i've never come across dmt ever. you can get it from the ayahuasca plant which not coincidentally, was used by peruvian shaman and treated as a religious sacrament.
    have you ever tried it?
    no and i want to very badly. i am on a mission but i'm in such a "non-hippy"
    environment that its unlikely i'll find it here.

i just saw a documentary on ayahuasca and westerners who go to the jungle to participate in rituals.
    wild stuff. its like they go through death and rebirth overnight. stripping down the psyche to its most primal and basic form, painfully experiencing and releasing the negative and then basking in the positive.

puking singing screaming dancing laughing shivering in fear crying tears of joy/pain. all in a few hrs.

the most intense thing i have ever seen.

its funny tho. so many people are on x here, which is a type of psychedelic experience, but nobody explores it. its all about gettin wasted.

so imagine seeing this^^^

then ask yourself if it was real. and if its not real, but just an altered state of brain chemistry, then you have to wonder..
    if it is so easy to replace and alter what we hold so sacred and immutable.. "reality"... then is reality such a solid concept?

i mean we say something is real like being "real" is a verification of that thing's existence. an unbreakable objectification of proof. but yet reality is malleable and fragile.

if you spent the rest of you life on a trip, who can tell you its not real? its real to you. so i must be real. right?
    i hate mayo. its my reality. it makes me dry heave an can make me puke just off the taste alone. no matter what you think or like, mayo is disgusting to me. thats my reality. the only reality.

if i feel the presence of God in and around me, thats my reality. the only reality.

realities can overlap and find congruency. then there is also resonance.

we used to play a game while tripping where we would create shared realities. something like illusions and materialize objects out of the ether. pass an imaginary ball around some one would catch it then expand their arms and make it the size of a boulder. on a good trip, we did shit like manifest animals, summon elementals, transport to new locations....

room full of tripped out artists, like completely right brained folks letting loose the creative power on full blast. sometimes these sessions were verbal but the freaky things that happened were when the cues were non verbal. we just got on that wave.
    Last edited by Uncle Steezo; 06-09-2010 at 12:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WUnded Fox View Post
    no and i want to very badly. i am on a mission but i'm in such a "non-hippy"
    environment that its unlikely i'll find it here.

i just saw a documentary on ayahuasca and westerners who go to the jungle to participate in rituals.
    wild stuff. its like they go through death and rebirth overnight. stripping down the psyche to its most primal and basic form, painfully experiencing and releasing the negative and then basking in the positive.

puking singing screaming dancing laughing shivering in fear crying tears of joy/pain. all in a few hrs.

the most intense thing i have ever seen.

its funny tho. so many people are on x here, which is a type of psychedelic experience, but nobody explores it. its all about gettin wasted.
    it sounds really intriguing...supposedly it is the one psychedelic that does not just recycle and recontextualize information and sensations that are already in your mind and actually imposes or allows you to perceive new sensory data. the whole 'breaking down and restructuring your psyche' has a spiritual component to it imo, it sounds alot like how peyote trips have been described.

x can have a a mind expanding aspect to it, if you are rolling with a girl who you are in a deep relationship with...it feels like the two of you kind of merge into one entity and can experience each other's 'chakras'...it's really weird, the closest thing i could compare it to is how huxley described the 'soma' orgies in 'brave new world'.

i haven't really even seen that shit floating around down here...the main drugs i see other than weed and blow are just pills like xanax, oxycontin, percocet...people even use adderall down here to get fucked up (i have used it for cramming sessions or when i needed to write a research paper in one night)...but to meet the opiates and phramaceuticals in general just numb and occlude your perceptions rather than enhancing them.

Quote Originally Posted by WUnded Fox View Post

so imagine seeing this^^^

then ask yourself if it was real. and if its not real, but just an altered state of brain chemistry, then you have to wonder..
    if it is so easy to replace and alter what we hold so sacred and immutable.. "reality"... then is reality such a solid concept?

i mean we say something is real like being "real" is a verification of that thing's existence. an unbreakable objectification of proof. but yet reality is malleable and fragile.

if you spent the rest of you life on a trip, who can tell you its not real? its real to you. so i must be real. right?
    i hate mayo. its my reality. it makes me dry heave an can make me puke just off the taste alone. no matter what you think or like, mayo is disgusting to me. thats my reality. the only reality.

if i feel the presence of God in and around me, thats my reality. the only reality.

realities can overlap and find congruency. then there is also resonance.

we used to play a game while tripping where we would create shared realities. something like illusions and materialize objects out of the ether. pass an imaginary ball around some one would catch it then expand their arms and make it the size of a boulder. on a good trip, we did shit like manifest animals, summon elementals, transport to new locations....

room full of tripped out artists, like completely right brained folks letting loose the creative power on full blast. sometimes these sessions were verbal but the freaky things that happened were when the cues were non verbal. we just got on that wave.
    ya mass hallucinations are definitely possible, i had trips with friends where we would verbalize what we were experiencing and the other people would start 'seeing' it too, or we would force ourselves to see things by talking about them...like you said manifest animals, new locations and stuff.

there probably is a mass human consciousness that we occasionally can tap into with paradigm shifting technologies or new 'really important' ideas that manifest themselves in several locations at once. every society has had religions with creation myths and worship of the sun, because we intuitively understand that the sun is the lynchpin of our existence, of our world's existence.

but ya, reality is flexible and can change depending on a situation; i think our brains acclimate themselves depending on the cirumstances and create a new set of 'operational parameters' for dealing with them. if you're in an office meeting, your perceptions would be wildly different than if you were lost in the woods and needed to kill animals to survive; the type of things you would notice and would perceive as valuable information would entirely change...it might even enhance our sensitivity to aspects of our senses, our hearing, sense of smell, etc. also our conditioning through life will influence our perceptions of reality...if me and a racist sat down and watched an episode of 'the boondocks', we are going to see essentially different shows. if me and some guy from the trap watched an episode of 'doctor who', we are going to see different things.

that video though...that's like going through the stargate like 2001, seeing higher dimensions and the interconnectedness of all things. maybe the only objective reality is the repetition of patterns in nature--from dna to spiral galaxies...some kind of underlying code that just extrapolates itself until it encompasses everything.
    Last edited by Dr. Simon Hurt; 06-09-2010 at 12:15 PM.

regardless of what everyone else on this site says about you pan, u alright with me.
    lol

^^hahaha
    well there it is.
    (gives dap)