Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mortal Kombat: Rebirth

PRODIGAL SUN

Quote Originally Posted by Jin10304 View Post
    /\ Because MK is set in a FANTASY SETTING, there going for a 'Seven'+'MK' style it seems, more realistic...

Scorpions a goddamn ghost from Hell bent on killing Sub-0

Shang Tsung is a 1000+ evil wizard who steals souls of the losers of the tournament on a island set in a different REALM OF EARTH

Baraka is a damn mutant from the same clan as Kitana, not some depressed failed doctor

Reptile is a animal from a race nearing extinction with a human appearance wanting to restore, not some fucking demon baby (although nice reference to his MKII fatality)

Only ones that fit are Jax & Sonya being cops

Where's Outworld?
    yeah you right, but still, at the end of the day, its a movie not the game, hence the title "Rebirth",

i already know its gon get a lot of flack for not being accurate to the video game
    "Da Mysteries of Chessboxin', first of all the word "mystery" means "unknown", you know, and the game of chess is like life, so in reality there is no mysteries to chess, it's just to those who don't understand life"- The GZA

7 Golden Vampirez Poison Flowerz!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thworldisyours View Post
    Now that we potentially have an hard R-Rated MK flick, everybody's bitching that there's not enough fireballs... Insanity...
    Haha

Yo really I'm glad they are doing SOMETHING with MK,, but them doing this is like making a Lord of the Rings set in a pressurized pantry on a Russian space shuttle in 2047

Ultimately though I would be glad with anything MK and would watch it anyway

Veteran Member

Most game-movies at least retain SOME elements from the game though, doesnt matter. At least Resident Evil had zombies, dogs, Lickers and whatnot despite introducing Alice and the underground Hive lab and lack RE characters (at least in the 1st).

Quote Originally Posted by Jin10304 View Post
    /\ Because MK is set in a FANTASY SETTING, there going for a 'Seven'+'MK' style it seems, more realistic...

Scorpions a goddamn ghost from Hell bent on killing Sub-0

Shang Tsung is a 1000+ evil wizard who steals souls of the losers of the tournament on a island set in a different REALM OF EARTH

Baraka is a damn mutant from the same clan as Kitana, not some depressed failed doctor

Reptile is a animal from a race nearing extinction with a human appearance wanting to restore, not some fucking demon baby (although nice reference to his MKII fatality)

Only ones that fit are Jax & Sonya being cops

Where's Outworld?
    You are speaking as if you have seen the entire film. The film hasn't been made. I'm not sure a script has been written. This isn't even a trailer.

This is simply a short film that was made in order to spark interest in a studio to get financing to produce a full-length feature film.

People are complaining about something they dont know anything about because it hasnt been made yet. Who's to say there isn't Outworld? Who's to say Scorpion isnt a demon? Who's to say Shang Tsung isn't an "evil wizard" (as stupid as that sounds)...

And actually, I think they've made Reptile and Baraka infinitely more interesting than they ever were in the games or the first two films. (Reptile was a fuckin velociraptor in the original film)...

And Mortal Kombat Annihilation (the second MK film) was full of the mythology and was probably the stupidest film ever made so...

I dont know... I'd rather see a GOOD FILM than one that's 100% accurate to the video games... I guess I'm stupid like that...

7 Golden Vampirez Poison Flowerz!'s Avatar

Why is Reptile wearing flannel?!! What part of the game is that!!!1!10101011100101

looks pretty dope . better than the first two , hopefully .

Quote Originally Posted by Poison Flowerz! View Post
    Why is Reptile wearing flannel?!! What part of the game is that!!!1!10101011100101
    lmao

I don't like the direction taken on this little vid but I got to admit i was impress by it it was well acted well written(dialogues) and beautifully perform
    gotta love the part at the end where the prisoner says "Hanzo Hassashi is dead my name is Scorpion" that was cool
    Human Instrumentality Project

Sacrificing older life to create a new lifeform blessed with the fruit of life

i think i'm high

it looks like a cool movie

Realness

this looks amazing. I woulda watched the whole movie right then, that trailer was captivating. Jeri Ryan looking good as sonya

Interview with the guy that made it...

http://www.collider.com/2010/06/09/k...-feature-film/

Great movie Pitch and interview. I'm not a big gamer but I use to enjoy playing Mortal Kombat back in the day.
    My new lifestyle brand -http://www.viberael.com @viberael