Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Attention - Newcomers Please Read!!

Exclamation Attention - Newcomers Please Read!!

Since for the past few months the booth has become slow. I am going to try to enforce this rule, hopefully my fellow mods will agree and help with this.

For the new visitors, you must post comments on at least 2 other threads of others peoples music, or else your thread will be deleted.

This is in an attempt to increase the activity of the forum, and hopefully get more constructive criticism from posters. This really only applies if you really plan on staying, this will helps to weed out the random posters who come and go. Again, this is all in order to try increase feedback and get some real buiding going on.

I will leave this thread open for a bit, to hear opinions.
    Last edited by THE MASON; 06-10-2010 at 10:28 PM.

funkmaster general pRoTeChTyAnEcK's Avatar

This is a good idea cause I see alot of ppl seeking praise then dipping out when shit is not to their satisfaction. As an emcee/producer, I came with the mindset of helping others the way I was helped by cats such as 7thgrandmantis, 12welve, M.O.D., & Tha Basement DwellaZ. I'll be the first to admit that I flat out sucked compared to others when I came here, but over time I adjusted cause if ur willing to learn from experience then you will succeed on some level.

If you can't support, you must abort!
    Last edited by pRoTeChTyAnEcK; 06-11-2010 at 01:09 AM.

agreed!!! I know my imput into the forum has sucked the last 6 months but thats pretty much cos of serious personal issues and a lack of decent internet (Im restricted to 1GB a month) but far to many people dump and run, If you cant be bothered to peep or feedback a couple of other joints then why should you expect others to do the same for you. Even if you think what you listened to flat out sucks theres no harm in giving some constructive feedback to help that person cos no matter how good you think you are we all had to start somewhere!!!! Infact i would go as far to say that for every thread you make promoting your music you should have to comment on at least 2 threads tbh it doesnt take long and will help keep the place constructive!!!

I also think "dope shit" shouldnt constitute a proper reply, I could sit here and post that on every thread right now without even listening to a single track, at least say a little about what you like or even dislike about the track. "dope shit" doesnt help anyone improve plain and simple!!

DrunkenMasta303

Quote Originally Posted by 7thgrandmantis View Post
    Infact i would go as far to say that for every thread you make promoting your music you should have to comment on at least 2 threads tbh it doesnt take long and will help keep the place constructive!!!
    cosign! newcomers/oldtimers dont matter...b4 u make a thread u gotta drop som thoughts...

wak

@ 7th
    i say dope shit all the time, some times i dont feel like typing a fuckin mini blog so atleast i acknowledge the artist and his werk with a doope shit
    this is why the fuck this forum is dieing a slow horrible death, too many shemotions and gay rules....IMO

SkamPoe at instagram @kinghippoe
    FOLLOW!!

DrunkenMasta303

im not posting my music in here 4 fun...i MAKE music for fun, but im posting it to improve & get better! posting my shit to get 10 ppl saying ''dope shit'' is a waste of time yo...

plus dope shit is always subjective, i dont want some dude with some wack ass taste calling my music ''dope shit'' LOL

i support this idea!

ture true...im juss sayin...

FOLLOW!!

Quote Originally Posted by SKAM-POPE View Post
    wak

@ 7th
    i say dope shit all the time, some times i dont feel like typing a fuckin mini blog so atleast i acknowledge the artist and his werk with a doope shit
    this is why the fuck this forum is dieing a slow horrible death, too many shemotions and gay rules....IMO

yeah but at the same time you post a lot anyway and often leave your thoughts if you think something is off I know you have said things are off to me in the past and I took them on board and I have been known to post one or two word replys as well, but what i mean by that is if your gonna have a rule where new commers have to post on a number of threads first then you should at least make them post something constructive to proove they listened other wise you will just get "dope shit" and "dope shit" without them listening to a thing and then the spamming continues. It doesnt have to be a mini blog either but something along the lines of "dope shit I love what you did with the drums on the switch" isnt gonna wear out anyones index finger lol. But as I said I only ment that towards the first initial posts, it would be stupid to make rules for every post ever made! Many music forums apply this rule and it seems to work so its worth a try IMO

Skamp, this forum, or at least the Audio Booth has no rules, except in the battle arena, which are just simply guidelines to keep the battles on track. Plus a lot of the vets are always sayin that they dont get enough feedback, this place is dead, or we need a rule to only use box.net (which is one by the way lol).

i agree with 7th, a little more then "dope shit" is needed, especially by the newcomers, so that will get added into the first post. i can be guilty of this, so due to this, i will be a little more leniant with vets of the booth, mostly cause i know them better.

but i think we all agree, that the booth isnt very active. and all this is tryin to do is get feedback out of people, and try to get some more posts going.

@Skamp also, you have done your work and comment on a lot of peoples threads, usually with more then a "dope shit" comment. plus you aint afraid to say shit is wack, what you dislike etc.. so its all peace there.

remember the old days? where if you was actually wack, showed no potential, youd get trashed talked right out with a foot up ya ass?

Forums are just a dying breed in general. Back around 07/08 they were still really active...but myspace took over, and more recently the other social networking sites like Facebook. Honestly, if you can share your music on sites like that, reach more people, and have more control over who you reach...why would artists look at forums as a useful resource??

I'm not trying to knock the forum. I have posted a lot here over the years...I'm just saying, forums are dead, including this one...so rather than trying to save something that's dead already try to find new ways to expand your approach, move on...that is what most of the "vets" you refer to have done. They aren't inactive b/c they don't get enough feedback, that's silly...they are just out trying to hustle on a bigger level, or they have put music on the back burner and gone to other things.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinapse View Post
    Forums are just a dying breed in general. Back around 07/08 they were still really active...but myspace took over, and more recently the other social networking sites like Facebook. Honestly, if you can share your music on sites like that, reach more people, and have more control over who you reach...why would artists look at forums as a useful resource??

I'm not trying to knock the forum. I have posted a lot here over the years...I'm just saying, forums are dead, including this one...so rather than trying to save something that's dead already try to find new ways to expand your approach, move on...that is what most of the "vets" you refer to have done. They aren't inactive b/c they don't get enough feedback, that's silly...they are just out trying to hustle on a bigger level, or they have put music on the back burner and gone to other things.

nikka just tille yesturday wucorp was all u knew...keep it real g

FOLLOW!!

well the way i see it, is that Facebook or forum, the internet is the internet and both are avenues to promote music on. except a forum is easier delegated then something like Facebook and therefore can result in better feedback and criticism from people.

i dont believe i said anything about vets being inactive, im sure some yall check this site out and choose not to post, which is fine. i dont think yall left because of lack of feedback, it was a for whatever reasons, those are yours.

but as a mod of the forum, i HAVE to try at least to bring activity. which is what i am tryin to do.