Thread: Best STONED songs :)

Default Best STONED songs :)

Making a playlist again for when I burn one..

Looking for some good tracks to listen to..

Here's what I have so far

Code:
    Fried Day	4:36	Bizzy Bone	High Life Vol. 1	9	
    Sheep	4:04	Gonjasufi	A Sufi And A Killer	9	
    Roygbiv	2:32	Boards Of Canada	Music Has The Right To Children	2	
    Take Two and Pass	3:18	Gang Starr	Daily Operation	6	
    Rhinestone Eyes	3:20	Gorillaz	Plastic Beach	6	
    Ode To Road Rage	2:49	MF Doom	Venomous Villain	2	80
    Robo Tussin feat. Lil Wayne	3:06	Flying Lotus	OCTOBER 08	12	80
    Madness	4:39	Del The Funky Homosapien	Deltron 3030	2	
    Green to Black	4:22	Rebelution	Courage to Grow	2	
    Weed Song	4:10	Bone Thugs N Harmony		9	
    Camel	2:23	Flying Lotus	Los Angeles	22	
    Lear Jet (Feat. Folk & Stress)	3:26	Blu	(So)ul_Amazing 2		
    Astro Travellin	2:58	Quasimoto	The Unseen	2	
    Vein	4:27	Cannibal Ox	The Cold Vein	1	
    One Evening	3:37	Feist	Let It Die	1	80
    Duel of the Iron Mic	4:05	GZA	Liquid Swords	11	
    Splattitorium	2:59	The Pharcyde	Labcabincalifornia	6	
    Buck Em Down	4:40	Black Moon	Enta da Stage		
    In Flight	6:34	Dam-Funk	Toeachizown	1	
    Terrapin	4:37	Bonobo			
    Life's A Bitch	3:31	Nas	Illmatic	8	
    Eternal Sunshine (the pledge)	6:48	Jay Electronica	StyleWars EP	8	
    Think Twice	3:52	J Dilla	Welcome To Detroit	13	
    Lightworks	1:55	J Dilla	Donuts	18

Your fav. artist's artist fatboybrandon's Avatar

I see some songs on there I neva heard, I'll check em out. Gangstarr' s Take Two & Pass is one of my favorite stoned songs too, not just in the literal sense of talkin about getting blunted but the general feel in the music. Stay Tuned is another.

That's interesting you chose Life's A Bitch, I didn't expect to find it on this list. I guess the song hits people in different ways.

Cypress Hill - Stoned Is The Way Of The Walk, that song/album is my introduction to smoking, back then I was too young to know what it was about in real life. Another is that skit on Niggaz4Life "The shit your listening to is sponsored by mad....mutha fuckas against drunk driving" lol.

Cypress Hill - Everybody Must Get Stoned, Spark Another Owl, This Is Somethin For The Blunted

The Pharcyde - Pass The Pipe
    Redman - Basically
    Nas - Smokin'
    Dr. Dre - The Roach Outro, High Powered
    The Beatnuts - Gimmie The Light, Puffin On A Cloud are great ones!
    Diamond D - Never, On Stage
    Main Source - Just Hangin Out
    Common - Jimi Was A Rock Star

A new one I love: King Reign - Soaring In Heaven feat. Saukrates

and an old one from the late 90's by 13 called "Slow Burnin", produced by Evidence of Dilated Peoples. Samples Meth's voice from the end of 36 Chambers when he said "Roll that shit, light that shit, smoke it"

Last edited by fatboybrandon; 06-12-2010 at 07:29 AM.

I love this song too, the whole Madvilliany album feels like some stoned, blunted vibe I can't explain, I know Madlib's a smoker so that probably the state he was in while he made it.

This one by RZA one of my favorites, it's got a weird vibe to it but more energetic than the others I listed.

KRS-One - I Can't Wake Up off Return of The Boom Bap, crazy stoned, frantic vibe and ill bassline on that song, genius concept by KRS.
    The Luniz - Hypnotize
    Method Man - Tical has an ill vibe to it
    The Beatnuts - Psycho Dwarf, Stone Crazy, Uncivilized and many more
    Mc Eiht - All For The Money, Music To Driveby
    Bounty Killa - Eyes A Bleed feat. Masta Killa
    Tha Alkaholiks - Relieve Yourself
    Sacrface - Mary Jane

Last edited by fatboybrandon; 06-12-2010 at 07:25 AM.

Cypress Hill's whole sound, at least the earlier albums, is designed for smoking. DJ Muggs did a great job getting that real blunted sound for B-Real to spazz over - especially "Black Sunday" and "III - Temples Of Boom" with joints like 'Illusions', 'Strictly Hip-Hop', 'Hits From The Bong', 'I Wanna Get High', 'Spark Another Owl', etc, etc (i saw Brandon already mentioned alot of these songs even).

Method Man's debut "Tical" is great to listen to for some blunt sessions. RZA did a great job there with the raw bassline and claustrophobic atmosphere. same goes for "Liquid Swords" - these 2 albums are the most blunted in Wu-Tang's catalouge to me and always work when you stoned.

"Heavy Mental" by Killah Priest is another one, this shit will have you zoning out like fucking crazy. both the lyrics and production is out of this world and make a perfect match, very different from what you're used to and a nice fat joint will take the listener even further into Priest's mind.

D'Angelo's album "Voodoo" is incredible wheter you're fried or not, but it definitely sounds great when you've been smoking some good shit. not a hip-hop album like that, but has mad influences of hip-hop plus Questlove, J Dilla, DJ Premier was involved in the production besides D himself.

Common with "Like Water For Chocolate", this is like the hip-hop version of "Voodoo" and another masterpiece. Jay Dee produced most of it and i love his sound when i'm stoned (well love it either way but you know what i mean).

The early Da Beatminerz produced Boot Camp Clik album is even iller when you're stoned. "Da Shinin'", "Enta Da Stage" and "Nocturnal" was done on blunted terms :P

then of course there's alot of dope instrumental releases that often works best stoned like Madlib's "Beat Konducta 5-6", Dilla's "Donuts" and Pete Rock's "Petestrumental" to mention a few. i know you asked for songs but i mainly listen to albums and you should definitely try to play some of these front-to-back next time you smoke a fatty.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Quote Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post
    Cypress Hill's whole sound, at least the earlier albums, is designed for smoking. DJ Muggs did a great job getting that real blunted sound for B-Real to spazz over - especially "Black Sunday" and "III - Temples Of Boom" with joints like 'Illusions', 'Strictly Hip-Hop', 'Hits From The Bong', 'I Wanna Get High', 'Spark Another Owl', etc, etc (i saw Brandon already mentioned alot of these songs even).

Method Man's debut "Tical" is great to listen to for some blunt sessions. RZA did a great job there with the raw bassline and claustrophobic atmosphere. same goes for "Liquid Swords" - these 2 albums are the most blunted in Wu-Tang's catalouge to me and always work when you stoned.

"Heavy Mental" by Killah Priest is another one, this shit will have you zoning out like fucking crazy. both the lyrics and production is out of this world and make a perfect match, very different from what you're used to and a nice fat joint will take the listener even further into Priest's mind.

D'Angelo's album "Voodoo" is incredible wheter you're fried or not, but it definitely sounds great when you've been smoking some good shit. not a hip-hop album like that, but has mad influences of hip-hop plus Questlove, J Dilla, DJ Premier was involved in the production besides D himself.

Common with "Like Water For Chocolate", this is like the hip-hop version of "Voodoo" and another masterpiece. Jay Dee produced most of it and i love his sound when i'm stoned (well love it either way but you know what i mean).

The early Da Beatminerz produced Boot Camp Clik album is even iller when you're stoned. "Da Shinin'", "Enta Da Stage" and "Nocturnal" was done on blunted terms :P

then of course there's alot of dope instrumental releases that often works best stoned like Madlib's "Beat Konducta 5-6", Dilla's "Donuts" and Pete Rock's "Petestrumental" to mention a few. i know you asked for songs but i mainly listen to albums and you should definitely try to play some of these front-to-back next time you smoke a fatty.
    im like Claaa7, i mainly will listen to whole albums, especially when im burning one down. i just redded the ones i agree with. which is everything except D Angelo (just never heard that album).

also, just add any of Madlibs work, imo beat tapes/instrumental albums >>>> then anything when stoned. Add Jazzmatazz 1 and 2, Dare iz a Darkside, The Most Beautifulliest Thing

2 other that are my favourites to get smoked out too are MM....Food because with the skits and everything shit is like a movie on wax, and is just a musical adventure. and then Blackstar, the vibes on this album make you sit back and max out

oh and big ups to Fatboy for posting

Beatnuts - criminally underrated on this site.

Quote Originally Posted by claaa7
    Ha, yeah I agree on Heavy Mental especially. I haven't listened to that album in the longest but I remember the weird vibe of it. All the other choices are good, Pete strumentals can put me in a zone too. Beatminerz definitely masters at their craft back in the early 90's

Some albums I remember zoning out to on the 1st listen just because I feel tired when I get home from buying them because I've spent so much time traveling and looking for them. You know the feeling of popping it in while you sit in front of your stereo tired after you got home and just had something good to eat?

O.C. is a mastermind for this one, "Burn Me Slow" produced by Buckwild off his Compositions EP

the original sample, a 70's cut by Patrice Rushen

J Dilla - Night Like This off Ruff Draft puts me in a trance like listening to some psych rock
    De La Soul, Cypress & J Dilla - Peer Pressure
    Gangstarr - Zonin
    Mic Geronimo - Masta I.C.
    Redman - Smoke Buddah off Muddy Waters
    Smif N Wessun - Hallucination
    Extra Prolific of Hieroglyphics - Brown Sugar
    Rappin' Is Fundamental - Hellava Guy feat. Easy Mo Bee
    Alchemist feat. Evidence - Calmly Smoke

Supernatural - "Buddah Blessed It" is a lost gem of 1995, one of my favorite smoke songs ever.

Keep firing, assholes! Mai Wang Tu Phat's Avatar

This:

i'm surprised no one's mentioned Devin The Dude

Quote Originally Posted by Bronze Feet View Post
    i just redded the ones i agree with. which is everything except D Angelo (just never heard that album).
    Bronze my man, i strongly advice you to go listen to D'Angelo's "Voodoo" LP - one of the best albums of the last decade to me. a true masterpiece, shit is so fucking funky and soulful that's it not even funny and D's voice is incredibly smooth. if you like the smoother stuff of Jay Dee and The Roots i think you're gonna love this joint too, even if you're not too into soul and r&b like that (as i said it's very groove-based and hip-hop inspired).

Quote Originally Posted by fatboybrandon View Post
    Some albums I remember zoning out to on the 1st listen just because I feel tired when I get home from buying them because I've spent so much time traveling and looking for them. You know the feeling of popping it in while you sit in front of your stereo tired after you got home and just had something good to eat?
    no doubt man, that's the best feeling. even tho i order alot of my music via the net these days i still try to go and pick up an album or two at the store every once in a while just to get that feeling and the excitement to get home. the younger generation who grew up strictly downloading will never understand that and to be honest i don't think they can truly appreciate music in the same way. i know it's much harder to enjoy an album i only downloaded as opposed to one i bought and can have in my hand, read linear notes, etc.

O.C. is a mastermind for this one, "Burn Me Slow" produced by Buckwild off his Compositions EP

the original sample, a 70's cut by Patrice Rushen

J Dilla - Night Like This off Ruff Draft puts me in a trance like listening to some psych rock
    De La Soul, Cypress & J Dilla - Peer Pressure
    Gangstarr - Zonin
    Mic Geronimo - Masta I.C.
    Redman - Smoke Buddah off Muddy Waters
    Smif N Wessun - Hallucination
    Supernatural - "Buddah Blessed It" is a lost gem of 1995, one of my favorite smoke songs ever.

heavy co-sign on all of these, especially the OC one!!

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Are U Watching Closely? 11th Chamber's Avatar

how are yall missing this classic?

Starvin' individuals kill Tommy's Avatar

Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post
    Bronze my man, i strongly advice you to go listen to D'Angelo's "Voodoo" LP - one of the best albums of the last decade to me. a true masterpiece, shit is so fucking funky and soulful that's it not even funny and D's voice is incredibly smooth. if you like the smoother stuff of Jay Dee and The Roots i think you're gonna love this joint too, even if you're not too into soul and r&b like that (as i said it's very groove-based and hip-hop inspired).

off the strength of Claaa7's knowledge i just bought this, will spin it soon and let you know what i think. thanks for the heads up Claaa7.

Also, add