Thread: Marvin Isley Of The Isley Brothers Died

-

Default Marvin Isley Of The Isley Brothers Died

I just read about this at a tv shows website called Sitcomsonline.com. He was 56 years old. The article i read didn't say how he died but i do know he had diabetes and his legs were amputated. Marvin played bass guitar and he joined the group in the 70's and he left them after Between The Sheets album. He formed a group with members Ernie Isley and Chris Jasper and they called themselves Isley Jasper Isley. They did 3 albums but their biggest hit was Caravan Of Love. 90's rap group Rottin Razkals sampled Caravan Of Love on Hey Alright song. I got Caravan Of Love album and it's alright. I like a few songs on there like Insatiable Woman(Noreaga sampled this on his first album on the song The Way We Live.), Liberation, Caravan Of Love, High Heel Syndrome. RIP Marvin. Ronald Isley recently had a birthday and he's 69 years old.

That's shitty. I grew up on the Isleys. Hell most of us probably did.

So many bodies on my microphone the shit's haunted

-

Yeah it's sad to hear about legendary r&b artists dying. Kelly Isley died in the mid or late 80's i believe. I really felt bad that Marvin Isley lost his legs because of diabetes. You hate to see good people become handicapped especially when they used to be able to walk.

^Curtis Mayfield lost his legs to diabetes also if I'm not mistaken.

-

Naw Curtis lost his legs because a stage light at his concert fell on him. Then again i don't know if he lost his legs but i do know that he was in a wheelchair for the rest of his life after that accident. I felt bad for Teddy Pendergrass too being in a wheelchair for a long time before he died because of a car accident.

^He had to get his right leg amputated from diabetes after that incident happened. Sucks that both of those things happened to him though.

-

Curtis had diabetes too? I didn't know that. Diabetes is one of the leading causes of death for blacks due to bad eating habits. A lot of blacks eat a lot of fried foods and eat salt too. Salt isn't good for you and neither is fried foods. Fried foods is also the reason why a lot of blacks are fat. Too many blacks also drink alcohol and smoke cigarettes and weed which they know isn't good for them. These things will eventually cause you to have bad health when you get older. My dad at times gets on me about my eating habits because i eat a lot of sweets like cookies, apple pie, ice cream. I drink a lot of juice instead of water and he gets on me about that. I don't eat fried foods often but iam guilty of liking hamburgers, fried chicken, sausage, bacon, steak, pork chops.

Lol you basically described me. I gotta quit cigarettes and drinking and start eating better. I don't wanna be the next one.

Crazy Optician.

^^^Im a light drinker, heavy smoker! Need to sort it out! But i always find as soon as i cut one down the other seems to take its place lol

Yea I smoke alot more when I'm drunk.

-

DJSkillz, you should check out these Isley Brothers albums if you haven't heard them.

The Heat Is On
    Harvest For The World
    Go For Your Guns
    Showdown
    Winner Takes All
    Go All The Way
    Grand Slam
    Between The Sheets
    Spend The Night(Ronald Isley's solo album)
    Caravan Of Love(Marvin Isley did this album with Chris Jasper and Ernie Isley. The group was called Isley Jasper Isley.)

The last 2 Isley Brothers albums Body Kiss and Baby Makin Music are wack. Too many damn love songs on those albums and not enough jams. The Isley Brothers made a lot of jams back in the day. After the 80's, they started making more love songs than jams.

Crazy Optician.

SHY-FX did an amazing remix of between the sheets!
    My favourite all time isley track has to be the one that ice cube sampled in "today was a good day"........... "footsteps in the dark" was the isley track name

I gotta give respect to the Isleys cause without them I wouldnt have "Tell Me Something Good" and "One Day" by UGK, I wouldnt have "Big Poppa", I wouldnt have "Today was a Good Day" and alot of other hip hop tracks.

-

UGK's Tell Me Something Good song sampled Rufus and Chaka Khan's Tell Me Something Good. Isley Brothers didn't sing that.