Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Danger Mouse

Default Danger Mouse

Danger Mouse is a fucking crazy producer, he got a very ill way of working with samples and his drums always knocks hard on the shit i heard by him. From like 2006 up to 2008 this was one of the beatmakers that really caught my attention and i thought would be a dominating force in hip-hop within a few years time. "The Mouse & The Mask" is what first caught my attention, incredible album, stands as a great companion to DOOM's work with Madlib around the same time. "Ghetto Pop Life" with Jemini, "The Grey Album", "Demon Days" with Gorillaz are 3 other really well produced and extremely enjoyable LP's imo. then of course "St. Elsewhere" and "The Odd Couple" with Cee-Lo, really alternative and original music that can be enjoyed by almost anyone i believe. Cee-Lo's soulful voice (one of the best in the game) and DM's crazy dope production work was just something else, a real powerful duo.

but since then i kinda lost track on what he's been doing, i see he produced alot of albums for a wide array of different artists; from Beck to Martina Topley Bird and The Black Keys. so i figured i'd use this thread to let y'all express your opinion on if what's worth checking out of those and how much of the Danger Mouse sound and vibe from the records i mentioned above that is present on these.

also i read on Wikipedia that there's been talk about a collaborative album between Black Thought and DM. probably won't happen but that really would be something!

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

he's ill, mouse and mask was crazy, and remember the joint crazy for gnarls barkley that shit was hot as fuck

ghost would rip it 24/7 on his beats

I'm really fucking with the Broken Bells; the joint he did with dude from the Shins. I never fucked with the Shins, but I'm feeling this shit. The whole album you can but on and just vibe to, real laid back shit.

Last edited by RandyP; 06-15-2010 at 01:01 AM.

I still haven't heard much material from him. I've mainly only heard Danger Doom and his shit w/ Gnarls Barkley.

So many bodies on my microphone the shit's haunted

Quote Originally Posted by RandyP View Post
    I'm really fucking with the Broken Bells; the joint he did with dude from the Shins. I never fucked with the Shins, but I'm feeling this shit. The whole album you can but on and just vibe to, real laid back shit.

nice man, peace for sharing that. i've been getting alot of mails about this joint since i subscribed to a Gnarls Barkley mailing list when "The Odd Couple" dropped. i have yet to check it tho but i'm definitely going too now. what type of vibe is it on there?? similair to Gnarls Barkley or is it more a rock sound to it? i always love when DM fucks with kinda big beat drums that knocks like a hip-hop record even on rock songs.

i listened to the albums he produced with Beck and Martina Topley Bird yesterday and today, respectively. both got some ill moments and a few times where DM's vintage production style shines through but i doubt i will listen to them again any time soon. Broken Bells on the other hand is more of a real DM project/group so i can imagine that having more of his sound to it.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

ya id say broken bells and Gnarls are the groups he has the most creative control in.

Your fav. artist's artist fatboybrandon's Avatar

I haven't heard hardly anything from him yet, but I'll check more of it out now.

I think when I first started to hear about him there was a trend of experimental remix albums by up and coming producers going on and I might have had my mind on some other music. I've started to open my mind up about these types of artists over the years and learn how to listen more.

Danger mouse is a fucking genius.
    "Die before you die."-Prophet Muhammad (Pbuh)

Ozmosis X Big Pun: The Punisher

[+]Facebook [+]Bandcamp [+]SoundCloud [+]Tumblr

CORNED BEEF SAMMICH manhattan360's Avatar

Dam i havent heard the name in a minute didnt know he did all that stuff just rmeber mf doom and the jemini the gifted stuff he did
    GIFSoup

Visit the Site Peace
    http://www.themathhattan.com/

dangermouse name go LONG

I got a lot of his product around the house

I got that Gemini album

I got the grey album

I gots mouse and the mask

I got that beck shit

I got the cee-lo shit

I got the occult hymn

Danger mouse name go long

Quote Originally Posted by RandyP View Post

great album, one of the best this year.

danger mouse is in my top producer list for demon days alone.

SHAOLIN STUDENT

Quote Originally Posted by Infinity View Post
    dangermouse name go LONG

I got a lot of his product around the house

I got that Gemini album
    I got the grey album
    I gots mouse and the mask
    I got that beck shit
    I got the cee-lo shit
    I got the occult hymn

Danger mouse name go long

Co-sign

Moreso been digging that Broken Bells record. flawless from start to finish.
    same goes with modern guilt...... but i'm a Beck fan so..... i enjoy the acoustic album too.

The Smell of The Future LORD NOSE's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Urban_Journalz View Post
    Danger mouse is a fucking genius.
    Co Sign -

IMO Gnarls Barkley is his greatest work - his skills really stand out on those 2 albums - enough for me to compare those albums to Stevie Wonders works
    my uncle wanted to fight me after saying that

hahahaha I co-sign ur unk
    aint nobody seeing stevie.stevie can't see and so he got one up already. you gotta be blind to see stevie on some competition. blind or the new messiah.LOLOLOL

dangermouse sick as fuck tho thats for sure