Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Irie 1 - Liberate My Madness!! New album is available now!!!

funkmaster general pRoTeChTyAnEcK's Avatar

Got 5 of these off @ the Killah Priest show. Had my first online sale today...Peace 2 the homie C.D. in France.

Quote Originally Posted by menes View Post
    waitin on mah copies... peace!

lookin forward to hearing this. im hopin it arrives soon

Props fam thats an official lookin' product.. still bumpin' this in the wip! How many units youve sold so far?

Quote Originally Posted by ClymaX View Post
    Props fam thats an official lookin' product.. still bumpin' this in the wip! How many units youve sold so far?

Thanks for showing the album some love fam! Appreciate you coming thru on the mastering process.

I've only sold 6 units since the Priest show. Kinda just been kicking back for the holiday week cause I been busy as hell for awhile. Had to do a cover & verse for Mental Order, drop a verse for pro.Graveface's Short Ninja EP, a beat battle with Rino, worked on a collab tape w/ M.O.D. and laced several beats for an upcoming LP with Bronze Feet. Also have a collab ep coming out with Acee-Ville who is an artist signed with 2Mex's(The Visionaries/Strange Famous) label, "Grimm Image Records".
    Last edited by pRoTeChTyAnEcK; 07-05-2010 at 02:31 PM.

http://www.rap4fame.de/thread38150.html

If you can read German or find a good translator then u can check this review of my album. Props to Kilian aka SnoopFrog for hooking up his honest opinion everytime. Keeps me motivated to do better on the next one. Scroll down and you'll see a link to the "Irie-1 Meets The Man With 12 Faces" review as well.

P.E.A.C.E

I was lost in space time for awhile but am now back
    ... with 2 of these
    ninjastarz
    awaiting me on arrival...

the packaging is extravagent IRIE, respekt to top qaulity
    and BLESS g, i loved what i saw thank you
    GOIN IN!
    DOWNLOADALBUMZ!

YO i as well just got my product, shit looks real official. big ups irie!! imma give this a run down tonight, and i will def be coming through with a review, track by track!! peace man

upcoming LP with Bronze Feet
    i was blessed by Irie aka John Lenin and yall will be blessed by the Norhtern Alliance soon!

also, thanks for the shout out in the cover Irie, much respect for that!!

and can you upload the cover? when i ripped it to my computer it didnt rip any info with it, just so i can paste it into the file?

Fame and Hype is a fuckin classic hip hop track!! beat is sick and matches the lyrics

thats all for now

someone got like the whole album up

Quote Originally Posted by Bronze Feet View Post

someone got like the whole album up
    Yeah, I saw that cause one of my homies out this way told me. Definitely unavoidable, but it's cool cause it is like free promotion. Some blog called Freestyle Madness bootlegged my last lp w/ graphics and everything. I feel so popular now...lol.

lol well they must be from WTC, hopefully they bought a copy

yo big ups on this album fam, im on spin two and really dug the vibe of the whole thing, i might write that review now lol.

i was looking for a link to buy the album and i came across this : ______________
    Last edited by dad; 08-10-2010 at 04:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RuggedSounds View Post
    i was looking for a link to buy the album and i came across this :...............
    Purchase thru paypal here:
    http://www.knowthenames.com/blog/?p=243
    -----------------
    Well, hopefully heads will want to cop the real thing instead of d/ling it off some website. As long as they aren't reselling my album then I'm cool cause like I said, it's unavoidable.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronze Feet View Post
    lol well they must be from WTC, hopefully they bought a copy

yo big ups on this album fam, im on spin two and really dug the vibe of the whole thing, i might write that review now lol.
    They had to have bought it cause I don't know anybody from my area that goes on this site.
    Last edited by pRoTeChTyAnEcK; 08-10-2010 at 04:34 PM.

here it goes:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Im rather familiar with Irie 1's catalogue of music from beat tapes to full length LP's I have gained a solid perspective on this emcee/producer and his intentions with concepts of sound and lyrics. Liberate My Madness is an example of how music translates into art with a wide range of concepts and lyrical demonstrations. Big ups to Varan for the artwork, and big ups to Clymax for mastering.

Infinite Levels - Dope intro to an album, pro.grave came with a real hype beat. the video game sounds are well used, plus it works with the concept of the track. Feelin the energy of emceeing on this one, Irie strats the tracks off proper and Bootface follows up.

Keep It Rollin - Dope, dope beat. I remember this released on one of your beat tapes. i was itching to rock it myself. Huessin Fatal kills this track, on point flow and tight lyrics. Feeling the chorus on this one. Irie drops a sick verse on this one, high energy and flow is in the pocket. Maylay Sage has a dope voice and flows rather effortlessly over the beat, and lyrically beasts it. One of my favourites on the album.

Golden Dayz - The flow from Keep It Rollin to this track is sick, the beats have similar sound but change the whole vibe and flow of the album. Irie and Micro both drop dope verses, flowing proper over the beat. This track has more personal tones to it, and in my opinion are the tracks Irie sounds best on throughout this album.

Sometimes - I personally liked this track a lot. Micro straight beasted this track and Irie had a tight verse. The chorus spits real truth to it, and this one of the more "catchy" tracks on the album.

Fame and Hype - Best track on the whole album in my opinion. Overall, it is Irie's best display of emceeing from lyrics to flow to energy (not to say the rest of the album is lacking). The guests also follow up by dropping verses that help portray the story being told on this track. The beat also accurately represents the imagery of the lyrics. Classic hip hop joint!!

True Heads - Nice joint with this one. Hype beat and dope lyrics, straight up battle emceeing on this track. And it was nice to hear a solo track from Irie. I think he demostrated he can carry a whole track on here with a catchy chorus to go along with straight hip hoppin!

Mi Viejo - I like how the Irie changes enegry throughout the verse, and accents parts that need certain tones, like the last lines progress to get more aggressive and hype. Micro enters real crazy!! really enjoyed his verse on this one. This is another favourite of mine, 12welve came with a nice beat and the emceeing is on point. "Copycats roam free/ no conscious of concept/ to get rich and famous/ never the object"

Kingdom Come - Damn, i heard that gods and monsters sample on another Irie beat, real sample. This is another personal type track with a more uptempo sound to it. Both Irie and Micro drop dope verses, on lyric from Irie is far from a lie "peep my work ethic strong/ i dont need to be a slave", with the amount of material from Irie that i have, i will say he is one of the hardest workin cats i know.

Your Eyes - Sick beat!! Prime Music came through with another dope ass beat for this track. Vibe of the whole track has a darker feel to it, Irie drops a nice verse, opens up real ominous and has dope visuals to it. Micro has a murderous flow to this one, just stabbin the beat.

Black Roses - When i first heard this beat on the Werewolf Breakz Tape, i wasnt the biggest fan. But with an emcee on it, it sounds much better. Irie delivers another dope verse expressing personal tones which work with the sound of the beat. Its a dope outro track to a dope album.

Overall: Liberate My Madness is a really solid LP. Irie delivers both top notch emceeing and production. The whole album is filled with conceptual tracks, visual lyricism and bangin production. Sound quality is official, and is mastered really well, big ups to Clymax. My critic for the album are that i would have liked more solo tracks from Irie, while the features all add to the album, i think a few more indiviual Irie tracks were needed. This album was well worth my money, and noticed lots of growth in Irie as an emcee on this album. Keep building and elevating, PEACE