Veteran Member

Default groups that imploded at the height of their careers

pharcyde
    Da Universal Magnetic Bitch Oppressor

"Oppressing bitches individually and in groups since 1976"

tribe?

Wu Vatican

wu tang
    The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.

Your fav. artist's artist fatboybrandon's Avatar

Yeah that's kinda tragic what happened with Pharcyde, even though members are doing well and touring nowadays. I was just listening to a radio show where they spoke about the excessive drug use that affected things.

cap: yeah, I guess you could say Tribe, I remember Phife's solo album after he broke off and he was taking shots at the other group members. I think they had announced an official breakup before time, but still it was a sudden blow to hip hop.

EPMD's The Hit Squad
    Death Row Records

good one.

Binary Star - one classic album they they bicker and break up before they are even known outside of Michigan. onebelo and senom silla couldn't get along i guess. Too bad.

NWA?

Rage Against the Machine - may have been their time. Still wish zach de la rocha stayed with the group and did another couple albums.

The Firm - Nas AZ Foxy Cormega (later replaced by Nature). If they had kept the original 4 and had more production from Dr. Dre and trackmasters this could have been an elite super group. Instead they started bitching and fighting before the first album even dropped. Can't remember why cormega was kicked out...

Hieroglyphics - 3rd eye vision and full circle came too far apart. Group had a lot more potential but it all fizzled out. Only Del has had a good solo career. Casual, pep love, domino and some of the others were capable of doing their own thing....overall the whole thing kind of imploded

Fugees - Wyclef, Lauren hill, pras, .....The Score was their last real album together as far as i know. Would have been nice if they did another album like that. It ended too quickly.

Gunz N Roses - I've always wished for more albums like Appetite for Destruction. Axle, Slash all these egos....the double album that came out in like '91 was too far astray from their original formula. Still a classic rock band of my youth!!

Smashing Pumpkins - Corgan was a genius. This group came out with some brilliant music. Seems like it didn't last long enough.

Bone Thugz N Harmony - when eazy E died, and then their producer DJ U-Neek went to jail, it was over from there. Bizzy supposedly spent a long time in jail too. I always wished for another E1999 eternal. Although it seems the group is for the most part back together on some soft shit now.

Munching eyes since 1989 Edgar Erebus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sense-A View Post
    The Firm - Nas AZ Foxy Cormega (later replaced by Nature). If they had kept the original 4 and had more production from Dr. Dre and trackmasters this could have been an elite super group. Instead they started bitching and fighting before the first album even dropped. Can't remember why cormega was kicked out...
    He signed with Def Jam instead of listening to Stoute and signing with Columbia.

Public Enemy. They were international megastars in beginning of '92 with such hits as Shut Em Down and Arizona, few months later they were on verge of breakup with Flavor in rehab and Bomb Squad falling apart.
    "The Devil is not the Prince of Matter; the Devil is the arrogance of the spirit, faith without smile, truth that is never seized by doubt. The Devil is grim because he knows where he is going, and, in moving, he always returns whence he came."

Non-Phixion

"The Future Is Now" is pretty much a classic, had their follow up album "The Nuclear Truth" been completed and released it may have solidified them as legends.

But thanks to Goretex being a douchebag and alienating just about everyone he ever worked with, three dope groups were put on indefinite hiatus.

The other groups being Circle of Tyrants & Secret Society.

Here is the only snippet ever released from the sessions that would have become "The Nuclear Truth"...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9dA7UnCoD0

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    Thanks for your hate hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Omc

Starvin' individuals kill Tommy's Avatar

The Fugees basically define this thread.

^They're still together.

Good point.

Veteran Member

Starvin' individuals kill Tommy's Avatar

What about Main Source? Surprised nobody's mentioned them.