Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Amazing Spider-Man Official Thread

Look, they could make a five super hero movies a year and get people to see them if they had a plot, decent actors, and special effects that aren't cheap or distractingly over the top. Everyone likes spider man, and the last one didn't do it for me. Spider Man came out in 2002 and even at the tender age of 10 I thought it was pretty shitty even though everyone raved about it. But I still saw 2 and 3 because let's be honest, I like Spiderman. Did I think they abused the source material? Yup. Did I think that Tobey Maguire is a pussy, and that everyone else was an equally shitty actor? Yup. Did I think Daredevil was better (shudders) yup. I thought a movie starring Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner was a better movie. Why? Bullseye was comparably a gritty ass legitimate comic book villain. Green Goblin? Why can't they just retcon him out with Hobgoblin who was legimately scary and insane... It's not like anyone would get pissed if you combine the three goblins into one legitimate The Joker level villain. Heath Ledger was a good actor, but I think his script as Joker was what did it for me. Shit was dark, a little bit crazy, and worse, kind of made sense...

I don't care if it's true to book because the early stuff was explicitly written for kids, but I want something with a certain feeling when it's over. It's like you don't see them choosing the riddler or penguin for Batman, they chose the realest grittiest villains for him. Ra's Al Ghul is gritty. Joker? Scary. Two face? Tragic, gritty, and bad ass in an evil version of Dirty Harry way.
    Last edited by TheBoarzHeadBoy; 07-14-2010 at 11:25 AM.
    HANKERING FOR SOME BEEF CURTAINS

{>____<}

Am I the only one who loves Spider-man 3? Honestly, I thought it was a great movie. The ending was sad, though, but good. I remember on May 4, 2007 after I saw it in theaters, I felt great...and I wait seven days to see it again. I believe that if Sony Pictures would've allowed Sam Raimi to continue the franchise, Spider-man 4 would've been just a good, maybe even better.

Again, this weak ass reboot is bullshit.
    Loyalty is Royalty. Strength and Loyalty

first shot of him in the costume

i like the skinnier look. i think this will be cool. i have a feeling it will be darker too. just a hunch. but i need more wise cracks and lets see some more nerdiness out of P.P. too.

if dude uses his "the Soc. Net." character as a base to build off of he'll be on point for Spidey.

Quote Originally Posted by El Don View Post
    I haven't seen this guy in anything but looking at the pic he seems like a fine choice, I can see him as peter parker.
    lmao u big chunk of gay u

SkamPoe at instagram @kinghippoe
    FOLLOW!!

lol, Skamp you saw the gay in my words

tell me iz da gayz always on ya mind?

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
    Method Man

Quote Originally Posted by STYLE View Post
    i like the skinnier look. i think this will be cool. i have a feeling it will be darker too. just a hunch. but i need more wise cracks and lets see some more nerdiness out of P.P. too.

if dude uses his "the Soc. Net." character as a base to build off of he'll be on point for Spidey.
    cosign all of this

Quote Originally Posted by STYLE View Post
    lets see some more nerdiness out of P.P. too.
    Maybe your nerd levels differ from mine but Tobey Maguire pretty much nailed it as a complete and utter nerd, so much so that it seemed even lamer that he remained that way long after gaining spider powers.

Method Man

Quote Originally Posted by El Don View Post
    Maybe your nerd levels differ from mine but Tobey Maguire pretty much nailed it as a complete and utter nerd, so much so that it seemed even lamer that he remained that way long after gaining spider powers.
    spidey is supposed to be a genius right?

parker was on par with tony stark in terms of intelligence he just didn't have the bank account. when i say nerd i mean lets see him make some shit or not be so fucking slow to figure out what's going on like the last series.

like when he found the piece of symbiote...why did he need to take it in to someone else. true to form spidey woulda snuck into the lab after hrs and analyzed it himself.

see where i'm going with this?

Ok, so you want to see more of Peter Parker the scientist, I see now. Well I suppose that is something to see more of but for me definately he needs to be more cocky as Spider-Man, the previous flicks really failed at delivering that.

Method Man

^ya he wasn't cocky or funny at all in the raimi films; in the comics he's sarcastic and jokey even as peter parker to an extent (as well as being neurotic and paranoid)...hopefully the screenwriters of the new film have a better handle on parker's character...i'd really like to see something along the lines of bendis' take on spidey (ultimate spider-man is one of the only comics that will actually make you laugh at loud and still kick ass), but we'll see what happens.

I'm thinking this picture is after he caught the burglar/uncle ben's murderer, and this is the underdevloped spidey suit from his wrestling days (lol)
    Last edited by Dr. Simon Hurt; 01-13-2011 at 11:33 PM.

pretty elaborate for a wrestlin suit eloels.

this is what i meant, but you're right that was after he wrestled that guy

yeah that was spideys Xfactor- he'd humiliate you while fucking you up which made you mad which got you fucked up even worse.

i like the texture of the suit much more on point, however the hand detail in the costume seems weird, like the red/blue shape

Throw Ya W's Up!
    Propz To Sean For Kickin' The God A Siggy