Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Pharoahe Monch off his upcoming album W.A.R.

Veteran Member

Default New Pharoahe Monch off his upcoming album W.A.R.

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/i...pharoahe-monch
    Featuring Mela Machinko and produced by Diamond D

SAY What?!!! pharoahe and diamond together again, on a Duck Down release. this is getting a spin before the night over. mad props for this fam! one of the best MC's of all time with one of the illest beatmakers of all time (altho he's been a little hit-or-miss lately).

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

one of the most anticipated album releases for me.

So many bodies on my microphone the shit's haunted

eh, this is a Diamond D beat?

eeh, this is a ILL Diamond beat, reminds me of the one he gave for Edo G on the Pete Rock project in '04. it's simple but that rolling bassline is buzzing, and the drums knocks again. the 5 tracks Diamond produced (that got released) between 2009 and 2010 shows me that he's officially back!! (after some decent only releases in early to mid-'00s).

Pharoahe and D got a great chemistry together, i think this is the 6th or 7th collaboration they did together and they all work very well together. originally "W.A.R." was supposed to be produced in whole by Diamond but as it is now it won't but hopefully they'll make an album together in a near future instead.

As far as MCing, Pharoahe is still one of the absolute illest, he doesn't spit with the energy on "Internal Affairs" but this reminds me more off his work on "Desire" - a lil' more laidback, but still delivered with more clever messages and that distinctive voice that commands you to listen. also remember that this is the first single so my bet is that most of the album will be alot more R.A.W. the only complaint i got on this song is that the chorus doesn't fit in perfectly from jump but it gets better on each listen.

i'm hyped as hell for this project, i got a strong feeling this will be his best work since the solo debut - the fact that it's released through Duck Down (who gives the artists a whole lot of creative freedom which is always a great thing). as for the song, on 3 spins i'd give it a 4/5.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

sick joint
    I'm the Greatest Scientifically Inclined Mind Since Einstein!!!!

-

This new album of his is probably gonna suck like his last album Desire. I was so disappointed in Desire especially when you consider how tight Internal Affairs album is.

The xylophones or whatever those are in the beat grated my ears a bit but I'm listening through computer speakers atm so can't say it was really a proper listen. Pharoah is killin as usual. An MC who's cd's I always purchase even when the money is extra tight.

Desire is a lot better album than some on here give it credit for. I think there's a certain maturity level you need to be at to really appreciate it so its not surprise CJ here hates it.

On Tuesday, July 13th, fans in the New York Tri-State area can catch Pharoahe Monch performing live at BB KINGS alongside Boot Camp Clik artists Sean Price, Buckshot, Smif N Wessun, Top Dog & Louisville of O.G.C., along with Kidz In The Hall, Skyzoo, Marco Polo, Torae, and special guests Talib Kweli, Havoc of Mobb Deep, Pete Rock, Styles P, Masta Ace, Jean Grae, Donnis & more. Music by DJ Evil Dee. Hosted by Angela Yee & Amanda Diva
    Why o' why don't shows go down like that around here??? I know the answer "Its nowhere near NY stupid!" but damn that's too sick a line up to not be a lil' jealous.

Support the Real. Click HERE

Fresh 2 Deff

hahaha @ CJ.
    what the fuck are you talking about?. Desire was a hella tight album.

smh.

I never understood the hate towards Desire.

Fresh 2 Deff

^ i don't blame ya, i don't understand. i guess some people just hate dope music. idk

Some fans are just picky. Most were butthurt cause it wasn't Internal Affairs Part II but that doesnt make it a bad album.

Fresh 2 Deff

haha. IA was the shit no doubt, but Desire was a fresh blast of air for me. i really dig this side of PM. IAII or not Desire was DOPE hands down!

Co-sign. The lyrics on Desire were crazy. What It Is, Free, When the Gun Draws, Let's Go, Agent Orange, I could go on for days.

Poet Of The Streets

Desire is a lot better album than some on here give it credit for. I think there's a certain maturity level you need to be at to really appreciate it
    no doubt, its definitley more "grown folks" sounding than most rap. I played this joint for ona my homies when it dropped after the first spin he was like im not feelin it, I told em yeah its different, more grown, but jus vibe with it, spun it again and he was feelin it.