Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Capone-n-noreaga-war report 2 review

Did SPK sample Live On Live Strong 1 for the Part 2? Sounds like it.. One of my fav tracks on the album. 10/10 considering how much they have grown and how older they are.. they took it back with this.

Veteran Member

Yes they sampled part of the first in the chorus

Right, I'm gonna be totally honest here... this is the first CNN album I've ever listened to and fuck me, it's BANGIN'!!!

I've never had any desire to listen to any CNN or solo Nore albums before but thought I'd check this one just because it dropped on Rae's label and had a few Rae appearances. I DL'ed it on friday )it's not out in the UK til 8th Aug) and been bangin' it ever since, fuck me I've been sleeping on these dudes!!

If Nore is on point lyrically like this on previous CNN albums then I've seriously gotta do some diggin' into their back catalogue. I dunno why, but CNN have just never caught my attention before (partly because I find Capone's voice a lil off-putting, but even Pone camr through HEAVY on this joint!)

Almost every track is fuckin bangin, and considering alot of the joints are by no-name producers (or atleast I havent heard of 'em) they brought the fuckin' FIRE!!!!

I need some recommendations on where to go from here... obviously the original War Report album, but what else...?

Peace!

well you can say dats my second cnn album
    i still got my melvin flynt da hustler tape from back in the day (think it dropped the same time forever did)
    melvin flynt is a classic-fuckin love that album; the skits ...man i love that pidgeon skit lmao
    war report 2 could easily be 2010's hottest album

what other cnn albums should i check?
    think i downloaded some new album a year or two ago (may have been a mixtape) dat didnt impress me

Channel 10 was dope but this is a definite step up. Its overall more focussed in terms of lyrical content and production style, and most of all, its from the heart. I hope they keep putting albums out at this rate (every year and a half or so) cos I think they have some of their best work ahead of them. You know what? this album is real. I mean in a way most new artists are 'real' in their way like Kanyes ego, Drakes unflinching honesty but this album is really old school real. It takes you back to the 90s when albums like this came out every other week. The album just has straight up hard beats, lyrics about living in the hood and its problems. Its vivid. Theres nothing hollywood about this album or anything CNN has done together. This joint is real hip hop. I feel like i'm trying to sell this shit on QVC. fuck it - buy now for the low low price of 9.99! (9.99 postage, some songs may feature Nore saying 'what what')

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

This joint dropped ten years ago today. I remember I could not wait for this album to come out.

This was as good as their first album to me. Definitely much better than Channel 10 and slightly better than The Reunion.

Classic East coast album to me. It was good Raekwon got involved with how this album came together. (Unless I'm misremembering that?)

CNN's got a pretty strong catalog. Lessons was dope too. It's only Channel 10 I don't like that much. Their What Up 2 Da Hood is solid for a mixtape too.

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

Yeah. What Up 2 Da Hood was actually supposed to be their Def Jam album, but they dropped Capone and kept Noreaga

Peace CT

Banging from start to finish. I think I would only skip the Faith track and that wasn’t even all that bad. Usually the part 2 thing doesn’t work but not the case here. Summer anthem for me and doesn’t feel like 10 years ago. Crazy. Peace