Thread: Announcing Blu: Her Favorite Colo(u)r + The Godlee Barnes LP

Default Announcing Blu: Her Favorite Colo(u)r + The Godlee Barnes LP

i have some great news for all blu fans out there:

Ever since he burst onto the scene in 2007 with the widely acclaimed Exile collaboration Below The Heavens, L.A. rapper Blu has been hailed as the most promising up-and-comer hip-hop has seen in years. With his cool L.A. demeanor and intricate lyrical musings, Blu blew a breath of fresh air into a stale SoCal hip-hop scene, leading hip-hop tastemakers like HipHopDX and XXL to name him one of the genre’s top newcomers.

After releasing collaborations with Detroit’s Ta’Raach and L.A. producer Mainframe, Blu attracted the attention of Warner Brothers, which will release his first major label album next year. Lately, the internet has been buzing about Her Favorite Colo(u)r, his unreleased solo debut. Initially available as a low-quality download from Blu’s myspace, HFC is finally mixed and mastered, and will be in stores everywhere on August 24, 2010. In addition, the album will be packaged with a bonus disc featuring another unreleased Blu masterpiece, The Godlee Barnes LP.

“Every project I approach, I don’t want it to sound like anything else,” explains Blu. Her Favorite Colo(u)r certainly doesn’t sound like anything the rapper has released in the past. With love-themed movie quotes drifting in and out and Blu’s heartbreak raps sitting atop his own mellow production, HFC is the most distinct and cohesive album the young star has released to date. Equally impressive is Blu’s talent behind the boards, as both Her Favorite Colo(u)r and The Godlee Barnes LP are self-produced. “I feel like I’m going to be producing a lot longer than I’ll be rapping,” says Blu. For now, fans can be thankful he’s doing both.

the godleebarnes lp = easily top 3 album of the year so far. when it gets remastered and mixed properly...

source:
    http://nature-sounds.net/2010/07/ann...vorite-colour/

preorder:
    http://www.undergroundhiphop.com/sto...&UPC=NSR0146CD

Nice. I just got Her Favorite Colo(u)r today but yet to listen to it.

cool, these were available for free download on his myspace page, got them last year I think, but the whole albums was one single audio file, so I didn't manage to listen to it all til this day

"Can't believe you on the canvas, I'm just throwin jabs" - Inspectah Deck

Blueminati

definitely copping this when it hits stores.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    Thanks for your hate hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

does anyone know if there are any blu concerts happening in near future?

blu must be one of the hardest working people at the moment in the hip hop industry. it's hard to get a word from him. he hasn't updated his blog since may 27th, almost the same goes for his twitter and myspace accounts.

what do you think about blu and fashawn collabo album over exile beats?
    or blu and peedi crakk over roots' beats?
    that would have been dope imo.

Blu spit that Dylon, too dope, I'm actually not a fan of his mixtapes that much but Below the Heavens is incredible, his verses on Roots album were really dope

expect much from this album

via blu's twitter:

"HerFavoriteColo(u)r"WillNotBeReleased ContraryToPopularBelief PleaseSpreadTheWord Bless

damn.

Been looking to buy this CD everywhere on the internet, but daaaamn... I hope there'll at least be a re-release like for Below The Heavens, which I'm proud to have the original release of.