Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bill Cosby Should Look At Poor Unemployed Blacks Situation Differently

-

Default Bill Cosby Should Look At Poor Unemployed Blacks Situation Differently

After reading his book again Come On People, i started to realize that Bill isn't really thinking realistically about why there's so many blacks that are unemployed. It's not easy to find a job and he should know that. I know there's poor unemployed blacks that want a job and i know they're trying to get one and they can't. I don't think most of them like being on welfare and getting food stamps like white people will make you believe. You can have a education and still can't get a job because that's how tough it is to get a job. You can go to a job dressed up wearing the right clothes and speaking proper and still don't get a job. Whether Bill wants to realize it or not, you still have some jobs that discriminate against blacks. I tried getting a job at Burger King before and the supervisor said he was gonna call me and he didn't. I hate being desperate trying to get a job working anywhere when i can't get the job i want. But that happens sometimes when you don't have a high education like myself. I didn't go to college because i don't like school. I was lucky i finished high school because my grades wasn't really all that great but i think i graduated on time because i never gave my teachers any problems and i always did my homework.

Bill also needs to realize that poor unemployed blacks hustle for a living and get involved in criminal activity because they can't get a job. That's just the way it is. I bet if Bill was to go to every hood in america and ask black men that are criminals, do they really wanna sell drugs, rob banks and gangbang to get money, they would probably tell him no. Then again they might say yes because they get a lot of money but that money doesn't last long because you can get killed or go to prison.

"cause the problem is gonna exist even after Bill Cosby's dead" - Jay Electronica

{>____<}

It's because Bill Cosby doesn't understand what really goes on in black communities of today. Things are a lot different now than they were 30 years ago.
    Loyalty is Royalty. Strength and Loyalty

The Smell of The Future LORD NOSE's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    But that happens sometimes when you don't have a high education like myself.

I didn't go to college because i don't like school. I was lucky i finished high school because my grades wasn't really all that great but i think i graduated on time because i never gave my teachers any problems and i always did my homework.

It's Not that hard to get a job

sleepless in basedworld ALCATRAZ's Avatar

bill cosby is just an old black man. thats what he is.

Platypi on the swarm!! RUSHING PLATYPUS's Avatar

Why are so many of your threads about what other people "should" do? Are you a preacher?

Some people do like the life of crime.

{>____<}

Quote Originally Posted by check two View Post
    Some people do like the life of crime.
    Well, that's because it's easier.

Loyalty is Royalty. Strength and Loyalty

Irondan 2: Curly's Gold Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster's Avatar

Look, Charles, I usually love your opinions and find you very entertaining, but don't you bring Bill Cosby into this.

Cosby is the man. Don't any of you faggots forget it. Uptown Saturday Night? forget it.
    --youreallfags.

Quote Originally Posted by Tectrus Moa View Post
    I'm sorry? Negro English? I think you mean Ebonics.

Quote Originally Posted by Tectrus Moa View Post
    It's because Bill Cosby doesn't understand what really goes on in black communities of today. Things are a lot different now than they were 30 years ago.
    Yeah, you're right. His generation had even more struggles to deal with than today's generation.

The "problem" is that Bill Cosby remembers when shit was fucked up. Now shits just difficult. As someone who succeeded when shit was raw he has no sympathy for a youth he sees as a punch of pussy fagots.

Its the same regardless of culture. We all know our grandparents had it a hell of a lot harder then we do, and as a result we're spoiled to an extent. But their grandparents said the same shit to them. Why? Because life has been getting progressively better at a rapid pace in the last few hundred years.

I know I'm going to be bitching about the non verbal communication arrays built into my grandson's brain and how I can't operate that shit. "Back in my day we had to type out our messages before we sent them to each other and we felt damn lucky we had that shit because I was alive before we even had texting." and he'll be like "Grampy, I don't know how you guys could stay in touch with all that typing." and I'll be like "And I had to drive to school both ways up hill in the snow." And he'll be like "You didn't have teleportation and control of the weather?" and I'll be like "You little fagots have it so God damn easy."
    HANKERING FOR SOME BEEF CURTAINS

-

LOL@Tony Danza hahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Sunny Winters, it is difficult to get a job. What are you talking about? Didn't you read what i said when i said i tried to get a job at Burger King and they didn't hire me? I tried getting a job at a grocery store here called Shoppers Food Warehouse as a night stocker and they didn't hire me. It's easy for people to say that unemployed blacks could work at a fast food place, Walmart, Target, grocery store but it isn't easy to get hired at those places. Bill Cosby needs to be realistic and stop saying that poor blacks should wanna have a good life and move outta the hood because it's not that easy. Doesn't he think that most poor blacks would like to live in the suburbs and have a good job making a lot of money? I think they would. I understand most poor blacks have a drug problem, alcohol problem, mental problem and that can be tough to get rid of those problems and that's why so many of them aren't working. So i really think that a lot of them that are in the hood are forced into being there and they can't move to a better neighborhood because of their issues.

Ironman, check out Michael Eric Dyson's Is Bill Cosby Right Or Has The Black Middle Class Lost It's Mind book. I got it before from the library and read most of it but i was upset at his opinion because he disagreed with most of what Bill said and i agree with most of what Bill said. But i checked the book out again from the library yesterday and i'm gonna read it again to get a better understanding of what Michael is saying. You should also check out Charles Barkley's I Might Be Wrong But I Doubt It book. That's a good book. I've read it before and i checked it out from the library last week because i wanted to read it again. Charles is a funny guy and he always speaks the truth. I don't know why so many people get mad at his opinions but he's honest and a lot of times people don't like to hear the truth. I got his other book called Who's Afraid Of A Large Black Man. That's a good book too and i bought it. He interviews several people about racism like Morgan Freeman, Bill Clinton, Jesse Jackson, Tiger Woods, Samuel Jackson, Ice Cube, Bob Johnson(former owner of BET network), George Lopez.

PRODIGAL SUN

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    After reading his book again Come On People, i started to realize that Bill isn't really thinking realistically about why there's so many blacks that are unemployed. It's not easy to find a job and he should know that. I know there's poor unemployed blacks that want a job and i know they're trying to get one and they can't. I don't think most of them like being on welfare and getting food stamps like white people will make you believe. You can have a education and still can't get a job because that's how tough it is to get a job. You can go to a job dressed up wearing the right clothes and speaking proper and still don't get a job. Whether Bill wants to realize it or not, you still have some jobs that discriminate against blacks. I tried getting a job at Burger King before and the supervisor said he was gonna call me and he didn't. I hate being desperate trying to get a job working anywhere when i can't get the job i want. But that happens sometimes when you don't have a high education like myself. I didn't go to college because i don't like school. I was lucky i finished high school because my grades wasn't really all that great but i think i graduated on time because i never gave my teachers any problems and i always did my homework.

Bill also needs to realize that poor unemployed blacks hustle for a living and get involved in criminal activity because they can't get a job. That's just the way it is. I bet if Bill was to go to every hood in america and ask black men that are criminals, do they really wanna sell drugs, rob banks and gangbang to get money, they would probably tell him no. Then again they might say yes because they get a lot of money but that money doesn't last long because you can get killed or go to prison.
    co-signed for truthfulness, no one wants to be on a the dole(social, welfare), your limited in what you can do and your movements are restricted, but its a catch 22, because depending on your rent, if you don't get a job that pays enough, if you have no qualifications, you'll lose your flat, like in my case, i can't work for no less than £7($14) an hour ours i'll lose my flat and i'm not being homeless again or living in a hostel again neither, you see what i'm saying, but theirs heads thats are even in a worst catch 22 situation/poverty trap than me, like got kids and shit and have no qualifications and that, wit no family support at all due to poverty related issues, you see what i'm getting at, thats in a much worse situation than me, because i've at least got an opportunity to go back to college to get better qualifications to get a higher paid job and have some family support to a certain extent too

so don't watch all that media propaganda about people being lazy and loving being on the dole and shit, its all bullshit, there trying to hate on heads that get incapacity benefit out here too, which is a benefit which is damn near impossible to get, you really have to have a proven disabillity to not being able to work to get that benefit, i mean there making it seem to the public like anyone wit any story can get that shit, the goverment over here is just using to poor as a scapegoat to take out public frustrations on easy targets, you see what i'm saying

and your right, if you ask most authentic gangstas, road brothers and sisters thats living the road life or whatever if they want to be doing what there doing and i'd put money on this yeah, i'd put bare p's(money) on it like, but i'd bet they would say no they don't, real talk

because that shit is circumstance, social ecomonics, poverty and so on and so on, it ain't a fashion thing, it ain't glamorous, feds raiding your yard(flat, house), harrassing you 24-7, not being to get shit in your name, heads looking to kill you 24-7, living day to to day, jail and so on and so on, there is nuthin glamorous about any of that shit, no one wants to be living in poverty, no they don't
    Last edited by LONDON!; 07-26-2010 at 04:20 AM.
    "get money by all means necessary"

-

I feel you London and i agree with what you said. It's tough out here to get a job making a lot of money when you don't have a education. I've had several jobs that i didn't want making low pay but i had to take those jobs because i only got a high school diploma and jobs that pay a lot of money aren't gonna hire me because of that. That's just the way it is. It sucks that it's like that but that's the way it is. So that's why i said Bill Cosby needs to be realistic about what he's saying about poor blacks that aren't working. Having a college degree doesn't guarantee you a job making a lot of money. Plus college should be free in america. Why should you have to pay to go to school to get a education? That's bullshit. Believe me if college was free, you would probably see poor blacks in school because they know having a college degree can help you get a job. London, you should check out Bill's Come On People book. It's really good. I agree with most of the stuff he said in the book but i disagree with him about unemployed blacks.