Thread: The Avengers Movie

Default The Avengers Movie

Comic-Con is almost coming to a close and although there hasn’t been much breaking news spewing from the convention, w have gotten a few confirmations on things we already knew. Marvel’s panel was by far the most exciting since they have three huge movies in the works, including CAPTAIN AMERICA, THOR and of course, THE AVENGERS. Just a few years ago, it was impossible to get an A-List star to show up at Comic-Con and now they’re everywhere. But maybe the coolest moment at the convention came when Marvel brought out all of the stars of THE AVENGERS.

In the pic below, (from left to right) you have Robert Downey Jr., Clark Gregg, Scarlett Johansson,Chris Hemsworth, Chris Evans, Samuel L. Jackson, Jeremy Renner, Mark Ruffalo, Joss Whedon and Kevin Feige. Or, if you prefer their superhero names; Iron Man, Agent Coulson, Black Widow, Thor, Captain America, Nick Fury and then the film’s director and producer.

I hope it turns out good. Although I still resent the fact that Ed Norton isnt gonna be in it.

So many bodies on my microphone the shit's haunted

Quote Originally Posted by djskillz View Post
    I hope it turns out good. Although I still resent the fact that Ed Norton isnt gonna be in it.
    he's not on it the new actor is Marc Ruffalo

black widow is the only woman on the team?

for now but

^^

"It was previously rumoured that Whedon favourite Nathan Fillion and Desperate Housewives star Eva Longoria would be announced as superheros Ant-Man and The Wasp respectively, but neither character was mentioned at the panel."

Joss Whedon's 'Avengers' To Have 'Civil War'-Style Tension Between Captain America & Iron Man?

Posted 16 hrs ago by Brian Warmoth in Marvel, News

Joss WhedonJoss Whedon feels comfortable talking about his role directing "The Avengers" now, and even though he's still keeping story details under wraps, he did go on the record to state that the movie won't be based on Mark Millar and Steve McNiven's "Civil War." He did promise to let Captain America and Iron Man butt heads, however.

"You know 'Civil War' comes from what's great about the dynamic between [Captain America and Iron Man]," Whedon told io9. "And so does 'The Avengers,' they definitely are at odds. But it's not a 'Civil War' thing because it existed before that, at least in my mind."

Ultimately, Whedon said that he believes the tension in "The Avengers" and "Civil War" will be rooted in the same issues at the heart of the Avengers team and who Steve Rogers and Tony Stark are deep down inside.

"They are two very different definitions of a person," he explained. "One is a self-made man, a modern man, a rockstar. The other is a World War 2 grunt, just trying to do his part. They couldn't have more different views of the world. That will just end up in fun. It ended up in 'Civil War' in the comics, in my movie it will be witty banter."

So don't get your hopes up to see a Superhuman Registration Act or a group of Avengers recruits that includes Slapstick just yet. Whedon has his own plans, and whatever they are, he knows his source material.

What Avengers stories would you like to see Whedon's film draw from? Were you hoping to see "Civil War" get adapted? Let us know in the comment section or on Twitter!

Didnt see it in there but Jeremy Renner will be Hawkeye

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    he's not on it the new actor is Marc Ruffalo

i know he's not gonna be in it. i said i wasnt happy that he wasnt returning. i'm sure marc ruffalo will do a good job though.

thats still one hell of a cast, norton or not.

and wheadon is a comic fan, so its a good thing this giant movie is in his hands.
    "Fuck Wu Tang Corp" - The GZA/Genius

https://soundcloud.com/gptent/tito-lo-blak-hell

True. At least they still got downey jr, samuel l. jackson and scarlett johansson. i'm not that big a fan of chris evans