Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Total Wu-Tang Album Sales

Quote Originally Posted by Rama View Post
    Slang Prostitution was a dope album IMO.

Anyone who haven't heard it should at least give it a try.
    I agree, it wasnt amazing but it had some bangers.

Quote Originally Posted by RagnaroK View Post
    now thats a more believable list is logical that Cuban Linx sold more than Dirty Version just like i said before
    I disagree. ODB had way more of an "it" factor back then and Shimmy Shimmy Ya was a single that was actually played on mainstream radio. Rae's top single was Incarcerated Scarfaces and it wasnt exactly the type of single being bumped on the Top 10 stations back then.

Both are obviously great albums with OB4CL having more cred than The Dirty Version, but because Dirty was way more popular than Rae back then, it doesnt surprise me at all that The Dirty Version would sell more units than OB4CL.

Quote Originally Posted by MaskedAvenger View Post
    Those numbers cant be right, 36 Chambers went platinum not long after it came out, it would of sold millions more by now. Everybody and his dog has bought that album, I've bought it at least 3 times over the years.
    i agree

but they didnt start counting until way after its release. check the riaa, the only plaques ever awarded was a gold then a plat

grandmasters sold about 54k i saw on a website once, and nosaid daite had about 4-5 k on first release i think

PRODIGAL SUN

Quote Originally Posted by MaskedAvenger View Post
    Those numbers cant be right, 36 Chambers went platinum not long after it came out, it would of sold millions more by now. Everybody and his dog has bought that album, I've bought it at least 3 times over the years.

what???? it took it being out a whole year before it went gold, then went platinum later that year. it took awhile for wu to blow up. protect ya neck barely did shit, method man got them on mtv but they didnt go gold til cream was released. then mystery of chess boxin and can it all be so simple got them to platinum. were you around when it first came out? lol
    CHAMBERMUSIK RECORDS/ CHAMBERMUSIK SPECIAL PRODUCTS DOES NOT ENDORSE ANYTHING SAID OR WRITTEN BY THIS MESSAGE BOARD USER NAME!!!

"Sign Of The Times" coming soon