Thread: Larry Fishburne Is Stupid In This Scene In Boyz N The Hood

-

Default Larry Fishburne Is Stupid In This Scene In Boyz N The Hood

I hadn't seen Boyz N The Hood in awhile and i was at this movies store at the mall a few weeks ago and i saw it for sale for $9.99 and i bought it. I love this movie and i'm glad director John Singleton put it out. He had some good actors in this and this was Ice Cube's first movie. I know this movie had some controversy when it came out because movie critics said it was too violent and had too much cursing but it was real because this is the type of stuff that goes on in the hood everyday. The scene i wanna talk about is when Larry Fishburne took Cuba Gooding Jr and Morris Chestnut to Compton, California to talk to them about a billboard sign for housing.

LOL@Cuba Gooding staring for awhile across the street when he got outta his car in that scene because he looked like he was scared to be in that neighborhood hahahahahahahahahaha. Morris Chestnut was looking around too looking scared LOL. I would've been scared too and i thought it was stupid of Larry to take them to that neighborhood to try to make a point about why black neighborhoods are fucked up and why white neighborhoods are safe. He didn't have to take them to Compton to make a point about that. He could've talked to them in his office at his real estate job about that. He said why is there a gun shop on almost every corner in the black community? He said the same reason there's a liquor store on every corner in the black community. They want us to kill ourselves. You go out to Beverly Hills, you don't see that shit. Whitman Mayo aka Grady who played on Sanford And Son tv show said to Larry, ain't nobody from the outside bringing the property value down but these folks(he was talking about ignorant blacks LOL).

I never knew that was Grady from Sanford and Son. Knew he looked familiar.

Banned

It was a good scene. It showd the ignorance of a smart man brought on by frustration.

I would assume Singleton was just taking dramatic license. It's a film. Your alternative to the scene would have been much less effective in making the point and much less interesting to watch, even though it would have been more rational.

Whitman Mayo is one of the coolest names ever.