Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Should New York have cleared the way for a mosque to be built near the World Trade Ce

The way they acted in Staten Island about a mosque being built over there was also very racist. Fuckin fags.

"CREAM PUFF NIGGA I NEED YOU, SO THEY CAN TELL THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN ME AND YOU"

I think that you make good points here. Essentially we always say "this is the end!" Every generation has done it. Its never happened, and while I might be wrong "the end" is never going to happen. Eventually there might be an accidental or terrorist nuking but we'll get over it. Its just a bomb. Cooler heads prevail. There are almost 7 billion people on this planet. I don't even think we could kill everyone off. We're survivors. We're the end of evolution. We've evolved beyond our bodies. Its probably hubris but I think as a species we're nigh invincible. Give us a problem and we can solve it. We've been without planet wide problems for a while now. Things went quiet after ww2.

The Cold War never went hot so it never got resolved. Here we are with a bunch of baggage and no easy solutions because we didn't listen to Patton and tear Stalins balls off before he got the bomb. We let Russia get the bomb and changed the game. Then one of the players quits without warning and the other guy doesn't know what to do any more. So we find enemies. We call them terrorists. Declare war on them. Instead of treating them as criminals we make war without clear objectives (which is disastrous, war without clear direction is chaos) and ten years later we don't know where we're heading. Of course we've never known where we're heading and that's why life's an adventure. We're essentially six billion drunk drivers not knowing if we'll make it home or not. Me? I like my odds.

On the topic of Reagan. I don't think he was bad. He was blind to everything else because he had the Evil Empire sitting on the other side of the world playing Russian roulette with him. He did what he thought he needed to. He probably didn't know about Iran Contra. Governments are big. If he did I'm sure he felt it was for the greater good of destroying the Russians ability to kill Americans. He also wasn't well. His Alzheimers was in full swing by the end of his first term. He took a bullet and lived. He was a strong man who kept together. I respect him. But I don't think he made good choices in retrospect. He's not the God that conservatives make him. He's also by no means the devil. He was the conservative version of FDR. He saved the country but left it off worse then he knew. I wasn't alive yet so I wasn't there for Reagan, but he seems okay.

On social structures, Aristotle essentially says there are three things that matter. Individual, Family, and State. Every person is an individual. Every person belongs to a family. And every person belongs to a state. A family is a Man, his wife, and his children. No father and mother, no family. Homosexuality? I'm all for it. But its not the family unit. It never has been and never will be. Its not the same thing. Marriage is more then love and sex. Its about raising citizens. If you want children and you're gay, you should marry a woman and have a homosexual relationship on the side.

She can be your friend and help you raise the children, whatever. If she needs a lover she can have one. Work it out. But kids need a father and a mother. That seems messy, so I think its easier to keep marriage and child rearing to heterosexual couples. But I don't think a kid should have two fathers because he's missing out on having a mother. It may be better then having an abusive father and a detached drunken bitch for a mother but its not ideal. A man can love a man as another man, but I don't think a man should love a man as a woman. Its two men, not a man and a woman. Totally different creatures.

The way I see it there are four genders. Male, Female, Neuter, and Both (think A, B, O and AB). Male is male. He might be attracted to men, but he is a man. Female is Female. She might be attracted to women but shes a woman. Neuters are not sexual creatures. Some people are meant to be chaste. Its uncommon, but its there. Bigenders are a whole bag of stuff I don't want to get into the complexities of. But pretty much a fag or a dyke are in this category. A woman in the body of a man or a man in the body of a woman. Whatever. They can screw whoever they want. A "normal" gay is A- while a normal straight is A+ or vice versa but they're essentially one gender with two variants. A traditional lesbian is B- or B+ whatever with the straight woman as the opposite but still one gender. Then AB+ might be a gay man who feels like a woman and AB- might be a gay woman who feels like a man. Its complicated. I'm not an expert. But everyone belongs. Its just not as easy as putting a square peg in a round hole.

On Gun Control. I won't lie. Guns scare me. I'm always afraid a little bit when I see a gun. But I'd rather have my own gun and police my own life then have some government enforcer be responsible for my safety. Police should have guns. But they shouldn't be expected to defend me. I'll defend me. When I need back up I'll call five oh. If a burglar breaks into my house I'll decide whether I need to shoot him or not thank you. I'll be damned if I go to jail for shooting someone who entered my home unlawfully. Every man's home is his castle. Every citizen should have a gun. That's the difference between a citizen and a serf. A citizen doesn't need to put up with bullshit.
    HANKERING FOR SOME BEEF CURTAINS

Quote Originally Posted by TheBoarzHeadBoy View Post
    I think that you make good points here. Essentially we always say "this is the end!" Every generation has done it. Its never happened, and while I might be wrong "the end" is never going to happen. Eventually there might be an accidental or terrorist nuking but we'll get over it. Its just a bomb. Cooler heads prevail. There are almost 7 billion people on this planet. I don't even think we could kill everyone off. We're survivors. We're the end of evolution. We've evolved beyond our bodies. Its probably hubris but I think as a species we're nigh invincible. Give us a problem and we can solve it. We've been without planet wide problems for a while now. Things went quiet after ww2.
    Cosign. All I wanna do is throw in a (paraphrased) Bill Hicks quote that I think sums up my feelings on what you just said, "Evolution didn't stop when we grew thumbs." Something like that, although certainly better put.

The Cold War never went hot so it never got resolved. Here we are with a bunch of baggage and no easy solutions because we didn't listen to Patton and tear Stalins balls off before he got the bomb. We let Russia get the bomb and changed the game.
    Do you think that America could've simply "tore off Stalin's balls?" I don't. You gotta think about the sort of ruler that Russia was living under, combined with the massive population. That's why it always pisses me off when people talk about what Hitler coulda done and how he would've won the war if a, b and c happened. Bullshit. Even if he'd won at Stalingrad, Stalin would've thrown more and more young Russian men at Hitler until Germany was defeated. The aforementioned battle at Stalingrad is just such an example; if memory serves me correctly (which it probably isn't, but the gist is essentially on point), it was the Soviet Union going up against three or four countries, lead by Germany and backed by Italy and Romania (that I can remember). Stalin won that battle, despite the fact that he suffered over a million casualties with Germany and co. losing about 3/4 of that. Stalin had enough heads to beat Hitler, it was just a matter of when. On top of that, Hitler was a clumsy military commander so it didn't matter, but that's another topic.

Basically, the point I'm trying to make here in my meandering way is that attempting to engage in the ripping of Soviet testicles would not have been easy at all. It might have even been a suicide mission. And, since they had enough manpower to drag out a war against the United States for a long time (even if we dropped more nukes on em; which I doubt we would've following Hiroshima), eventually they would've gotten bombs of their own, and dropped them back on us. The ripping of balls would have to be so perfectly executed - from minor battles in the countryside to the bombing of cities - it would've been destined for failure.

We're essentially six billion drunk drivers not knowing if we'll make it home or not. Me? I like my odds.
    Then again, if we're six billion drunk drivers, the chances of a fatal car crash are pretty high. (My oh my I'm clever)

He saved the country but left it off worse then he knew. I wasn't alive yet so I wasn't there for Reagan, but he seems okay.
    Well. I guess I'll just see you when that Reagan thread pokes it's ugly head on KTL somewhere.

On social structures, Aristotle essentially says there are three things that matter. Individual, Family, and State. Every person is an individual. Every person belongs to a family. And every person belongs to a state. A family is a Man, his wife, and his children. No father and mother, no family. Homosexuality? I'm all for it. But its not the family unit. It never has been and never will be. Its not the same thing. Marriage is more then love and sex. Its about raising citizens. If you want children and you're gay, you should marry a woman and have a homosexual relationship on the side.

She can be your friend and help you raise the children, whatever. If she needs a lover she can have one. Work it out. But kids need a father and a mother. That seems messy, so I think its easier to keep marriage and child rearing to heterosexual couples. But I don't think a kid should have two fathers because he's missing out on having a mother. It may be better then having an abusive father and a detached drunken bitch for a mother but its not ideal. A man can love a man as another man, but I don't think a man should love a man as a woman. Its two men, not a man and a woman. Totally different creatures.
    I don't know about this one. A gay (two men) couple used to lived down the road from me. They raised seven kids from that house, and each and every one of them went to college and made something out of their respective life. That's an accomplishment no matter how you look at it. I mean, I don't live in an area where nobody goes to college, nor do I live in an area where everybody does. The fact that all seven of them went to college and now have successful careers (with some having families) is something that most heterosexual couples wouldn't be able to obtain.

I disagree with you on your definition of a "family." I think a family is anybody that loves you and gives you strong support, moral or otherwise. Whether you're gay or straight doesn't factor into this as much. Of course, growing up as the child of a gay couple is probably incredibly difficult and no doubt leads to a shitload of teasing and confusion, but in the end I think it makes the kid stronger, especially if the family actually supports them.

On Gun Control. I won't lie. Guns scare me. I'm always afraid a little bit when I see a gun. But I'd rather have my own gun and police my own life then have some government enforcer be responsible for my safety. Police should have guns. But they shouldn't be expected to defend me. I'll defend me. When I need back up I'll call five oh. If a burglar breaks into my house I'll decide whether I need to shoot him or not thank you. I'll be damned if I go to jail for shooting someone who entered my home unlawfully. Every man's home is his castle. Every citizen should have a gun. That's the difference between a citizen and a serf. A citizen doesn't need to put up with bullshit.
    Cosign. That being said, we need to think about what is meant by "every citizen should have a gun." In the house? Definitely. But on them at all times? I don't know. Concealed? Definitely not. You also have to think about the mindset you get when you buy a gun. I've never owned my own gun, but I've held them down before, and that shit fucks with your mental. I started thinking wild reckless thoughts whenever I held it, and whenever I would be out with my friends while holding, I could feel myself being on some other shit. I was angrier, more suspicious of others, quicker to snap on somebody, and any time anything would go slightly against plan, I'd be questioning whether I'd have to use the gun or not. I'm not trying to give you some speech and shit - if you can hold with no problems, do it. But at the same time, there's a lot of people out there (myself included) who can't handle that shit, and just having a gun in their possession could lead to some catastrophic and tragic incidents.

Russia probably lost a third of its population (about 50 of 170 million) in the Great Patriotic War. We lost one third of a percent of 130 million and we had Britain on our side who lost about 1 percent of 50 million. We had the numeric and industrial superiority. The war would have dragged out quite a bit but it would have been for the best. I'm Russian. I'm not going to say they aren't the toughest bastards on earth, but I think end game we had Russia in the pocket.

On the family thing I just think that a woman and a man both have very different perspectives which are useful in raising children. Ideally I'd want my son to know what it means to be a man from both sides of the story. Raising kids is good cop/bad cop. A son needs a hard ass for a father to instill virtue and a softer mother so he doesn't go nuts. A daughter needs a dad who will protect and spoil her and a mother who will explain that weird bleeding thing... Gays can do it. I'm just saying a gay man isn't a woman. Its just not the same. Its not bad its just not the same. Its not a knock its just how I see it. Plenty of people are shitty parents. Plenty of gays could do better, they can look after a kid, and they won't turn him gay or something. I really don't know whether I think its equal. I think ideally kids should be raised by their parents. If not possible then sure. But I don't think the gay marriage will ever been equal in the eyes of the people to traditional marriage. I think its normal that men hate their father and have weird feelings for their mother. In a subconscious Freud way.

I agree on the gun thing. I think whenever weapons are near at hand Enyo whispers in the ears of men. Its like if I'm ever near a cop facing away from me I'm one of those people who fights the voice of insanity in my head that says "grab it, see what he does". I know I'm not the only person who feels that way I've heard a comedian mention it as one of his problems. I can't explain it. I don't think its the devil or anything. There's a part of man deep down that wants to reach out and choke something.

Its like in The Dark Night when the Joker explains he's a dog chasing cars but has no idea what to do if he caught one. That sort of primal insanity lives in every man. We suppress it, but it rears its head whenever it shouldn't. Its the part of the body that wants to die just to see what it feels like. Its like your inner child's evil twin. Its not very smart and it always makes bad choices. Its the devil on your shoulder.

SHAKA ZULU BOBO SHANTI NYABINGHI MAN A MAU MAU WARRIOR

LOL

i was watching Colbert just now and he had a guest on. after he introduced him, his first question was, "first of all sir, what are you doing so close to the vicinity of ground zero with a muslim name?"

ahahahah

Colbert and Stewart are classic

Stewart clowned the fuck out of these racist ass people too on tonights show lol he killed it
    We do it for the people.

Stewart ethered them. Didn't catch Colbert.

'

I think the Muslim community needs to face the fact that they stand no chance at educating the general public about their religion or way of life here in the states. It's a daunting task to make your average middle class citizen to exercise logic, patience, or critical thinking when so much anger and fear is attached to certain key words that pop up in conversations.

As far as I'm concerned, building this Mosque WILL do nothing more fuel the anger and make matters worse in the coming years. Although I agree they are well within their rights and have the support of the 1st amendment. Yet it's simply naive and plain arrogant to not gauge or take the collective emotional temperature of the opposing sides into consideration.

I also don't want to see the Islamization that's happened in Europe (shift) to the USA. It's already fucked up enough here with a predominant Christian population who impose their ideologies and belief systems onto the general public every chance they get.

BTW this guy's video has over 3 million views and the one below is what the GOP is pushing. Surprised these haven't been posted by now. This is gonna turn into a real mess.

I predict a 'civil war' in the islamic community, like when all those people split the catholic church around the end of the dark ages, after this happens the "reformed islam" - the rational ones - will fit in pretty well in western society and mosques will be no problem
    Last edited by Frank Sobotka; 08-14-2010 at 07:19 AM.

KTL isn't ready for Pat Condell.

The fucked thing to remember is even if no one believed in God we'd still have cultural clash. Ultimately its not about Christianity and Islam its about Civilization vs a bunch of stone age Dune Coons. If the middle east wasn't fucked up we'd all vacation there its a nice place geographically (other then the never ending featureless deserts.) I only know one person who lives in Kuwait and she's a hot rich white girl whose daddy is making figures there. Though that probably makes me an expert with regard to tusken raiders.

ALLALLALLALLALLALLALLALLA!

"Those Tuskens walk like men, but they're vicious, mindless monsters."
    ―Cliegg Lars
    Last edited by TheBoarzHeadBoy; 08-14-2010 at 08:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie Sinclair View Post

Damn. Some people are wild.

I was totally fine with it until I heard it's name was Cordoba. Then I realized its not paranoid if they're really out to get you.

Deus Vult!
    Last edited by TheBoarzHeadBoy; 08-14-2010 at 01:55 PM.

They changed the name now... figures...

But still, why build it so fucking close to Ground Zero. Fucking plane parts were found all over that area. I read a story about some faggit opening a gay bar next to the mosque, that would be funny as fuck.

SHAKA ZULU BOBO SHANTI NYABINGHI MAN A MAU MAU WARRIOR

i still dont see what the big deal is. i think americans are blowing this way out of proportion.

they want to target and discriminate against muslims because their faulty ass government told them islam attacked their freedom on 9/11.

they are over 2 million muslim-americans. how can you shit on their whole existance because supposedly a hijacker named mohammed atta with his goons was muslim?

These american-muslims(i cant believe they even made that term) fight and die in your wars. its a religion and they act like its a nationality. bunch of stupid ass fuckers with no mental capacity to question what they are told. fucking idiots. YOU PEOPLE ARE THE SCUM OF THE PLANET EARTH.

they fight in your armies and die in your racist imperialist wars.

they sacrifice theirs lives for the country just like everybody else. but smh at 2010 America discrimating against their own kind. BLATANT AS FUCK TOO. NOT GIVING A FUCK. like everything is normal. would three blocks be enough space? how about 4?

fuck niggers, fucking mexicans taking our jobs, and fuck muslims because they hate us for our freedom right?

fuckers deserve to burn slow in hell thats my word. die slow.

id rather chill with a muslim instead of a racist ass fuck like you people any day.
    Last edited by food for thought; 08-14-2010 at 09:46 PM.
    We do it for the people.

So much anger in your post. If this mosque wasn't built so close to ground zero, no one would mind, but it's an act of provocation, that's for sure. What's racist against being anti Islam anyway? It's not a race.