Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Raekwon in Munich/Germany (yesterday - 9th Oct)

Angry Raekwon in Munich/Germany (yesterday - 9th Oct)

Yesterday i was at the Raekwon-Concert in Munich. Always being a big Wu-Fan I really was looking forward to! He really gave a great show. Backupped by DJ Storm he only played around one hour but had a really fine tracklist:

Incarcerated Scarfaces
    Live From NY
    Ice Cream
    Rainy Dayz
    Criminology
    Glaciers Of Ice
    It’s Yourz
    Triumph
    M.G.M
    Gravel Pit
    Protect Ya Neck
    Wu-Tang Clan Ain’t Nuthin’ Tha Fuck Wit
    C.R.E.A.M.
    M.ET.H.O.D. Man
    Shimmy Shimmy Ya (ODB-Tribute)
    Brooklyn Zoo (ODB-Tribute)
    1 new Track of Cuban Linx 2

But I was really disappointed of his “show” after the show! Meanwhile, I have seen many acts like Mobb Deep, Heltah Skeltah, Planet Asia, Inspectah Deck, Brand Nubian, Masta Ace etc. and all of them had time for their fans, but not so Raekwon. He went to his merchandising stall his ppl builded at the entrance. Many of us went there only to get pictures or to have their booklets signed. But he rejected everyone who didn`t buy a t-shirt or a mixtape of DJ Storm. Not understanding his behaviour and asking him why being so unkind he simply answered:

“Buy something and I will sign it!”

“You don`t support us, we don`t support you”

“if you don`t buy anything, get out of here”

This behaviour of the head disappointed many fans. The situation from my point of view:

I`m nearly 24, watch for and support Wu-Tang since the beginning (over 10 years), drove 1 hour with an hurt foot, already wore an Wu-Shirt, had 5 of my over 100 Wu-Booklets with me to get them signed, showed him my Wu-Tattoo on my right arm and payed 17eur (~22$) at the entrance. What does Raekwon want to tell me about missing support??? What shall I do with a CD of DJ Storm?? Despite of these arguments he wasn`t willing to pose for a picture with me: I don`t want it to sound childish or mean, but things like a photo and stuff are kind of memory for me and I think its kind of duty to such a star. Till now, no other act reacted like him, all took their time for the fans!

Disappointed and angry I turned around with the words “… only for the money…” and he simply replied with “I don`t give a fuck about you…”.

I don`t think this is the right way to treat the fans. Just Raekwon, in his middle 30`s, not being hot in this business anymore, shall know it better. It`s a pitty that an MC, being in the business for over 10 years, depends on these cheap t-shirts and mixtapes.

4 weeks ago, Inspectah Deck was here and was in the crows for around half an hour and satisfied nearly every needs of his fans.

Beeing a big Wu-fan for years i was really fucked up about this behaviour and i wasn`t the only one.

But just like Raekwon sang this evening:

„Cash Rules Everything Around Me,

CREAM,

get the money,

DOLLA DOLLA BILLYAAAAA“

raekwon in munich

Default Re: Raekwon in Munich/Germany (yesterday - 9th Oct)

Damn maybe he was in a bad mood

PRODIGAL SUN

lol

u was at masta ace ????

this year ??? i was there too..dude signed and all that,,ahhahha rae that faf mafucka..lol....dude is wack

CORNED BEEF SAMMICH

Quote Originally Posted by Damaja22
    Yesterday i was at the Raekwon-Concert in Munich. Always being a big Wu-Fan I really was looking forward to! He really gave a great show. Backupped by DJ Storm he only played around one hour but had a really fine tracklist:

Incarcerated Scarfaces
    Live From NY
    Ice Cream
    Rainy Dayz
    Criminology
    Glaciers Of Ice
    It’s Yourz
    Triumph
    M.G.M
    Gravel Pit
    Protect Ya Neck
    Wu-Tang Clan Ain’t Nuthin’ Tha Fuck Wit
    C.R.E.A.M.
    M.ET.H.O.D. Man
    Shimmy Shimmy Ya (ODB-Tribute)
    Brooklyn Zoo (ODB-Tribute)
    1 new Track of Cuban Linx 2

But I was really disappointed of his “show” after the show! Meanwhile, I have seen many acts like Mobb Deep, Heltah Skeltah, Planet Asia, Inspectah Deck, Masta Ace etc. and all of them had time for their fans, but not so Raekwon. He went to his merchandising stall his ppl builded at the entrance. Many of us went there only to get pictures or to have their booklets signed. But he rejected everyone who didn`t buy a t-shirt or a mixtape of DJ Storm. Not understanding his behaviour and asking him why being so unkind he simply answered:

“Buy something and I will sign it!”

“You don`t support us, we don`t support you”

“if you don`t buy anything, get out of here”

This behaviour of the head disappointed many fans. The situation from my point of view:

I`m nearly 24, watch for and support Wu-Tang since the beginning (over 10 years), drove 1 hour with an hurt foot, already wore an Wu-Shirt, had 5 of my over 100 Wu-Booklets with me to get them signed, showed him my Wu-Tattoo on my right arm and payed 17eur (~22$) at the entrance. What does Raekwon want to tell me about missing support??? What shall I do with a CD of DJ Storm?? Despite of these arguments he wasn`t willing to pose for a picture with me: I don`t want it to sound childish or mean, but things like a photo and stuff are kind of memory for me and I think its kind of duty to such a star. Till now, no other act reacted like him, all took their time for the fans!

Disappointed and angry I turned around with the words “… only for the money…” and he simply replied with “I don`t give a fuck about you…”.

I don`t think this is the right way to treat the fans. Just Raekwon, in his middle 30`s, not being hot in this business anymore, shall know it better. It`s a pitty that an MC, being in the business for over 10 years, depends on these cheap t-shirts and mixtapes.

4 weeks ago, Inspectah Deck was here and was in the crows for around half an hour and satisfied nearly every needs of his fans.

Beeing a big Wu-fan for years i was really fucked up about this behaviour and i wasn`t the only one.

But just like Raekwon sang this evening:

„Cash Rules Everything Around Me,

CREAM,

get the money,

DOLLA DOLLA BILLYAAAAA“

raekwon in munich

Maybe he was very mad at something?
    "BECOUSE IT DOESENT MATTER WHERE YOU COME FROM. NO MATTER WHAT COLOR YOUR MOTHERFUCKIN SKIN IS. HIPHOP IS A UNIVERSAL LANGUAGE, WE COME TOGETHER! ONE MOTHERFUCKIN BLOOD! ONE BLOOD.." - MASTA KILLAH

yo im tellin u...i was in hamburg !!!
    im the webmaster and founder of the biggest german wu-source wu-famnatic.com...

i asked him also for a photo and get the same answer, buy anything and u will get a photo!
    i showed him my wu-famnatic.com shirt, but he dont give a fuck about that!

i was really pissed off, i hold this site for like 2-3 years and pay for that shit !!!
    i also support all of them for over 10 years, so whut tha fuck is wrong with him ?!?

before i was going there i got the information from stephan (master of wu wear), that ill get a interview with him...
    but he had a girl with him there and he catch this bitch and going backstage with her...
    so i go to the back of the club...there was he standing with her...
    i go to them and asked him for this interview, which i get confirmed...
    he only says, YEAH BUT REAL QUICK !!!

i could asked him 4 questions, and he wasnt really interessted in that, cause he only answer with one sentence !!!

here it is...
    http://213.239.197.207/d-stroy/shout...w_07_10_05.wav

so it was really fucked up...
    +--------------------------------------------------------------------+
    | CHECK |
    | www.wu-famnatic.com |
    | We'll keep the name Wu-Tang alive |
    | Info's about da whole Wu-Tang Clan 'n Wu-Fam |
    | The biggest german Wu-Community |
    | News, Lyriks, Pics, Bios, Discos and many more....! |
    +--------------------------------------------------------------------+

Quote Originally Posted by Redfist
    Maybe he was very mad at something?
    whatever...

I'm a bit disappointed how often the word "buy" appeared in their newsitem. no offense guys but if they really cared about their fans and putting on a good show, you should have just get in contact with the crowd. THAT relationship commitment to their fans and not just for the money they make. If they are there anyways, just get on stage and show people what hiphop is really about: conveying a message and keeping it real.

@D-Stroy: hh.de-connection!
    I say it's my world, and I won't stop
    And if you stand in my way, you bound to get dropped

Veteran Member mic-cord-strangler's Avatar

that sucks...
    1st king

That is fucked up though, theres no need to be actin like that toward ya fans an shit not very professional

Veteran Member

Daaamn. I understand you must be really fucking dissapointed.

That doesn't sound like the Raekwon i met.
    I got a picture with him. Not only that. I asked him if i could buy one of the doo rags he had with him and he was like "Nah man i tell you what" and he just gave it too me.

you are not childish at all...fuckk raekwon if he behaved like that...and what people say about ..he was not in agood mood, he was mad or upset...this r not reasons to behave like that
    so in conclusion...

fuck raekwon....he sucks

Arm Leg Leg Arm Head

on the concert ( 7th of october 2005 ) here on friday in germany,.. raekwon was on the same SHIT!!!!!! HE WAS LIKE BUY THIS SHIRT AND I SIGN IT!!!! i baught one, just to get his fuckin sign! and he also signed my rae cd but fuck it,.. i took a picture with me and rae ,he was like "go away,.. dont want it , hurry up "iam so fuckin dissappointet on rae! he was just sittin there and he gave a fuck about his fans , thats what´s true ,.. i mean we don´t support him? huh? what would he be without US? Who buy the albums, go o the concerts, buy some clothes and shit, he gets his fuckin money from us,.. ok i´am still into wu but that sucks ,.. and dj storm was as like a basstard! he was sitting there with his ( gucci? ) glasses and did nothing! i gave him a pen and he didn´t want to sign my fuckin shit,.. he is such a idiot! he behaved like he is the best moptherfucker in the world,.. really,.. no joke!!

I was there with d-stroy my man raekwon is really poor,..wu-famnatic is a fat german wu site,.. meth and all the others who d-stroy met did a fat shut-out as far as i know and they were pretty cool with d-stroy, but rae and ICE WATER didn´t gave a FUCK! i got to say ICE WATER was the nicest of them,.. but still commercial,...and shit,.. very very poor ,.. i got to say that,.. rae lost on me,.. for sure,.. rae comes to europe so fuckin selden and that´s what he is giving us
    Da wu is coming through , da wu is coming through!

Shotta Rap

Quote Originally Posted by DanTiCaL
    on the concert ( 7th of october 2005 ) here on friday in germany,.. raekwon was on the same SHIT!!!!!! HE WAS LIKE BUY THIS SHIRT AND I SIGN IT!!!! i baught one, just to get his fuckin sign! and he also signed my rae cd but fuck it,.. i took a picture with me and rae ,he was like "go away,.. dont want it , hurry up "iam so fuckin dissappointet on rae! he was just sittin there and he gave a fuck about his fans , thats what´s true ,.. i mean we don´t support him? huh? what would he be without US? Who buy the albums, go o the concerts, buy some clothes and shit, he gets his fuckin money from us,.. ok i´am still into wu but that sucks ,.. and dj storm was as like a basstard! he was sitting there with his ( gucci? ) glasses and did nothing! i gave him a pen and he didn´t want to sign my fuckin shit,.. he is such a idiot! he behaved like he is the best moptherfucker in the world,.. really,.. no joke!!

I was there with d-stroy my man raekwon is really poor,..wu-famnatic is a fat german wu site,.. meth and all the others who d-stroy met did a fat shut-out as far as i know and they were pretty cool with d-stroy, but rae and ICE WATER didn´t gave a FUCK! i got to say ICE WATER was the nicest of them,.. but still commercial,...and shit,.. very very poor ,.. i got to say that,.. rae lost on me,.. for sure,.. rae comes to europe so fuckin selden and that´s what he is giving us
    I can't see Storm bein' like that? He's always been cool as fuck with me ...

Now Rae, I've heard many stories about him bein' the most arrogant in Wu ... I remember the quote "and since he got his new Bentley, he's even more arrogant" ...just before the Lex Diamond Story dropped.

Arm Leg Leg Arm Head

really,.. djstorm is a huge asshole in my eyes,.. he mailed with d-stroy tht they will met on the concert and maybe talk or somethign ( as far as i know ) but he didn´t gave a fuck on him there,.. really he was sitting there, just to look good,.. i just can say TTTTZZZZZZZ never ever will i buy ANYTHING from that BITCH! really iam fuckin pissed! oh and the quality of the shirts you could buy there is like toilett paper,.. if i would wash it one time,.. it would be destroyed,.. no doubt! and it is NO WU WEAR SHIRT! it is made somewhere in pakistan,.. WTF??? WU concert no Original WU? looks like they printed it at their own
    Da wu is coming through , da wu is coming through!

Maybe he just has a problem with Europeans or Germans or Whites in general, lol.
    Be peaceful, be courteous, obey the law, respect everyone; but if someone puts his hand on you, send him to the cemetery.-Malcolm X

Since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved.
    Niccolo Machiavelli, The Prince

www.myspace.com/mefman

www.liquidswords.tk

Shotta Rap

Quote Originally Posted by MefMan36
    Maybe he just has a problem with Europeans or Germans or Whites in general, lol.
    Well I'm both white and European and Storm has no problem with me whatsoever. Plus Storm is white himself.