Thread: iPad Review

Default iPad Review

after playing with my pad for about a week here's my take.

Form and function- this is much more than a big iPhone. calling it that is like calling your laptop just a desktop that sits in ur lap. the large screen is bright and vivid HD. the apps are built to fit this format.

the pad is very very light. it feels about as heavy as a spiral notebook and is a little smaller than one.

the touchscreen is surprisingly intelligent. its almost feels as if the pad is reading your mind and anticipating your keystrokes and finger motions. i can select a link that is surrounded by other small text links and it gets it right on the 1st try.

typing on a pad is dope. i thought it would be kinda jarring to my fingertips but somehow it feels like there are actually buttons that are being pressed.
    i wish you could customize the layout. some characters take 2-3 clicks to get to.

i tested the battery life and u can use this mf all day and all night on one charge.

Apps-
    i got a shitload of apps and havent gone really deep into all of them.
    some apps to DL:

marvel- best comic reader ever. it pans zooms and scrolls from frame to frame as you tap your way thru the story. the pages are in HD and look fantastic. the whole library is there and there are plenty of free issues to keep you satified till your comic arrives. its been a min since i collected a comic so i started by ordering a few xmen books and some free marvel zombie2 books.

the ordering interface is sleek and easy to go from choosing to watching. takes about 2-3 mins from opening the app to reading a comic.

i'll continue to review more apps or review requested features or apps.

how much does it cost in the USA, out of interest, or did you get it on contract?

mine was a lil over 750 for the 3G version 32Megs.
    oh the speed of internet even on the 3G connection is lightning fast.

sheeeeeet damn didnt know it was that pricey. though i think its around £400 so i suppose the price makes sense.

i dont like apple and their products imo its a waste of money but damn it looks entertaining lol. i wouldnt walk around with it out im sure you wouldnt either- just asking to get robbed.

I walked all around NYC with it open and on. I ain't scurried.

LOL @ ppl being scared to have other ppl see their technology... but gavin can you buy me one foy my birthday? Plllllllllleeeeeeaaaasssseeee uncllleee gavin pretty please with cherris and chocolate hookers on top???

dope review gav

SkamPoe at instagram @kinghippoe
    FOLLOW!!

PRODIGAL SUN

So, I picked up an iPad Air as a Christmas gift for my parents and decided to set it up with some Apps and Photos/Videos before I wrap it. I have a Macbook Laptop but have never used an iPad before. Two things blow my mind already.

1) No User Accounts
    - Apple seems to be not listening to their users for the last 3 years according to threads I've come across. They must expect people to own multiple iPads per household. Not having multiple user accounts sure screws you over for login credentials to Facebook, Mail, etc. Even if you wanted to have a Parental Control account for kids. FFS.

2) Photo Album Hierarchy
    - I spent the last two days organizing photos into folders and the iPad only has one-level of structure if you use a PC to sync. All the photos are just mixed together and the Album tab does jack shit. Apparently you have to use a Mac with iPhoto in order to have multiple levels of folders. iPhoto is shit.

I literally want to frisbee this POS across the room.

I thought Apple was all about user experience?
    Last edited by madchild; 12-12-2013 at 12:18 PM.

SHAKA ZULU BOBO SHANTI NYABINGHI MAN A MAU MAU WARRIOR

Quote Originally Posted by Undiluted Karma View Post
    i wouldnt walk around with it out im sure you wouldnt either- just asking to get robbed.
    I thought this was an ironman post after reading that lol
    We do it for the people.