Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bioshock Infinite

Beast of America Trailer New

First 5 minutes of game, last footage I'm gonna watch of it though till its released! Out in March, cant wait!!

Columbia: A Modern Day Icarus?

part 2

haha, yeah they're doing a good job getting me hyped for this!

Irrational Games has revealed a Season Pass for BioShock Infinite, allowing users to access the game’s DLC as soon as it becomes available.

Three add-ons are planed for the upcoming action title, which Irrational promises will offer “hours of additional gameplay and continue the player’s journey in the sky-city of Columbia with new stories, characters, abilities and weapons.”

In addition to this, those that purchase BioShock Infinite's Season Pass will also receive a free Early Bird Special Pack containing four pieces of “exclusive gear,” a Machine Gun Damage Upgrade, a Pistol Damage Upgrade, a gold skin for both weapons and “five Infusion bottles that allow players to increase their health, their shield durability or their ability to use Vigors by increasing the quantity of Salts they can carry.”

Furthermore, BioShock Infinite pre-orders (that's just the game) will be rewarded with the Industrial Revolution Pack, This pack grants exclusive access to three in-game gear items that boost combat abilities, containing $500 in in-game currency, five lock picks and the Industrial Revolution puzzle game, which is some Facebook fuelled social media thingy.

BioShock Infinite’s Season Pass will cost 1600 MSP and launch alongside the game on March 26th. It offers a discount of around £8, compared to buying the content individually.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/n...-Detailed.html

Anyone get this yet and what do you think? Brilliant game imo, couple of small complaints but it's pretty much everything I wanted from a Bioshock game. Taking my time with it but already lookin forward to a goty edition! 9/10

Very disappointing game. It's just a generic first person shooter game covered up in purty colours and tons of bloom. The graphics are just above console tier even on highest settings. 2 weapon limit. Ridiculously easy. 1999 mode turns enemies into bulletsponges making it slightly more tedious than on hard. Weapon upgrades have no visual difference. Corridors all where. Constantly telling me what buttons to press. Pretentious and needlessly convoluted bullshit plot. Dumb enemies. No meaningful interaction with environment. The whole game is just a string of scripted sequences, if anything it's an interactive movie. Might as well have been a cd-i game.

Casualized console crap. Fuck all the hype.
    "I hate them and I wish death among them!" - Mahatma Gandhi

lol, so I'm guessing you don't like it then?

Yeah the 2 weapon limit would be one of my complaints too as well as having to pause to access all the vigors instead of being able to quick scroll through them all. Wouldn't say it was ridiculously easy if you're playing on hard difficulty, never tried 1999 mode but it sounds like a chore!

Anyway, great game, believe the hype!!

Quote Originally Posted by hashashin View Post
    lol, so I'm guessing you don't like it then?

Yeah the 2 weapon limit would be one of my complaints too as well as having to pause to access all the vigors instead of being able to quick scroll through them all. Wouldn't say it was ridiculously easy if you're playing on hard difficulty, never tried 1999 mode but it sounds like a chore!

Anyway, great game, believe the hype!!
    It's barely even a game. Here's why it's easy; health regen, dumb enemies, auto aim (had to switch to 1999 mode to turn that off), Elizabeth keeps handing you all kinds of shit and on top of that enemies try to kill her but she's invincible so I get clear shots at the retarded enemies and the vigors are dealing so much damage.
    I believe this is a game for people who don't like gaming and rather watch a movie.

Here, look at this shit...

This is unacceptable for a 2013 AAA title. I swear this game is closer to 7 than a 10. Gaming journalism is a fucking joke.

This pretty much sums up my experience with Bioshock Infinite.

lol, oh well guess they couldn't please everyone! yeah the AI seems pretty shitty in that vid but you dunno what level they're playing on, I'm playing on hard and it's a lot better than that. Been stuck fighting a handyman for about an hour and half now lol, he's straight on you no matter where you go or what strategy I try and 2 hits and you're dead! Anyway, I stand by my 9/10 score!

Quote Originally Posted by hashashin View Post
    lol, oh well guess they couldn't please everyone! yeah the AI seems pretty shitty in that vid but you dunno what level they're playing on, I'm playing on hard and it's a lot better than that. Been stuck fighting a handyman for about an hour and half now lol, he's straight on you no matter where you go or what strategy I try and 2 hits and you're dead! Anyway, I stand by my 9/10 score!
    Changing the difficulty doesn't change the fucking AI! It just makes enemies more resistant to bullets and fire with slightly more accuracy. Seriously, try it. The AI behaviour does not change.

The target audience for this game seems to be young men who just grew out of CoD games but still can't win without health regen or be told what button to press.

There's very little challenge in this game and even when the game gets sort of difficult it's just more tedious. Just like in Skyrim, it's all left click until the enemy dies. Once you figure out how the simple minded AI works it's just rinse and repeat.

There was no moment in this game where I had to actually use my brain, but that is to be expected of a first person shooter. So why reviewers are making it seem Bioshock Infinite is anymore than that, is beyond me. Easily the most overrated, overhyped and overappreciated game of the year.

Futehrmore, why does every fucking AAA game have to be an interactive B movie these days? So many modern games are just a series of cutscenes with quicktime events in between. Press X to watch this movie, press B to Ramirez. Where's the gameplay?