Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Rockstars ft. Gza, Inspectah Deck & Thea available on itunes

Jamal Arief

Incredible!

And even though (IMO!) it really could have done without Thea's hook, this might very well turn out to be the track of the year for me.

Peace.

Veteran Member

I can t stop listening to it. It's constantly in my head. Wu virus certified.

It's the type of tracks which can make me buy a wack/mediocre/decent/boring album. I wanted so much to cop a physical version of ob4cl2 with rockstars. i ll finally may never own this album.

Lol at Rae for putting some mediocre, soulless, lifeless-boring, wanna be wu, generic and even corny beats on the so longly awaited album and releasing a title like "Rockstars" in a dematerialized form.
    Last edited by jokostyle; 08-18-2010 at 07:24 PM.

Veteran Member

Great tune but if I had my say: Take off Thea and Add GFK and we have a for sure Wu-Banga.

How can anyone hate Thea on this? She is at her most soulful since Baby Boy. Everything about this track is musical genius.

Veteran Member

Because shes fucking awful, makes ears bleed, and knowing RZA hes used WAY more talented singers for tracks before.

85 %ER

is there an instrumental out there?

Jamal Arief

Quote Originally Posted by beautifulrock View Post
    How can anyone hate Thea on this? She is at her most soulful since Baby Boy. Everything about this track is musical genius.
    I really like "Baby Boy". It was the first song by Thea I ever heard, and I remember that I wished to hear more of her. Well, I guess I should be careful what I wish for!

I dunno, there is something about her voice when she is going into higher pitch that just turns me off. Have to admit though, she is definitely NOT horrible on Rockstars. Just not as great as RZA, Rae, Deck and GZA.
    Still a 5/5 track, so I really don't want to complain...

Peace.

Veteran Member

[GZA/Maximillion]
    The place was very smokey & cloudy, the fool lousy music was emotional
    Peoples vibes was laid back & far from rowdy, she sit at the bar holdin' a glass
    Sippin' on a drink, tears flowin' like water from a sink, her eyes never blink
    Her cigarette was burnt to the butt, her wrist was wearin' a cut
    Her facial expressions were sayin' "Now what?", another drink was made
    Each & everytime the bass was played, bartender tellin' her to go
    But then she only stayed, ridin' on a borderline between homicidal/suicidal
    Just hours from the headlines, her story with the grim title
    She questioned her reason for being here, but even with 4 kids at home alone it still remains unclear, opens up a bottle of prescribed drugs & grabs her mug
    Down everyone of those pills till' she was feelin' bug
    Kinda weak she stumbled from her seat, but she never returned I guess it must of been a lesson to learn...

for bein thea i didn't mind her on here at all
    but i still think never matter to you is better
    and maybe now my favorite track of the whole album

Veteran Member

Iono, Never Used To Matter has some nice drums, I like the vocal sample...but its just not really "WOW". Its not bad, but not mind blowing either. Cant put my finger on it, but it needs something for it to reallllly stand out

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

I fucking hate Thea. But I'll give her a pass on this.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

the more i listen to this the more i cant stand the fact that this broad is on it. just that fucking part between rae and deck's verses is annoying having to sit through her nails on a chalkboard crooning before deck blacks out.
    Christianity = White Supremacy

-Diamond in the Rough- 3rdEyeVizion's Avatar

yeah could've done without Thea, but other than that shit is live as fuck! I was surprised to hear Deck flow like he did, but to me it's the best part of the song