Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Throwback: Muggs Claims Rza Stole His Style .

^you mean west coast? either way he's from queens so....

So many bodies on my microphone the shit's haunted

yea my bad lol, west coast rza, oh and on the prince paul comment, rza says he learned a lot of how to produce from prince paul and RNS

Munching eyes since 1989 Edgar Erebus's Avatar

First, Muggs didn't say that RZA stole his style, and second, with that first Cypress Hill album he influenced literally every rap producer there is. Let's be realistic, he was the first who actually produced songs to sound trippy, around '93 everybody was doing it (in their own way or not).

Quote Originally Posted by THE FRANCHISE™ View Post
    LOL hes fucking up here, Gravediggaz album was recorded before 36 chambers even
    Nope.
    "The Devil is not the Prince of Matter; the Devil is the arrogance of the spirit, faith without smile, truth that is never seized by doubt. The Devil is grim because he knows where he is going, and, in moving, he always returns whence he came."

I like to know why this is even being brought up its from 8 years ago why can't wu corpers stop bring up old news I mean if he would have said this last week ok but fuck 8 years ago stop bring up old shit so much am pretty sure everyone can agree that both are great producers

Veteran Member

The 2 got a good relationship, so it isn't like any accusation you're making it out to be.

What is Muggs smoking? I've never seen producers say silly stuff like that. How could he possibly say that "The Jump Off" is his beat. It shares the sample with "How Could I Kill a Man" but those two beats sound about as different as two beats that share the same sample can.
    Emotions are for the weak, so I sold mine to the highest bidder.

SHAOLIN STUDENT

Quote Originally Posted by angry! View Post

MUGGS SHOULD DO AN ALBUM WITH KILLAH PRIEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    i think i heard that was supposed to happen back in the day but priest was too busy??? not sure

muggs is ill rza is ill bottom line. people can hate on whoever but thats pretty lame to be like "fuck that rza's number 1 he never bit nobody" it's the hip hop game. you can say emcees bite coke la rock if you want. gang starr was puttin joints out in like what 89-90 that was samplin crazy before 36 chambers. it's all peace between everybody and they make each other money so why be upset. nobody is payin my bills lol

I always felt that muggs style was similar to rza's and other way around, but i don't think that first 2 cypress hill albums were so rugged like 36.

He had some darker tones in his production but rza brought it to another level

And that "Tramp" sample was used in many songs, and frankly rza brought it to another level with jump off, that beat is crazy.

Definitely rza picked up something from muggs, that is inevitable in music business
    but you can't just say that he took his style.

sleepless in basedworld ALCATRAZ's Avatar

at the end of the day rza will live on as a legend muggs wont LOLZ

SHAOLIN STUDENT

only to cats that don't truly appreciate hip hop

muggs > rza

Munching eyes since 1989 Edgar Erebus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ALCATRAZ View Post
    at the end of the day rza will live on as a legend muggs wont LOLZ
    At the end of the day you suck a dead man's dick on a regular OMFG
    "The Devil is not the Prince of Matter; the Devil is the arrogance of the spirit, faith without smile, truth that is never seized by doubt. The Devil is grim because he knows where he is going, and, in moving, he always returns whence he came."

SHAOLIN STUDENT

Muggs and RZA are both top 5 all time for me, but how is he going to complain about RZA biting his style when this beat here sounds straight from the 'In Stereo' era, right down to the bugged out synth notes at 2:11

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUWZ7Rt57I8
    noyzhiphop.bandcamp.com
    twitter.com/noyzhiphop

even if muggs did do it first I doubt he would ever be able to produce classics like the rza did and I mean that with the no disrespect to muggs

Ive been a lifelong Cypress Hill fan, and beats are one thing, and correct me if Im wrong, but I dont remember B-Real spittin lyrics about drinkin cold glasses of vinegar and chewin his fuckin arm off.

I'll give Muggs a pass on this one, he must have been high as a kite. Dude knows better than that to make such boisterous claims.