9 10.11%
  • Average

11 12.36%
  • Wack

4 4.49%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: U-God - Golden Arms Redemption

Default My take on it

I remember the year this came out, I was on a trip to DC in high school, we went to the mall before the smithsonian, and I spent my souvenier money on this and Beneath the surface, YES, even in the capital, I rep the Wu

Enter U-God-No beat, but its not needed. The lyrics, are....different. But a decent intro 6/10

Turbulence-A beat that I wish I could credit Rza with, But true mas killed it. U-god showed that he deserves his spot as a general with this one. 10/10

Glide-The beat is great, I just wish U-god held it down better lyrically 7/10

Dat's Gangta-This isnt a very over down and over produced beat, A easy drum loop and nice samples. Lyrically one of Gods best of the album 8/10

Soul Dazzle-This is the type of song that U-god needs to have more often. Lyrically hes nice on it. 9/10

Bizarre-I love this beat, one of the best, but as a instrumental, without lyrics its not as good, It could have used a guess track. Lyrically good, but God doesnt seem to be comfortable on it. 7/10

Rumble-Best track on the album. Best beat that many hardly mention. Lyrically, you can tell U-god loved this shit, and Meth crushed it like always. 10/10

Pleasure and Pain-The 2nd best track onthe album, and the guest appearance by hell razah was perfect, especially on the hook 10/10

Stay in Your Lane-Sounds like a left over beat from Forever,Could have been a better track for afro samurai if it was made years later. Lyrically you can tell U-god HATES this song, by how bored he sounds on it. 5/10

Shellshock-Raekwon is the star of this joint, The hook is even better. I like the beat, it sounds like some Killarmy shit 8/10

Lay Down-The beat is hot, and Deck would have KILLED THIS, But the hook as mentioned before ruins it from being perfect. 7/10

Hungry-Not a good track at all. But I dont know, This isnt good 1/10

Turbo Charge-One of Rzas most underrated beats, And U-god laced it nicely. this beat is FUCKING AMAZING, This SHOULD have had a Rza cameo 10/10

Knocking at Your Door-The beat is forgetable honestly, Beyond Razahs verse, I never really fucked with this joint 7/10

Night the City Cried-Wow, probrably the best finisher to a Wu solo album besides BIBLE, The beat is touching and U-god makes it rememberable, Why he did keep this flow is sickening 10/10

what i wonder is if the RZA-produced "Enter U-God" intro originally had a beat on there.. it sounds like it's supposed to be there but probably caught up in sample cleaing issues.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Avg album 6.5/10
    Rza gave him bottom of the barrel beats on this album.
    it starts off good but....

Death Poet

I was just listening to this shit. I came here just to say that the RZA beats are BY FAR his worst beats ever. It sounds like he is trying to cater to Uey and it just aint working. there are some bangers on this album but Uey shouldn't release albums. I love u god on guest appearances and Wu albums, but dopium was his best album and Its just above average. I love is flow and his passion but I just don't think he is creative enough to do albums. Or maybe he is trying to be to creative. I think he either needs some hardcore Wu beats or some smooth shit like bizzare. that track is so sick. as for hardcore rumble is sick too. That song"knocking at the door" or whatever is ill too, but the hook is just so fucking annoying. I love when U god goes off. the last song is nice too, Night he city cried.

^^ "Stay in Your Lane" is real bullshit music but "Turbo Charge" grew like fucking crazy on me, Uey was born to rhyme on that beat.. that is incredible chemistry between MC and producer, so go back to that one and just zone out.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Great album, very underrated. Night the City Cried is excellent storytelling.

nada ignorante

Quote Originally Posted by Young Gun View Post
    Great album, very underrated. Night the City Cried is excellent storytelling.
    Was just about to say that yo.
    N.I.

Superior

Best track:
    Rumble
    Turbulence
    Dats gangsta( chorus average)
    Pleasure or pain
    Glide
    Shell shock
    Lay down is the best beat but the chorus inacceptable inthinkable lol
    Turbo charge is cool but again the chorus is average

Its inspectah deck with rumble and glide and once again true master who save this album

Classic : it was possible with more feat wu like rza or ghost and some killarmy
    1 or 2 track by 4th disciple by deleting hungry and stay in line

And of course u god choose tekita, rasbery or 60 for his chorus lol

garbage ass shit!!!
    Last edited by GMONEY2472; 02-21-2014 at 06:50 PM.

Pleasure Or Pain best track on the album.
    "Zawissius Niger" Polish knight.

PRODIGAL SUN

this shxt is better than the pillage